Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

e36 specific upgrades

whats a good site to go to for lots of options for the e36 bmw? its older but im looking for interior/exterior/tuning ect. much thanks in advance Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1998 328i, has a 1999 328is engine now though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Well, to be perfectly honest bimmerforums is worth checking out for good E36 info although there is a lot to sort through and not particularly well organized.

What are you looking for exactly as we can help as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ive been on there, pretty helpful with repairs ect. but figured i should ask here you all seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes smart upgrades and where to get them, im looking to put on some affordable whp as well as interior replacement parts for the e36...that piece above the glove box fell off but i did a quick fix now good as new but wanted to change a few things

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skorger Click here to enlarge
    ive been on there, pretty helpful with repairs ect. but figured i should ask here you all seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes smart upgrades and where to get them, im looking to put on some affordable whp as well as interior replacement parts for the e36...that piece above the glove box fell off but i did a quick fix now good as new but wanted to change a few things
    If you want some engine performance parts, feel free to create a thread in the engine section.

This section can help you with interior, exterior, suspension, electronics, etc.

You just need the piece above the glove box?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya thats y i posted here seemed right guess i should have split the post my bad, not atm the temp fix seems to be holding...its with standing 2 12s from menace audio with bass boost lol so for now not worried but i will want to switch it out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

ya thats y i posted here seemed right guess i should have split the post my bad, not atm the temp fix seems to be holding...its with standing 2 12s from menace audio with bass boost lol so for now not worried but i will want to switch it out
    No worries, we'll help point you in the right direction.

So other than the trim all good on the inside?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pretty much, one question though do you have an idea why the upper half of the odometer turns on but the bottom stays off unless im driving...not a big deal you can see the mileage but might just be a shirt? i'd guess otherwise everything in the car works im currently having the sunroof fixed though then there car should be all good. but eventually i want to change the trim on the inside. i love the e36 body alot but when i get there ill change the exterior body trim to a sunset perlecent then matching the interior and rims...sorry went off track abit lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my edit doesnt seem to be working? but i ment short not shirt lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

my edit doesnt seem to be working? but i ment short not shirt lol
    You have 10 minutes to edit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

pretty much, one question though do you have an idea why the upper half of the odometer turns on but the bottom stays off unless im driving...not a big deal you can see the mileage but might just be a shirt? i'd guess otherwise everything in the car works im currently having the sunroof fixed though then there car should be all good. but eventually i want to change the trim on the inside. i love the e36 body alot but when i get there ill change the exterior body trim to a sunset perlecent then matching the interior and rims...sorry went off track abit lol
    No idea on this, I'll go to @Matt@Camber-Toe for this one let's see what he has to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No idea on this, I'll go to @Matt@Camber-Toe for this one let's see what he has to say.
    alright thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

might be a bad solder joint in the gauge cluster. E30s or anything pre 1990 was notorious for this, I wouldnt be surprised if it had a bad connection somewhere in the E36.

What do you mean by bottom half? Usually the mileage is always displayed, but the green bar counter that comes on when you start the car is only an indicator of how many miles you have remaining til your next service. Once it turns yellow or red it should stay illuminated to let you know you are due or over due.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'll take a picture and post it as soon as i can so you can see what i mean its odd cuz it will read the mileage on the car but it only reads the top half and then the bottom half comes on eventually, it splits the numbers in half example : 157000 : well you only see the top half of the numbers but it does eventually come completely on.