Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

What do these run stock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    What do these run stock?
    I don't think I've seen a 6mt tested before. I believe a magazine got 13.1 out of the auto but I wouldn't take that to mean that the Dinan only picked up 1 tenth. The auto shifts faster and is probably easier to launch. I'm sure when Alex gets some more seat time he'll pick up 3 or 4 tenths easy. Someone on 5post ran a 12.4 with an auto Dinan tune and he trapped lower than Alex did. There was also an auto that was bone stock a while back that ran almost exactly what Alex ET'd(I think that run was maybe 1 hundredth quicker) but if iirc he trapped 4 or 5mph slower. If the weather is good Friday I'll run her and post up my times here with video and all that to compare. All I got are DP's. I also have a dyno appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    If the weather is good Friday I'll run her and post up my times here with video and all that to compare. All I got are DP's. I also have a dyno appointment tomorrow afternoon.
    Click here to enlarge Yours is an auto, correct? My guess - you'll run just as quick (maybe even a tenth quicker) and 2-3 MPH slower. Looking forward to the results!
    Last edited by alextremo; 10-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Yours is an auto, correct? My guess - you'll run just as quick (maybe even a tenth quicker) and 2-3 MPH slower. Looking forward to the results!
    Yeah mines is auto. I'd love to run 13.1@109 anything above that and I'll need to get to work anything below and I'll consider myself lucky. I've never been to the strip with an auto before and the only time I tried to launch this car it doesn't let me powerbrake beyond 2k or so before it kills power. Not sure if it's programmer that way to prevent stuck gas pedal conditions or if I just don't know what I'm doing(this is probably it) lol still I'm excited to see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

wow That's a great run, especially since it was your first with with a manual

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah mines is auto. I'd love to run 13.1@109 anything above that and I'll need to get to work anything below and I'll consider myself lucky. I've never been to the strip with an auto before and the only time I tried to launch this car it doesn't let me powerbrake beyond 2k or so before it kills power. Not sure if it's programmer that way to prevent stuck gas pedal conditions or if I just don't know what I'm doing(this is probably it) lol still I'm excited to see what happens.
    You know - my second run I tried being more aggressive and launched at ~2500RPM and just spun the wheels. Was my worst launch of the 3. There's so much torque down low I don't think you'll be missing anything by not being able to brake boost to a higher RPM.

Maybe a different story if you had AWD or slicks...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by persian54 Click here to enlarge
    wow That's a great run, especially since it was your first with with a manual
    thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So I got back from the dyno a while ago after seeing some pretty cool cars get tuned. As for my dyno after the downpipes here is the dyno sheet(viewer discretion is advised as the below chart contains information not for the faint of heart.)

Click here to enlarge

So I gained 2hp peak BUT I dropped 24ft-lbs of torque and that is not even the crazy part. In the midrange I lost 56rwhp and 97rwtp! So what the FUK is going on right??? WELL here's what I think is the cause of my misfortune, the damned CEL. I have the innovative motorsports OT-2 plugged into the OBD-2 port and connected via wifi to my iphone. I've been noticing and have even mentioned on here that while all the other inputs i've read on the OT-2 make perfect sense the map sensor for some reason only show 2.6psi of boost maximum. At first I attributed it to the fuel level sensor error which the car had developed but I took it to the dealer yesterday and they took care of it. Today at the dyno again I noticed that it still was showing just 2.6psi on the map sensor gauge.

I think that maybe since the Check engine light is on its limiting maximum boost?? Really that is the only thing I can come up with to explain the massive drop off in mid range power. As for why the peak #'s are somewhat closer to the originals I think that is a combination of the fact that boost normally tapers off in the top end on the stock car which brings the numbers closer as there isn't such a big difference in maximum boost. And the other reason is I think the downpipes really shine in the top range and help close the gap.

So now what to do? Well I gotta get rid of the damned check engine light and see if it bumps the boost up. Or perhaps I'm retarded and the boost gauge is reading what its supposed to read and getting rid of the cats cost me that much?? This doesn't seem probable but I wont be able to prove whats what until I get everything working properly. Tomorrow I will make some 02 simulators(Colombian design of course) and see if I can get rid of the problem and see if boost goes up. If it does I'll put it back on the dyno and try and get some more realistic #'s. I'm supposed to go to the track tomorrow night and see what she runs but I want to get this resolved first. If I cant fix it I'll probably still go to the track to get some time with the car on the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow - very interesting to say the least...

I didn't realize you were using an obdii gauge - I use torque for android with the kiwi adaptor and I see the same thing 2.6 psi max. I think theres a custom pid needed for this car as the map and baro sensors don't seem to reflect the proper values. Given the rest of that curve, I'm guessing boost is not your problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    Wow - very interesting to say the least...

I didn't realize you were using an obdii gauge - I use torque for android with the kiwi adaptor and I see the same thing 2.6 psi max. I think theres a custom pid needed for this car as the map and baro sensors don't seem to reflect the proper values. Given the rest of that curve, I'm guessing boost is not your problem.
    There is no problem, other than getting a timeslip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is no problem, other than getting a timeslip.
    I'll have a time slip today. Hoping for around 13.5 or so now. I'd say there's a problem lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Okay well I went to the track this afternoon but once again the night ended in disappointment as my brother in law was supposed to meet me at the track with a helmet. Well he couldn't make it so I was pretty much screwed. Sure enough first pass I ran a 13.254@109.42 and the tech official warned me about the helmet. I told him my brother in law was on the way with it and he let it slide.

I made two more passed where I slammed the brake on around the 1/8 before they booted me for sandbagging. Still I think I could get it to 13.199 or slightly better as in my last run my incrementals were 5 hundredths better before I let off just before the 1/8. I'll post time slips later tonight, now I'm on the way to my B I L's house to get the damn helmet. I'll go again next week.

I think if I get whatevers causing the big drop in power fixed by next week I can run 13.0x's@110.00

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

sucks about the helmet. can you post the slip? what was your 60'?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Meant to do it last night:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I think I could have gone low 13.2x or even 13.1x on the last one as my launch and incrementals were much better. I got out of it before the 1/8 and you can see I et'd with my previous passes even though I trapped almost 7mph slower(I'd already let out).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Meant to do it last night:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_0811-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_0813-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_0812-1.jpg

I think I could have gone low 13.2x or even 13.1x on the last one as my launch and incrementals were much better. I got out of it before the 1/8 and you can see I et'd with my previous passes even though I trapped almost 7mph slower(I'd already let out).
    So 13.2@109 is your best so far with what mods?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So 13.2@109 is your best so far with what mods?
    AR downpipes. But that is slower than what they've been tested stock. I think the combination of a pretty large drop in power with the DP's and not enough passes to get a good launch sequence conspired to keep me @13.2 but if I could figure out why the drop in power and fix it and get like 5 more passes I think I could be 13.0x or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

AR downpipes. But that is slower than what they've been tested stock. I think the combination of a pretty large drop in power with the DP's and not enough passes to get a good launch sequence conspired to keep me @13.2 but if I could figure out why the drop in power and fix it and get like 5 more passes I think I could be 13.0x or so.
    Why did you have a drop in power?

Not sure why you aren't running a tune already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Why did you have a drop in power?

Not sure why you aren't running a tune already.
    Not sure about why the drop in power, perhaps the massive loss in back pressure or the CEL. Which tune should I get, the Dinan? It's alright but even then it's not made for people running DP's and I'd probably still have this issue. Who else has a tune for these cars? No one that I'm aware of, also I really didn't want some just off the shelf flash tune I wanted something tailored to my mods and needs. There isn't anything out there. I know your gonna say OE tuning but they don't have a tune for this car, where are the results or who's car did they work on? Just because they have an N63 tune doesn't mean it'll work on this car as the dme is different for this n63 than the others. That's why Andrew@AR was saying to me in another thread that a tune was already available. I pointed out to him that the one he was talking about didn't work for the F10 and he reconfirmed with the company that he deals with. I need a tune in the worst way but none are out there.
    Last edited by Jimefam; 10-24-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I know your gonna say OE tuning but they don't have a tune for this car, where are the results or who's car did they work on? Just because they have an N63 tune doesn't mean it'll work on this car as the dme is different for this n63 than the others.
    Yep, OE Tuning will do a custom tune for you. They have already done a bunch of S63 motors it is just the N63 guys don't seem to tune as much.

If I were you I would have already done it but your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yep, OE Tuning will do a custom tune for you. They have already done a bunch of S63 motors it is just the N63 guys don't seem to tune as much.

If I were you I would have already done it but your car.
    How would they custom tune my car being that I'm in Atlanta and they're in LA? Also X vehicles tune won't work on the F10. I spoke with Jeremy awhile back about his N63 tune and he told me he couldn't use it on F10 vehicles because the dme's are different I don't think much has changed as I'm fairly certain if he'd tuned one we would've heard about it by now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

How would they custom tune my car being that I'm in Atlanta and they're in LA? Also X vehicles tune won't work on the F10. I spoke with Jeremy awhile back about his N63 tune and he told me he couldn't use it on F10 vehicles because the dme's are different I don't think much has changed as I'm fairly certain if he'd tuned one we would've heard about it by now.
    I don't know if he has tuned one yet but someone has to start. If he hasn't, good for you, great deal.

They do trips to the other side of the country. Get dyno time somewhere and arrange it.

I would have already made it happen but if you want to sit around and wait for someone else to post some results while you say you are losing power that is your deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't know if he has tuned one yet but someone has to start. If he hasn't, good for you, great deal.

They do trips to the other side of the country. Get dyno time somewhere and arrange it.

I would have already made it happen but if you want to sit around and wait for someone else to post some results while you say you are losing power that is your deal.
    Lol I'm telling you he mentioned to me that he couldn't tune those yet, same as Roman from ESS tuning. Ive talked to a bunch of people but they all say the same thing that they need some kind of an optical cable that they haven't gotten yet. Trust me I'm working on it, my first choice was to have Shiv tune it but after having the car there for a few months it couldn't be done in the time frame I needed it. Now I'm working on another option but it hasn't come to fruition yet.oh and I don't say I'm losing power did you not see the dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Lol I'm telling you he mentioned to me that he couldn't tune those ye
    He can tun the N63...

same as Roman from ESS tuning.
    Roman isn't a tuner, his guy in Europe is.

Ive talked to a bunch of people but they all say the same thing that they need some kind of an optical cable that they haven't gotten yet. Trust me I'm working on it, my first choice was to have Shiv tune it but after having the car there for a few months it couldn't be done in the time frame I needed it.
    I just texted him, let's see.

Shiv would be your first choice? Are you crazy?

oh and I don't say I'm losing power did you not see the dyno?
    You said you were down on power earlier?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ive talked to a bunch of people but they all say the same thing that they need some kind of an optical cable that they haven't gotten yet.
    He just told me he has it, he can tune it. So...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One of the benefits of getting Shiv to tune it is that enhancing the tune as you add bolt ons is easier than creating a custom flash tune each time. Since their aren't a lot of options yet (dps, exhaust only afaik) it would be nice to have the flexibility as stuff comes to market. If Shiv had a product ready to go I would have went with that over Dinan, no question. For now I'm happy enough with what I have until more options get developed - after that who knows...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast