Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I'll be at the dyno today with Jeremy, I'll ask him about it. Had another person from here PM me through bpost (limited by rep and posts) and he said he was looking for a flash tune for his 550 and possibly downpipes.

Not everyone wants to spend 15-1600 for pipes and installation..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I'll be at the dyno today with Jeremy, I'll ask him about it. Had another person from here PM me through bpost (limited by rep and posts) and he said he was looking for a flash tune for his 550 and possibly downpipes.

Not everyone wants to spend 15-1600 for pipes and installation..
    Better yet ask him to call me. 4043583766

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    One of the benefits of getting Shiv to tune it is that enhancing the tune as you add bolt ons is easier than creating a custom flash tune each time.
    You don't need to do a custom tune each time with a flash, you are just tweaking the tune that is already there. Shiv would have to try to get the Procede to interface with the N63 and well, basically, a flash is better.

If Shiv had a product ready to go I would have went with that over Dinan, no question.
    Didn't tune isn't as aggressive but it exists for one and is a far more consistent option. Don't even know why anyone would want to go with Shiv when he is losing so much market share to flashes in the N54 sector let alone not having shown anything anywhere else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Had another person from here PM me through bpost (limited by rep and posts)
    Reduced the rep PM requirement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't need to do a custom tune each time with a flash, you are just tweaking the tune that is already there. Shiv would have to try to get the Procede to interface with the N63 and well, basically, a flash is better.

Didn't tune isn't as aggressive but it exists for one and is a far more consistent option. Don't even know why anyone would want to go with Shiv when he is losing so much market share to flashes in the N54 sector let alone not having shown anything anywhere else.
    IMO the only flash that I'd pick over the Procede is the Cobb. I'll get another flash since neither shiv nor Cobb have anything out or are working on the N63 but for me it would be:

1.Cobb 2.procede 3. Other flashes

Btw called OE but no response left a message. Hopefully he'll get back to me asap as I'd like to do this now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not sure the difference between a tweak to a flash tune and a custom tune, but there would be dyno time and coding involved for each bolt on as VE would change over the rpm band and would require changes to boost,timing and fuel maps to compensate. Thats what your seeing missing in jimefams dyno imo.

Its a bit irrelevant anyway as procede isnt an option at this point, and i wasnt willing to wait. Given the options available, im happy with the dinan tune for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    IMO the only flash that I'd pick over the Procede is the Cobb. I'll get another flash since neither shiv nor Cobb have anything out or are working on the N63 but for me it would be:

1.Cobb 2.procede 3. Other flashes

Btw called OE but no response left a message. Hopefully he'll get back to me asap as I'd like to do this now.
    OE Tuning is doing their East Coast tuning trip right now so they are a little busy.

Why would you even consider a Procede in the first place? Makes no sense to me especially on your motor. You want to be able to properly control timing and air fuel, not trick the ECU in raising boost.

Flashes are going to dominate your platform (they already are) and I doubt Shiv will even get to it not that it even matters if he does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Not sure the difference between a tweak to a flash tune and a custom tune, but there would be dyno time and coding involved for each bolt on as VE would change over the rpm band and would require changes to boost,timing and fuel maps to compensate. Thats what your seeing missing in jimefams dyno imo.

Its a bit irrelevant anyway as procede isnt an option at this point, and i wasnt willing to wait. Given the options available, im happy with the dinan tune for now.
    You want to dyno tune each time instead of just letting the ECU compensate within factory parameters for maximum effectiveness.

Dinan tune is a nice choice. It's mild, but solid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    HUGE +1 for OE Tuning

They tuned my M3 and I'm in love with the power bump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by persian54 Click here to enlarge
    HUGE +1 for OE Tuning

They tuned my M3 and I'm in love with the power bump.
    Yes, OE does good work. Their S65 tunes are pretty much the best that can be done on that platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes, OE does good work. Their S65 tunes are pretty much the best that can be done on that platform.
    I agree

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I went to the import showdown at silverdollar raceway today with the idea to just spectate but I guess because of low car count they decided to allow TNT between rounds so since I now carry the helmet in the car I jumped in. Made 4 passes with a best of 13.07@109.40 and a 60' of 2.108. Pretty happy with that as I had 1/2 a tank, I think if I can come back in a few weeks with 1/8 tank and a tire pressure gauge to drop the psi to about 25 I can see a 12.999 pass. Hopefully though next time it'll be with a tune and run mid 12's. Alot of people were impressed with the big sedans time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Bumping this cause I think I might have an idea why my power is off since getting the downpipes. It's getting pretty cold in Atlanta and I usually turn the car on in my basement and when it's warmed up pull out. But today I got a low tire warning and stopped at a gas station to fill it and left the car on. Since it's real cold outside the exhaust is real visible, I noticed as I was filling the tire that I had a steady stream of exhaust coming from under the hood. I popped the hood and saw more exhaust coming from under the engine cover. So I guess I've got a leak, not sure if that would cause the big difference in power but it can't be good. I'll see if I can pull the engine apart tomorrow and try to pinpoint the leak. Also while I'm at it I'll see if I can put some non foulers on to get rid of the CEL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    So I guess I've got a leak, not sure if that would cause the big difference in power but it can't be good.
    That could be the source of all your problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123