Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Hey take a good close look at those graphs.

Notice the low end losing a little power but gaining more up top?
    As it should be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    for all those who disagreed with me saying that centrifugals dont maintain the factory torque CURVE, heres my proof.

Factory M3 vs. My car

curves are the same shape, but mine is just shifted up higher.
    My friend all you did was prove everyone else's point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    how so?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

+1
    peak torque at ~7500rpm vs ~4000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

how so?
    Your curves have almost the identical slope both before and after. The only change was that now with the centi they are raised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You can build a PD setup that keeps a similar curve as well. The newest ones don't have the crappy thermal issues of the oldest roots style stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Your curves have almost the identical slope both before and after. The only change was that now with the centi they are raised.
    WTF???

Are you people retarded, or am I retarded and reading everything wrong?

Initially, I said Centri blowers "MAINTAIN FACTORY TORQUE CURVE", but just "SHIFT IT UP HIGHER"

think of it like factory torque curve, "Y1" = x^2, and a centrifugal boosted motor curve, "Y2" = 10 + X^2

if anyone knows basic calculus, the slopes (rates of change) are the same, except one is shifted higher.

This is what I said about centri blowers and why they are popular on the S65...

Sticky later said the Centri blower does not maintain the factory torque curve.

just to clarify, what i mean by CURVE is the S.H.A.P.E of the line, not exact values. Both graphs, stock and supercharged, look the same except one starts and ends at a higher number. Exactly what I said in my Original Post a few pages back, starting with "ill take a stab at this one"...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    They don't because obviously they can't. They follow the factory curve sure but they just keep adding torque as rpm rises to essentially they just keep shifting the right side up. This works well with an M3 which revs high as you keep raising the torque multiplication up top.

Technically by what you are saying a twin screw would match the factory curve too as it would just take the stock curve and move it up everywhere. The centri just moves it up top and moves it down somewhat down low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

WTF???

Initially, I said Centri blowers "MAINTAIN FACTORY TORQUE CURVE", but just "SHIFT IT UP HIGHER"

think of it like factory torque curve, "Y1" = x^2, and a centrifugal boosted motor curve, "Y2" = 10 + X^2

if anyone knows basic calculus, the slopes (rates of change) are the same, except one is shifted higher.

just to clarify, what i mean by CURVE is the S.H.A.P.E of the line, not exact values. Both graphs, stock and supercharged, look the same except one starts and ends at a higher number. Exactly what I said in my Original Post a few pages back, starting with "ill take a stab at this one"...
    your 100% right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    WTF???

Yes you are retarded.

Look closely at your graph, the slope of the torque curve is very different. The stock power torque curve is 'flatter' than the centri curve. We are not talking about numbers, just shape. The torque curve of a centri blower does not compliment the stock torque curve, it does not shift it vertically either. A centri blower may 'feel' like it has more power at all revs only because the stock S65 torque curve is low and flat. It raises both ends, but the top end is raised much more than the bottom end. Sure you will pick up power at 2500 RPM with a centri, but not as much as a twin screw at 2500 RPM, and that is a fact.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yes you are retarded.
    Heh, made me laugh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Dont count TS blowers out just yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Dont count TS blowers out just yet Click here to enlarge
    Counted out here....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Our car has evil throttle response with the Rotex unit.

Interesting discussion gentlemen.
    good to know

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    good to know
    When bumping please don't quote an old post without anything to add.

This is a great thread (due to all your technical points, just kidding, I mean due to my technical points) but add substance to it if you are bringing it back from the dead. Forum 101...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When bumping please don't quote an old post without anything to add.

This is a great thread (due to all your technical points, just kidding, I mean due to my technical points) but add substance to it if you are bringing it back from the dead. Forum 101...
    considering it is relevent again with a new option, people may want to see its been discussed before., so what i quoted was personal choice, but it needed to be bumped

also, i was going to quote the best information you provided in this thread, but decided not to:
    Save your time and money, it isn't happening.
    in reference to my comment about a TS blower for the S65..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

in reference to my comment about a TS blower for the S65..
    There still is no twin screw and I don't know if there ever will be. You don't seem to understand but that's fine.

The technical details for why a positive displacement did not exist and would be difficult to do were all discussed. The reason this works now is due to exactly what I wrote in my post on page two:

Well, on the S65, since it has independent throttle bodies right on top of the motor how do you mount a twin screw after the throttle bodies? I don't know, does not seem that you can. A solution might be to convert it to single throttle body but then that creates a whole host of issues with programming.

Those were the two ways to do it. Nobody did it by going to a single throttle body and nobody had a manifold for a positive displacement that would fit behind the ITB's. Well, these guys thought out of the box and made one.

Now at no point did you suggest a solution or any reasoning for why it may happen or even show an understanding of why this is difficult. And this is now out yet btw, there is a ton to do.

Great thread though for people who want to actually read some technical points.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

can someone explain this?

This thread died, but it seems it would not be as hard as people think.

The toughest part i thought about was the manifold and how to overcome the ITB's..

BUT, look here:
    http://www.modularfords.com/f79/tech...-house-131332/
    a reverse TS blower. That looks perfect for what we need..
    a TS will literally rip the paint off the doors of an equally boosted Centri blower..

I contacted KB already, they have not, nor have any desire to dive into the imprt world, which sucks for us.. Whipple has yet to respond, Im about to email the guys posted above
    They didn't "take" your idea they are using a bypass valve to bleed pressure as suggested by someone in this thread and that is what is key.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

They didn't "take" your idea they are using a bypass valve to bleed pressure as suggested by someone in this thread and that is what is key.
    soooo.. they stole BOTH our idea's Click here to enlarge

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910