Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You're car looks great...you're doing the full get-up I wanted to get for my 5...but I wanted something smaller...This is a pretty sick 5er... Click here to enlarge Making me miss my 5er now Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    My car is half way there..... I still need to get DP, Meth and FMIC. Your car looks great man!
    Thanks Ninja! Just added the suspension this week. Will do a full writeup on it shortly.
    2008 BMW 535iA | Cobb Stg2+ | FBO | Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    SUSPENSION:

So I've done my suspension and that wraps up the 5 project, at least the major modifications for it.

I went with H&R Sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks. The front has dropped 1 1/2" and the read 1 1/4". The ride is really, really nice now. Still soft enough to be comfortable around town but much harder in the corners with little roll. While we were there we also replaced the control arm bushings which I'm sure helps the ride out a bit (55k on the originals).

Total labor on that was $700 and it took a total of about 6 hours. We re-used the shock mounts as they looked to be in good condition. Other then that, there were no complications and, honestly, had I know how much of a difference it would of made from the stock, non-sport, suspension, it would of been far higher on the priority list. Will try to get some photos up soon.
    2008 BMW 535iA | Cobb Stg2+ | FBO | Meth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123