Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, what's next? (I've got DCI's, AR DP's and Cobb stg 2)

Hey everyone... so I jsut got my DP's installed yesterday and am running Cobb stg 2. I have no plans on integrating a JB4 for meth because, honestly, I just don't want to mod my car in that fashion. So, out of the possibilities I have for my 535, I can look at installing an FMIC or exhaust. Since the DP's are replaced the exhaust may or may not give me any additional performance, so I've been leaning towards the FMIC, but it's a hard call.

What do you think? Exhaust or FMIC? I am still under CPO but am hoping the DP's won't be seen or cared about. We'll see.
    2008 BMW 535iA | Cobb Stg2+ | FBO | Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Exhaust. unless you treat your car like it's a F1, in that case FMIC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

You already have DPs, my vote goes to FMIC...I wouldn't touch the exhaust until the very last thing on your car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

FMIC, then meth when ATR comes out.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    FMIC, then meth when ATR comes out.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks guys... again, the FMIC was the direction I was leaning as well. Looking forward to getting the pre-dyno results posted, then hitting it again next week for the DP dyno runs before going with the FMIC.

I screwed up my first dyno run though... could of sworn we were supposed to be in 3rd gear (ya ya, I know - should of been 4th), so all pulls were down in 3rd. Thinking I can probably baseline it with DP's and no tune this week and still get an accurate baseline. Click here to enlarge

FWIW - I dyno'ed at 260hp stock, 318hp on aggressive. Have no idea how doing a 3rd gear run affected those #'s though.

Last question - Is BHP or WHP standard when getting dyno charts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FMIC, especially during NC summers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

FMIC, meth, or exhaust. You will want them all, flip a 3 sided coin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xclone Click here to enlarge
    Thanks guys... again, the FMIC was the direction I was leaning as well. Looking forward to getting the pre-dyno results posted, then hitting it again next week for the DP dyno runs before going with the FMIC.

I screwed up my first dyno run though... could of sworn we were supposed to be in 3rd gear (ya ya, I know - should of been 4th), so all pulls were down in 3rd. Thinking I can probably baseline it with DP's and no tune this week and still get an accurate baseline. Click here to enlarge

FWIW - I dyno'ed at 260hp stock, 318hp on aggressive. Have no idea how doing a 3rd gear run affected those #'s though.

Last question - Is BHP or WHP standard when getting dyno charts?
    Depends on the dyno, the majority of the N54 community runs on dynojet which produce whp figures.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are the gains for a FMIC? How much cooler are the IAT's? And the ATR will be able to tune with meth? thats great news...

Xclone what FMIC are you thinking of going with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Depends on the dyno, the majority of the N54 community runs on dynojet which produce whp figures.
    Thanks Irish!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joshj84 Click here to enlarge
    What are the gains for a FMIC? How much cooler are the IAT's? And the ATR will be able to tune with meth? thats great news...

Xclone what FMIC are you thinking of going with?
    I've got the CPE on order. The gains without a tune are pretty minimal and I can't find any hard data on the IAT's I can expect to see. However, the 5 IC is actually smaller then the 3 and the Stg2+ map from Cobb does take advantage of the aftermarket IC s I should be able to push about 360-370 whp. That will be perfect for my 4 door sedan. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    FMIC. For sure.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    FMIC. For sure.
    +1 ETS 5" In stock, PM me for the best price!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris @ ardesign Click here to enlarge
    +1 ETS 5" In stock, PM me for the best price!
    Hey Chris! Thanks for the message! Do you have a confirmation that the ETS will fit a 535? The 535 is NOT the same as the 335 (it's smaller actually and has transmission cooler lines in the way). I've got one on order from CP-E but I'm trying to gather information for other 5 guys wanting to upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

It will NOT fit the 535. The cp-e will not fit either. In fact, no 335i intercooler will fit.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It will NOT fit the 535. The cp-e will not fit either. In fact, no 335i intercooler will fit.
    Yes, exactly. CP-E has one they say fits the 535, so i'm gonna try it out. If it doesn't fit, then I'll know. I know there is not as big of a market for the 535 FMIC but it sure would be awesome if someone (cough cough) could make one for it. Click here to enlarge I'm too far away for a test car but if the CP-E doesn't fit, and you guys want to corner the market for them, then, well, I would be happy to get it installed. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I wonder why CP-E would say they have one that fits then though?

Why is it that they don't fit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The connections on the 335 come from the bottom and angle up at an angle, the 535 intercooler connections come straight out of the intercooler. Oh and I'd get the intercooler next, if you can find one that fits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey Xclone, I'm pretty sure you saw the post on n54tech about the guy who got an FMIC fabbed then it was actually worse for the IAT's with aggressive driving. I think it was you at least that posted on there that you had ordered the CPE FMIC, but I'm interested to see how that one works also because I've basically modded my car with everything (DPs, JB4, Meth, Exhaust, DCI) and I don't know what I should next...I feel like the only real things I have left are new turbos, FMIC, or just getting the engine completely cleaned out. But I'm also scared because if I do get the new turbos (which is what I really want) I might have to get a new tranny built...and judging by LM's costs, I don't have that kind of money lying around. But back to the original topic, I'd love to come by and meet you sometime because I go to school in Greensboro, and my family lives in Fayetteville. I'd also love to dyno my car, maybe we can get together and go dyno together or something. Plus if/when you get the FMIC in I would love to take a look at it and be kept in the loop about it because I've been looking for an FMIC for a long time, but the cost of getting one fabbed seems to outweigh the benefits that 5's are receiving from doing that. Either way, keep us (especially me) informed about it! Click here to enlarge Good luck

N54Tech link:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12569
    Last edited by hworang00; 10-22-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added link
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Xclone, I'm pretty sure you saw the post on n54tech about the guy who got an FMIC fabbed then it was actually worse for the IAT's with aggressive driving. I think it was you at least that posted on there that you had ordered the CPE FMIC, but I'm interested to see how that one works also because I've basically modded my car with everything (DPs, JB4, Meth, Exhaust, DCI) and I don't know what I should next...I feel like the only real things I have left are new turbos, FMIC, or just getting the engine completely cleaned out. But I'm also scared because if I do get the new turbos (which is what I really want) I might have to get a new tranny built...and judging by LM's costs, I don't have that kind of money lying around. But back to the original topic, I'd love to come by and meet you sometime because I go to school in Greensboro, and my family lives in Fayetteville. I'd also love to dyno my car, maybe we can get together and go dyno together or something. Plus if/when you get the FMIC in I would love to take a look at it and be kept in the loop about it because I've been looking for an FMIC for a long time, but the cost of getting one fabbed seems to outweigh the benefits that 5's are receiving from doing that. Either way, keep us (especially me) informed about it! Click here to enlarge Good luck

N54Tech link:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12569
    Hey Hworang!

Ya, that was me. The guy who had the IC fabbed said, in essence, it wasn't worth it. So I'm trying to stay with the entire piece to see if we can make it work. I talked with the owner of CP-E and he seemed pretty confident it would fit with some minor cutting (which will be required for any after market FMIC). I will be taking some photos and doing a writeup on the install for the CP-E guys because, if it does truly fit, it's the only one I've found.

I'd definitely love to hook up when you are in town. I'm actually in Holly Springs (Which is just south of Cary) but am around the Raleigh/Cary area all the time. The dyno I use is at Mayhem Motorsports off of Gresham Lake Trail in N. Raleigh. We could definitely arrange a meetup/dyno for there. Gimme a shout (xclone @ earthlink . net) and we'll get it planned.

My FMIC should be here next week then the install will probably be the week after. Will definitely keep you in the loop and if you're around, maybe even meet you at the shop doing the install so you can see for yourself.

Brian

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I will be taking some photos and doing a writeup on the install for the CP-E guys because, if it does truly fit, it's the only one I've found.
    This is what we are all eagerly waiting to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You won't have to wait too much longer Sticky. Click here to enlarge

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:Monday, 10/24/2011, By End of Day

Raleigh, NC, United States 10/24/2011 7:08 A.M. Out For Delivery
    10/24/2011 5:48 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Richmond, VA, United States 10/24/2011 3:04 A.M. Departure Scan
    Richmond, VA, United States 10/22/2011 3:58 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Laurel, MD, United States 10/22/2011 12:20 A.M. Departure Scan
    Laurel, MD, United States 10/21/2011 8:41 P.M. Origin Scan
    10/21/2011 4:18 P.M. Pickup Scan
    United States 10/20/2011 2:13 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Nice! Do pictures the moment it comes in. Yes, nerdy stuff like that is cool Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LOL.. I will do that. Of course, they require a signature and my wife wasnt home.. dammit. Tomorrow it is!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

LOL.. I will do that. Of course, they require a signature and my wife wasnt home.. dammit. Tomorrow it is!
    No worries, you can also pick it up if it isn't too late but on the East Coast it likely is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast