12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Also, road race tires suck on a dragstrip.. They have the soft compound but have a very stiff sidewall...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    Gee coming from someone who used to hate on HPF for not running in the 10's i thought you would laugh at the comment...For a car that is trapping high 130's one should be in the 10's...

Word on the street is, Chris was waiting to put this turbo on just to race me Click here to enlarge

It will happen, it will be videoed and it will be posted regardless who wins....

The 82mm turbo will have an even worse powerband than the 76mm... It may make a peak number that is higher but it is going to be useless..
    You have the worst condition of "Little Man Syndrome" I've ever seen.
    STAGE 1 M3 TURBO KIT SALE - $13,500!!!!
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL...

Thats the pot calling the kettle black...

1200whp to beat a 700whp car? Whos the little man now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In all seriousness you know i do this for fun right? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

It looks like horsepower is your main goal. "Horsepower freaks"

Let me know when you guys hit 10s

This is out of respect btw. I'm not bashing... It really is the truth.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

LOL...

If he built his car to 1200whp to beat you, you'd have a point.
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    It's been at the drag strip with both the A6 and R6 hoosiers, but they are 19's and won't hook to save their life. The problem is, we're drag racing a road car. The suspension is aligned and set up for cornering so even with the 345 DR's we're not really getting anywhere. I think Chris's best 60' is like a 1.55 but once it came into boost in 2nd it would just haze the tires. We need smaller brakes in the rear, a 15inch wheel and slicks IMO if we want to run the times that the car is capable of.
    Okay, since you guys know this, whats the problem. This is nothing new. We have been hearing this over and over and over again. You guys are a great company and I'm sure resources are not hard to get for you guys. Enough talking about it already and just do it. One track set up HPF is not going to hurt the shops finances!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

LOL...

Give it a rest.

You act like they are creating new offerings to challenge you. Do you really think their business model revolves around you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Okay, since you guys know this, whats the problem. This is nothing new. We have been hearing this over and over and over again. You guys are a great company and I'm sure resources are not hard to get for you guys. Enough talking about it already and just do it. One track set up HPF is not going to hurt the shops finances!!!
    You are telling them to build a drag car to satisfy.... you? Who are you and who cares?

Let them make their stage 5 and buy it if you want to and then you can go off on a quest for the best ET if you like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Very well said Sticky. People are so obsessed to see these cars run faster at the strip. The thing is - they are not setup to run at the strip, they are setup for a race track. Like Sticky said, whoever wants to see these monstrous cars run faster at the strip, go ahead and buy one of their kits, then you can do whatever the $#@! you like with it, and that's that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Road racing these cars is significantly more fun AND CHEAPER than drag racing them. Regardless I'll be dragging mine into the 10's kicking and screaming. Then I'll probably stick to road racing as going 9's in these cars would take an absurd amount of trial and error.. costly trial and error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are telling them to build a drag car to satisfy.... you? Who are you and who cares?

Let them make their stage 5 and buy it if you want to and then you can go off on a quest for the best ET if you like.
    Really, I don't give 2 sh*ts.. My whole point was, they seem to have the answer to the 10 second issue, and have been repeating it for a while now...... So instead of repeating the same old story 10 thousand times, just make the adjustments and put those numbers down. Because they seem to be somewhat interested in 1/4 since they do go to the strip. And who said anything about looking for a "best ET".. I guess that was sarcasm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Really, I don't give 2 sh*ts.. My whole point was, they seem to have the answer to the 10 second issue, and have been repeating it for a while now...... So instead of repeating the same old story 10 thousand times, just make the adjustments and put those numbers down. Because they seem to be somewhat interested in 1/4 since they do go to the strip. And who said anything about looking for a "best ET".. I guess that was sarcasm.
    They have the answer. What they said is what is suggested to get quicker. This is Stage 5 not Stage 10 second ET. We all know the variables in getting a good ET and how many there are. This is a power package that will be advertised to produce a number in a certain range. You do what you want with that. There is no time guarantee.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Road racing these cars is significantly more fun AND CHEAPER than drag racing them. Regardless I'll be dragging mine into the 10's kicking and screaming. Then I'll probably stick to road racing as going 9's in these cars would take an absurd amount of trial and error.. costly trial and error.
    I did a road race 2 weeks ago, it was my first one and damn was it fun!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Getting close. The intake and air filter are completed. We've increased the piping size and filter size considerably. The downpipe is being built now out of the pipe in the picture below. The exhaust housing outlet of the 8285 turbo is so much larger than the Precision 76. Injector Dynamics Injectors are getting dropped in. These injectors allow for a rock solid idle and flow 3000cc at 85psi fuel pressure. The impressive thing is they can run 130psi fuel pressure and there's no need to a separate injector driver box. Click here to enlarge
    Here are some pics I snapped with my iPhone today.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    STAGE 1 M3 TURBO KIT SALE - $13,500!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

3000cc injectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks for the injector data! Are they E85 compatible? I've been looking for some for a E85 or Methanol build on my Z. Wish I was working there, looks fun!

Oh yeah, are you guys running the stock oil pump? Staying with factory valve-train/headwork or has that been changed already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the injector data! Are they E85 compatible? I've been looking for some for a E85 or Methanol build on my Z. Wish I was working there, looks fun!

?
    Yes they are E85 compatible, its actually one of the most used E85 injector out there....The Id2000's and the FIC2150's are used a lot...
    Last edited by gringotegra; 10-15-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats, good to see power increase.

Chris, do you have traction problems with the 345 Hoosiers and the Wing?

The wing should be making downforce and the 345 tires should be hooking.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge

The wing should be making downforce .
    hahaha....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Well I've got no dog in this hunt but I'd love to know what road course they plan on using 1200rwp on? The truth is that when you make that much power drag is the only outlet for it. You guys can get a proper drag setup back there for probably less than 5k I don't know why anyone would waste all that money making power without being able to put it on the ground. With that being said 1200rwhp is badass and HPF is a badass company and I wish they offered products for my engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

As for the ID2000's I dare anyone to buy a set and test them vs regular Bosch 2225cc injectors and tell me what the flow differences are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    As for the ID2000's I dare anyone to buy a set and test them vs regular Bosch 2225cc injectors and tell me what the flow differences are.
    they are the same injector Click here to enlarge

FIC and ID both use the same Bosch injector...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

they are the same injector Click here to enlarge

FIC and ID both use the same Bosch injector...
    That's my point. However if you ask ID why the huge difference in price they give you a line about the changes they make and how much more consistent they are. I actually have seen several sets of both flow tested at lots of different pressures and they are identical. They stamp ID on the bosch's and market the $#@! out of them and jack up the price 50% lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast