Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I love how people on e90 say its a fast track now. Does any one realize that I've been to all the tracks around here and ran the same times on the same setups. Lol

Hell I went 12.6 at 111-112 on stage one at atco just a couple months ago. No one said I was a fast track then.

But say it is a fast track how do people account for the fbo auto procede meth car trapping the same mph as me. Driver nailed a 1.8 so he got off the line good for street tires but still didn't out trap a pump gas car. After yesterday I am fairly confident that my car wi be 120 plus on meth/race gas...and its never been close before not matter what tune.
    There will always be speculators, I say $#@!'em!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man is be curious to see an auto gutted 135 on drag radial show up and run this map. Assuming a 1.6 hell of a launch and 200lbs lighter since I'm 6'6 250, I see now reason that car wouldn't go 11.8s at 119 if not more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I noticed the thread on the other forum but you don't have any posts in it. Banned again?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryatBMS Click here to enlarge
    I noticed the thread on the other forum but you don't have any posts in it. Banned again?
    Not banned I got an infraction the day everyone attacked shift except me. Then he posted his aggressive dyno maps which mimiced the Cobb curve and dropped 6 degrees and I called him out on it cause he kept going in my threads and preaching less boost more timing is the way to go....then he goes less timing more boost and I get in trouble. So scant post there tillage 24th or somewhere around there. The guy is a low life. Takes way to Mich credit and makes everything more complicated then it has to be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They banned me in 2007 for arguing with him and threatening to release a product for $99 that would produce similar gains to his then $1295 golden chariot. Just start Laloosh motorwerks and take over whatever parts of his business are left. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maui86 Click here to enlarge
    118 on pump is freak'n damn impressive! with meth, you'll be easily over 120mph! what is the weather/DA there?
    according to drag times the DA was between 100 and 500 depending on what time the runs were
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryatBMS Click here to enlarge
    They banned me in 2007 for arguing with him and threatening to release a product for $99 that would produce similar gains to his then $1295 golden chariot. Just start Laloosh motorwerks and take over whatever parts of his business are left. Click here to enlarge
    Btwn u and Cobb there wont be much left lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Laloosh you doing this on RFT's?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how people on e90 say its a fast track now. Does any one realize that I've been to all the tracks around here and ran the same times on the same setups. Lol

Hell I went 12.6 at 111-112 on stage one at atco just a couple months ago. No one said I was a fast track then.

But say it is a fast track how do people account for the fbo auto procede meth car trapping the same mph as me. Driver nailed a 1.8 so he got off the line good for street tires but still didn't out trap a pump gas car. After yesterday I am fairly confident that my car wi be 120 plus on meth/race gas...and its never been close before not matter what tune.
    lol, i was gonna say the same thing.. stock turbo, we couldnt break 115mph on 18psi race/meth.. now its "fast"

sure, some conditions are better some days than other, but its nowhere near a "fast" track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey LostMarine,
    Are you going to MIR on Friday for the private day?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Laloosh you doing this on RFT's?
    No this was done on my 265/35/18 Nitto NT-05 street tires. Its more a road racing tire with a stiff sidewall, not very cold friendly if you ask me. On stage 1 in hotter temps these things dead hooked for a street tire and I hit a bunch of low 1.9s, last night, not so much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you want another 1/2mph and better traction run 17" Kosei K1s all around with 245/45 Nitto 555Rs out back. Awesome street/strip tire. They only last 10k miles or so but the traction makes it worth it.

Don't look half bad either for a cheap rim option. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-05-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've had k1's on my car before, sold them to LM a long time ago. they came witht 275 BFG drag radials and didnt fit worth a damn even with rolled fenders and stock suspension. I tried them once at the track and nailed a 1.7x rubbing hard off the line and I thought i lost a fender on the 1-2 shift. Not a fan of the look either, plus im not much of an ET kinda guy, more about trap speed. PLus i am lowered on coilover now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've had k1's on my car before, sold them to LM a long time ago. they came witht 275 BFG drag radials and didnt fit worth a damn even with rolled fenders and stock suspension. I tried them once at the track and nailed a 1.7x rubbing hard off the line and I thought i lost a fender on the 1-2 shift. Not a fan of the look either, plus im not much of an ET kinda guy, more about trap speed. PLus i am lowered on coilover now.
    HAHA I actually bought those from LM and achieved a few 1.6x's and a bunch of 1.7x's. Just sold them to their 4th owner last week Click here to enlarge
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
    HAHA I actually bought those from LM and achieved a few 1.6x's and a bunch of 1.7x's. Just sold them to their 4th owner last week Click here to enlarge
    When are you getting another car? We need you back and running at MIR. Private track day is Friday. gonna be ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The reason nobody said ATCO was fast a couple months ago is due to the weather. ATCO is a fast track especially once temps start dropping.

Secondly, that trap is higher due to the 60 foot. With a 1.8 that trap won't be replicated but the ET will be better.

Additionally, a lot of people are just accepting this was pump gas and likely it was but always good to question fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loaded up "Stage2" DP+FMIC aggressive maps for some additional logs. Don't have downpipes or an aftermarket FMIC on the car so I just told the JB4 to turn on meth under heavy throttle but not to add any boost or change the tuning. With a 16psi target and 8 degrees of advance at around 6000rpm this mapping is pretty aggressive for pump gas. Click here to enlarge For comparison JB4 map 2 targets 14psi @ 6000rpm and around 10-12 degrees of advance.

If time permits I'll install downpipes this weekend and redyno Stage2 vs. JB4 map 2 next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Hey LostMarine,
    Are you going to MIR on Friday for the private day?
    i wish.. prior engagements . i hadnt planned on being back to work until november Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The reason nobody said ATCO was fast a couple months ago is due to the weather. ATCO is a fast track especially once temps start dropping.

Secondly, that trap is higher due to the 60 foot. With a 1.8 that trap won't be replicated but the ET will be better.

Additionally, a lot of people are just accepting this was pump gas and likely it was but always good to question fuel.
    The trap is not higher due to the 60 foot. I can show mulitple slips from my car, the best trap speed always comes with the best 60 foot time. Hotrod just did a whole test on this and his results are the same, trap speed actually went down. Ive had this debate a long long time ago on another forum, spinning does not increase trap speed. People confuse hooking up with bogging, bogging RUINS your trap speed. Half the time people bog and don't even realize it. If you dead hook with a 1.6 and rip throught he first two gears, your trap speed will not be slower than if you light them up and run a 2.1

You guys can question fuel all you want. I should have had helix and the other e90 memebers take a picture of my gas guage. Doubtul im gonna fill up 3/4 quater tank with race gas to do 5 runs while im away on business. I will post all the logs friday night as thats when I will be able to upload them from the ap

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry

I actually hit more timing, I have logs of stage 2 showing 12 degrees on pump gas. Boost is inaccurate, but its good to know its running 16psi at 6k. Btw your logs, just like stage 1, look like complete crap compared to my car.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Last year we all went to ATCO on closing day, december 6th if I recall. Lost Marine ran 122 traps full weight on upgraded turbos 18-19 psi race/meth. Temps were in the 40s.....still a fast track?

I went 117 full weight at 19psi race/meth and had the fastest stock trubo trap speed that day.
    The only "fast track" is cecil county, and my bmw has never been there although I want to lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought these looked OK. At least, didn't have that DME boost target oscillation I saw in the other ones. The spool up timing drop in these might be DTC related. I'll have to log it more later. Really curious how it stacks up against an off the shelf map 2. Also if boost is at 16psi with 70 degree IAT what is it programmed for with 140 degree IAT? May alter the IAT manually using a pot just to see.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry

Stage 2 has around a 1psi range in certain rpm windown to adjust boost. Last night on run 5 i turned on the meth and ran slower, max boost was 17.1psi most likely hit in second gear. Post shift my car run 16-15 if that. Timing goes form 3-12. On your logs, timing took a dump post shift, assuming you are on the most recent software version, cobb will have something to fix that soon as they already know what causes it, and its not knock.

LIke I said I logged cobb in single gear pulls mostly to do that stupid virtual dyno thing. These logs will reveal alot in regards to how the car is running, but the results look promissing.

1st run was 116.9
    2nd run was 117.4
    3rd run was 117.7
    4th run, wheel hop 117.2
    5th run meth, 117.1

Temps were 65 falling to 57 by the last run. My IAts at the line were always over 90 degrees. The 4th and 5th run the car was idled due to sitting for 90 min btwn runs. Oil temps were floored below 160 and I was the first car in line so i let it idle for 10 min to get them up to 180-190 before going, so Iats might have even been higher on run 4-5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,

I emailed BMS a week or so ago and you replied that you were getting your Cobb soon to test...looks like you've received it and done some testing. Do you have any plans to make some more aggressive pump gas maps and more aggressive meth maps? Very interested. Thought about getting a cobb and stacking my JB4 on top for meth.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No offense to terry, but with what cobb has coming out, piggy's will not be able to replicate. There a couple things behind the forums that are in the works, I'll let them post about it once testing is done. People are going to scratch their heads once they see the timing/boost curves lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast