Close

Thread: JB4 Cobb logs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool JB4 Cobb logs

Hey guys,

We've had a lot of customers asking if we'll make a WW meth kit that can be used with flash tunes like Cobb. Of course, the best thing to do is to just run the JB4 with our existing kit. Click here to enlarge But enough people have asked that we'll be spending some time on it.

I loaded Cobb up on our DCI only 135i and the good news is the JB4 and Cobb play very nicely together. The one caveat is they both use the x6F1 diagnostic port so the JB4 has to be set to map 0 before using the Cobb handheld device for anything. In the future there is no reason we can't switch the JB4 over to x6F2 to allow full simultaneous use.

Nothing too exciting here in the initial logs except there seems to be some sort of bug in the Cobb 3.0 maps I loaded. For some reason the DME is changing around its boost target +-2psi erratically causing a noticeable oscillation. Probably just a mapping bug. Boost on the Stage1 aggressive map seems to be around 14.5psi tapering to 12psi, very similar to our Map 2, only they hold advance lower. AFR looked pretty similar too above 4500rpm. It will be interesting to compare on the dyno against our map 1 with higher advance. I also noticed they run the stock fuel pressure curve.

We will toy around with this as time permits and add to the post as more data and info on a flash BMS WW meth kit becomes available. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds awesome. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno wtf is going with your car, but it is def not working right based on those logs. Why you even think this a mapping "bug" is beyond me lol. Something is wrong, and it aint the map cause no1 has reported logs that looks anywhere near as horrible as those.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I dunno wtf is going with your car, but it is def not working right based on those logs. Why you even think this a mapping "bug" is beyond me lol. Something is wrong, and it aint the map cause no1 has reported logs that looks anywhere near as horrible as those.
    At the moment you know as much or more about this Cobb product than I do. So let me know what you think the problem is.

The reason I say it's a mapping bug is the DME boost target parameter is moving erratically. I can't think of any external source that could cause that other than a corrupt or maladjusted load related table. The map loaded in those logs is "Stg1 Sport IJEOS v301".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on very weird logs, I've never seen any COBB logs that look anything like that. Maybe get in touch with COBB?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loaded up the "Drive" maps this morning and did a few more logs. Seems a bit better although boost is only ~11.5psi on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images