Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How many JB4s are there?

I guess this question goes to Terry, but I'm just curious as to how many JB4 tunes are out there right now. If this is offensive or something don't answer, I'm just curious, that's it. Just posting a topic to start some chit chat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would say more than the procede since it is a cheaper alternative but recently, I'm not sure since there are so many other tunes out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not offensive, sales numbers have been provided a few times as I recall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    With the JB4s just going by how many we've manufactured around 4000. There were around 5000 JB3s sold IIRC and maybe 1500 of those JB4 sales are upgrade kits rather than full units. Anyway, around 4000 JB4s at the moment out in use. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I appreciate the response. 4000 is a pretty good number for something that really isn't advertised. I'm a proud owner myself, and now I'm wondering how many of the owners post on forums? it must be close to 100% of them, since I can't figure out how someone would know about BMS without forums. Well, have a good night, I'm going to drink these beers and cruise the forums!
    Last edited by Ryan Mills; 10-01-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: I'm just a tad drunk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not offensive, sales numbers have been provided a few times as I recall.
    I've seen some of the number before, but I'm lazy and curious as the number to date.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate the response. 4000 is a pretty good number for something that really isn't advertised. I'm a proud owner myself, and now I'm wondering how many of the owners post on forums? it must be close to 100% of them, since I can't figure out how someone would know about BMS without forums. Well, have a good night, I'm going to drink these beers and cruise the forums!
    We actually advertise quite a bit. A few print ads, various online sources, etc, and many of our dealers in various countries advertise through various sources. I'd say these days only 40% of our business is from customers who touch enthusiast forums. But when we started it was probably 100%! Forums are a great and inexpensive way to reach a lot of customers quickly. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Forums are a great and inexpensive way to reach a lot of customers quickly.
    Sounds like vendor fees need to go up.

That was a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like vendor fees need to go up.

That was a joke.
    HAHA
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry do you sell to the asian market or have dealers there? I think with the new turbo 4cyl being more affordable/rise of chinese bmw sales there might be a big market for tunes there soon and it might be rewarding to spread your name now via JB4 over there. Support emails might be interesting(entertaining) though.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scott_uw Click here to enlarge
    Terry do you sell to the asian market or have dealers there? I think with the new turbo 4cyl being more affordable/rise of chinese bmw sales there might be a big market for tunes there soon and it might be rewarding to spread your name now via JB4 over there. Support emails might be interesting(entertaining) though.. Click here to enlarge
    Yes, we have dealers in all the major Asian markets. Including Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. The new N2O motor is going to be very popular and hopefully we can get a lot of extra horsepower out of it for you guys. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yes, we have dealers in all the major Asian markets. Including Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. The new N2O motor is going to be very popular and hopefully we can get a lot of extra horsepower out of it for you guys. Click here to enlarge
    Please send me an e-mail when you get a chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry if you tune the N20 I may just get one for my next car if I dont find a low miles 2008 M5.

Also, I think there are about 10,000 juiceboxes out there total if i remember correctly. Shiv and T had a discussion about this and T promptly $#@! smacked him after he asked for a third party to audit sales of units and shiv backed down. There are a lot more JBX's out there.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive met about 5-6 JB users who are not on the forums.
    conversely, every proceeder ive met is on the forums.
    results and word-of-mouth from friends over propoganda FTW Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Terry if you tune the N20 I may just get one for my next car if I dont find a low miles 2008 M5.

Also, I think there are about 10,000 juiceboxes out there total if i remember correctly. Shiv and T had a discussion about this and T promptly $#@! smacked him after he asked for a third party to audit sales of units and shiv backed down. There are a lot more JBX's out there.
    If you start counting JB+, PBX, JB1, JB2, etc, sales over the years I'm sure we've tuned a lot more than 10,000 cars. Click here to enlarge But those numbers don't really mean anything. We try to make every customer as happy as possible. I only bring it up when asked or when someone like Shiv tries to claim he is more experienced with the cars, etc.