Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

HPF disable DSC video

I don't really understand this though, as it is not this complicated to turn off DSC from my experience when I had the M3. Just a single push of the button did it and that is all it took:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for my car its a single click turns off DTC... a 3-5 second hold turns DTC and DSC off. even on a track, with an LSD, DTC off is more than enough. ive had DSC off and it scares me, i kind of like having a nanny to watch my rear end from pulling past my nose Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't really understand this though, as it is not this complicated to turn off DSC from my experience when I had the M3. Just a single push of the button did it and that is all it took:
    well really its not that hard to turn off the DSC, a single push will disable it. what the problem is , is that with the power our cars make the DSC has a fail safe built in that will re-enable it even when its off when the car senses that it is SEVERELY overpowered. so if you do it this way, it completely disables DSC and it will not re-enable for any reason whatsoever until the key is cycled again.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    well really its not that hard to turn off the DSC, a single push will disable it. what the problem is , is that with the power our cars make the DSC has a fail safe built in that will re-enable it even when its off when the car senses that it is SEVERELY overpowered. so if you do it this way, it completely disables DSC and it will not re-enable for any reason whatsoever until the key is cycled again.
    Thats odd, my car has never had that issue before.. I hope my car isnt underpowered. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, I did not realize it did that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What? There is a failsafe DSC?? Was this only in the E46 m3 or is it also in others?

Wow. Did not know that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    What? There is a failsafe DSC?? Was this only in the E46 m3 or is it also in others?

Wow. Did not know that.

that may be the wrong term for it but it does come back on unless you completely disable it. in my case, it has never done it on a straight shot when tires break loose, but on the track in the corners it will re-enable if your realllly pushing it. Chris stated in the video that he believes it could have something to do with the wheel/tire size setup as well ( different than OEM rotational dimension).

Taza......your car is underpowered dude, you need a larger resistor....lol........seriously though, have you ever tracked on a road course where you were really pushing the car on the turns?if you havent maybe thats why it hasnt happened to you, if you have maybe it varies across the model years? something to do with the 2004+, they addressed other issues with those cars so maybe it has something to do with that, mine is a 2003. Not sure about the HPF car but it was kicking Chris back into DSC cut at Mfest.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Taza......your car is underpowered dude, you need a larger resistor....lol........seriously though, have you ever tracked on a road course where you were really pushing the car on the turns?if you havent maybe thats why it hasnt happened to you, if you have maybe it varies across the model years? something to do with the 2004+, they addressed other issues with those cars so maybe it has something to do with that, mine is a 2003. Not sure about the HPF car but it was kicking Chris back into DSC cut at Mfest.
    lol Ive never tracked it with the turbo so no idea there. Ive only tracked it with about 500whp with no issues. On straight line ive put over 900whp to ground (not efficiently lol) and never had dsc issues. Chris also has some super crazy wide wheels in the back maybe that has something to do with it. But for straight line i dont think this is an issue like Chris was stating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it might have to do with the wheels/tires...