Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Sure, Its with a friend in Montery right now though. But if I can get it back here in time sure you can borrow it.

I believe so. Its compatible with a pretty long list of ECU's.
    you skate marcus. i just realized what your BB handle is lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    you skate marcus. i just realized what your BB handle is lol
    I first started going by ZooyorQ (online that is) about 15 years ago back when BBS's were popular.. well before the 'internet' was really used by regular consumers. Back then i skated and snowboarded for years and wasn't to shabby at either.. then I got old (i just turned 30 this year) and no longer skate but I do occasionally snowboard. Click here to enlarge

DL2 vs VBOX3

http://www.race-technology.com/uploa...uality%206.pdf

Read page 8-10 to understand the differences in accuracy as it applys to speed. Speed on a GPS at a constant rate can fluxuate , this is amplified under HEAVY acceleration or braking and error margins can be as high as 20%!

The system I use (DL1) is very similar to the DL2 but has a few less bells n whistles.

So my cars reading will be more accurate.. whether it will be better or worse than a VBOX reading is yet to be determined. I will test both at the same time though and we'll see.

----

This comparison won't be for a while as my car is being trailer to HPF on Friday to have the throw out bearing/fork replaced.. and maybe I'll put a cage in it and some Pole Positions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I believe so. Its compatible with a pretty long list of ECU's.
    For the record, I have not been happy with the DL1. We looked at selling it a few years ago and find it cumbersome and lacking in features compared to the AIM loggers in the same pricerange. After using DL1s for 2 seasons, Eric Buell racing in AMA Superbike switched to the AIM systems last season. The 100Hz logging rates of their DL1 is just too low. We had another customer for which we needed to do a CAN setup; it was more complex than it needed to be and the support just wasn't there.

Read page 8-10 to understand the differences in accuracy as it applys to speed. Speed on a GPS at a constant rate can fluxuate , this is amplified under HEAVY acceleration or braking and error margins can be as high as 20%!

The system I use (DL1) is very similar to the DL2 but has a few less bells n whistles.

So my cars reading will be more accurate.. whether it will be better or worse than a VBOX reading is yet to be determined. I will test both at the same time though and we'll see.
    This is interesting, but not revolutionary. Most competitive GPS systems are accelerometer corrected. We've had extensive experience evaluating GET, AIM & MOTEC systems over the years.

I am interested in the newer Race Technologies systems; based on the spec sheets they are a notable improvement. I'll be talking to them at PRI this year.

-neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    For the record, I have not been happy with the DL1. We looked at selling it a few years ago and find it cumbersome and lacking in features compared to the AIM loggers in the same pricerange. After using DL1s for 2 seasons, Eric Buell racing in AMA Superbike switched to the AIM systems last season. The 100Hz logging rates of their DL1 is just too low. We had another customer for which we needed to do a CAN setup; it was more complex than it needed to be and the support just wasn't there.

This is interesting, but not revolutionary. Most competitive GPS systems are accelerometer corrected. We've had extensive experience evaluating GET, AIM & MOTEC systems over the years.

I am interested in the newer Race Technologies systems; based on the spec sheets they are a notable improvement. I'll be talking to them at PRI this year.

-neel
    Keep me posted, I'm running the DL1 MK3 and a Dash4.. both brand new from them. While YES their software is incredibly cumbersome and difficult (more so than it should be) it does probably suit my needs well. Unfortunately I don't think AIM is compatible with ProEFI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Unfortunately I don't think AIM is compatible with ProEFI.
    We could get a template that would make the AIM ProEFI compatible in less than a week if they'll give me their datastream info.

-Neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    We could get a template that would make the AIM ProEFI compatible in less than a week if they'll give me their datastream info.

-Neel
    Does AIM have anything that would allow me to write a performance application/script such as 60-130 that can be activated from their XL Display or something similar? Thats what I'm trying to do now with the Dash4/DL1.

I don't know what Jason's relationship is with Race Technology or if its an exclusive relationship and being I've already invested in the DL1/Dash4 I'll probably spend some time with it first before deciding to switch to something new.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4.34secs?! Thats movin!
    You have a pic of the V-Box run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _AMG_ Click here to enlarge
    4.34secs?! Thats movin!
    You have a pic of the V-Box run?
    LOL dude, for the graph below some people busted their butts in the last 10 years. Now you think with just asking once, he will give you the graph? Click here to enlarge i kid
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    MERT IS SUPER DUPER FAST!
    Anyways, anyone spotted this quote in 60-130 section? awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Does AIM have anything that would allow me to write a performance application/script such as 60-130 that can be activated from their XL Display or something similar? Thats what I'm trying to do now with the Dash4/DL1.
    You can simply look at this in the data. I think the new AIM solo has a 60-130 mode.
    I don't know what Jason's relationship is with Race Technology or if its an exclusive relationship and being I've already invested in the DL1/Dash4 I'll probably spend some time with it first before deciding to switch to something new.
    I don't know but I've been trying to get in touch with Jason for months now. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem interested in discussing any sort of collaboration. Even if they have some sort of exclusive it would be simple to make the data stream work with a whole range of other products.

-Neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

You can simply look at this in the data. I think the new AIM solo has a 60-130 mode.

I don't know but I've been trying to get in touch with Jason for months now. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem interested in discussing any sort of collaboration. Even if they have some sort of exclusive it would be simple to make the data stream work with a whole range of other products.

-Neel
    Options are always a plus in my book.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Options are always a plus in my book.
    I'm working on getting a system from Jason now. If it works out, we'll see what we can do about their datastreams.

Kind Regards,

neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting but what are you basing that on?
    This is good that someone brought this up... Using good old kinematics equations (vFinal = vInitial + (a*t)) - we can plug in for 1g and our times:

For v (final) I get 58.1152 m/s (130 mph)
    For v (initial) I get 26.8224 m/s (60 mph)
    So, for a 1g pull:
    58.1152 m/s ~= 26.8224 m/s + (9.81m/s/s [1g] * 4.34s)
    on the right side of the equation, we get 69.3978 m/s

So, this seems about right... If he is pulling a little less than 1g, it would decrease our 70 m/s - and get us closer to 60 m/s... .8 (on average) would seem like it would do the trick.

In a perfect world of course... Not saying this car is doing this - just saying based on what he has provided, it might add up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This is good that someone brought this up... Using good old kinematics equations (vFinal = vInitial + (a*t)) - we can plug in for 1g and our times:

For v (final) I get 58.1152 m/s (130 mph)
    For v (initial) I get 26.8224 m/s (60 mph)
    So, for a 1g pull:
    58.1152 m/s ~= 26.8224 m/s + (9.81m/s/s [1g] * 4.34s)
    on the right side of the equation, we get 69.3978 m/s

So, this seems about right... If he is pulling a little less than 1g, it would decrease our 70 m/s - and get us closer to 60 m/s... .8 (on average) would seem like it would do the trick.

In a perfect world of course... Not saying this car is doing this - just saying based on what he has provided, it might add up.
    Right, and thats with a static G. If we were to calculate that based on ramp up to 1g the number would be much higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Right, and thats with a static G. If we were to calculate that based on ramp up to 1g the number would be much higher.
    That's kind of what I meant... Right now - at 1g, he would be going well over 130 mph (about 156 mph) if he were pulling 1g (static). The point was he needs to pull less than 1g to get to 130 in 4.34s...

If he were to average exactly 8/10 of a g, he would be almost exactly at 130. Looking at the video, that seems about right - that's what I meant. Even if he rolled on - or was at a constant 1g (unless spikes were going over) - this is the best case scenario. Again, real world is not the same, but things seem to be about right.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    That's kind of what I meant... Right now - at 1g, he would be going well over 130 mph (about 156 mph) if he were pulling 1g (static). The point was he needs to pull less than 1g to get to 130 in 4.34s...

If he were to average exactly 8/10 of a g, he would be almost exactly at 130. Looking at the video, that seems about right - that's what I meant. Even if he rolled on - or was at a constant 1g (unless spikes were going over) - this is the best case scenario. Again, real world is not the same, but things seem to be about right.

Cheers.
    Ahhh, I can't wait to get my car back and do some more data logging.. I think on street tires and low boost I was hitting about .6-.7 g's but had multiple shifts.. I bet if you rolled on from like 40mph in 4th and didn't shift you might be making boost by the time you hit 60 and could ride it out to 130.. but I know I'd blow the tires off ($#@!ting street tires) at anything more than 19lb-20lbs in 40th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ahhh, I can't wait to get my car back and do some more data logging.. I think on street tires and low boost I was hitting about .6-.7 g's but had multiple shifts.. I bet if you rolled on from like 40mph in 4th and didn't shift you might be making boost by the time you hit 60 and could ride it out to 130.. but I know I'd blow the tires off ($#@!ting street tires) at anything more than 19lb-20lbs in 40th.
    when you getting the clutch done?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

youtube.com/watch?v=penQeAX9IPo
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    youtube.com/watch?v=penQeAX9IPo
    you still dont know how to pan to the vbox? i can go video myself driving in my car and type in that i ran 60-130 in 1.5 seconds.........doesnt make it true.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    you still dont know how to pan to the vbox? i can go video myself driving in my car and type in that i ran 60-130 in 1.5 seconds.........doesnt make it true.
    Yes it does. Stop jealousing him OKAY.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    when you getting the clutch done?
    HPF removed the tranny late last week, flywheel and clutch fused together. They're putting in a new clutch this week then its off to the fabricator for the new 14pt cage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

You're getting better at filming mert.. but you're still missing the shot of the vbox after the run.. I'm still amazed at your ability to get traction in these cars when noone else seems to be able to. Do you have any sort of traction control?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes it does. Stop jealousing him OKAY.
    saw on the news where mert was doing some testing.................the news thought it was an earthquake but we know it was just mert jealousing HPF and flying around making fake 60-130 vids
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123