Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

HPF Exhaust Mani Pics/Discussion

hey guys, saw this over on e90 so i thought i'd bring 'um on over. hope chris doesn't get angry or had a new thread planned for these pics with info...

We are finishing up the turbo manifold right now. The pictures below were taken a week ago. The head flange is quite complicated with how the turbo manifold seals to the head, but it is also quite ingenious. There are two ports leaving the collector to the wastegate which is a Tial 44mm VBand to ensure boost control is easily maintained. This turbo manifold fits all Precision T4 Performance turbos from a 67 to a 76. We will sell them separately for those that want to build their own custom turbo kit, but will also sell all the hardware to complete the turbo system.

Chris.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its been a long standing rumor that HPF and Shiv teamed up, shiv flown out a few times ect.. so it make me wonder why the shiv is claiming to be spear heading a single turbo upgrade, if its actually HPF..

either way, id say i cant wait to see results, but i know the price tag could pay for my next car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pay to play. I'd switch to a M car then boost. Call/text me when your free. Vbox runs!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very Exciting!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow finally some tangible progress...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why Shiv? Id rather see someone like OE Tuning flash it...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, that mani doesnt looks too hot. Why not just make and equal lenght manifold (short) create an 4 inch up pip and mount he turbo that way?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not feeling the manifold either, but I suppose space is an issue and any routing is probably "good enough" to make 600rw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That manifold is built with a very small space in mind..it looks very nice actually. Its not equal length but niether is HPFs other manifolds, and look how much hp they make..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty cool, we got some more info now... So it looks like this can top the rb turbo's in hp, but how will they give the fuel for it?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it looks half assed. It'll have bad get disparity and cylinders experiencing different heat loads. I think they could have done better with a cnc or cast setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    I think it looks half assed. It'll have bad get disparity and cylinders experiencing different heat loads. I think they could have done better with a cnc or cast setup.
    I'd rather see a cast log manifold than a tubular with grossly uneven runners but in the end it may not matter much. As long as they can work out the tuning and fueling it should make some power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There aren't any normal tuners out ? what happened to all of them ? is shiv the only hero ? he hasn't had one car running right, this is $#@!ing bull$#@!, why cant we just tune it like everyone else does, goes to tuners that use software and tune to the specific mods etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    There aren't any normal tuners out ? what happened to all of them ? is shiv the only hero ? he hasn't had one car running right, this is $#@!ing bull$#@!, why cant we just tune it like everyone else does, goes to tuners that use software and tune to the specific mods etc
    Maybe hpf will release a kit without a tune and terry can make one!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We will see. There is an awful lot of bashers on this so far, but I think its shaping up quite nicely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so this is supposed to be the ultimate 1000 whp N54? and Shiv is gonna be the tuner? huh

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Where !re people getting that shiv is going to tune it from? I mean hpf isn't exactly the brightest company but they would be flat out retarded to go with a piggyback system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The manifold of Unfor alias ScrotieMcBoogerBalls looked better.The problem has been that right people with real talent haven't been tuning for the hardware upgrades. N54 would be best to leave alone with twins - upgraded or not - and N55 with big single, because staying with the original configuration - N54=twins; N55=single; avoids part of the trouble.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey I like it as long as a single setup of ANY kind comes out as worst case it'll pave way for more alternatives
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    The manifold of Unfor alias ScrotieMcBoogerBalls looked better.The problem has been that right people with real talent haven't been tuning for the hardware upgrades. N54 would be best to leave alone with twins - upgraded or not - and N55 with big single, because staying with the original configuration - N54=twins; N55=single; avoids part of the trouble.
    Yea it looked better because it wasn't real Click here to enlarge lol
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely a lot of the stories and it running and the times and slips were BS but actually I believe that the exhaust manifold pics were from a real fabricated exhaust manifold that moreover, was fitted in N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey Guys, not sure where you guys are getting the idea that we've had Shiv out here...but we haven't. Tuning is still up in the air, and to my knowledge we don't have any plans to "bring anyone in". Our team is more than capable of getting this car dialed in.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys, not sure where you guys are getting the idea that we've had Shiv out here...but we haven't. Tuning is still up in the air, and to my knowledge we don't have any plans to "bring anyone in". Our team is more than capable of getting this car dialed in.
    Fueling?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    finally something from reliable source. just make Shiv stay away from the car Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast