Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok amigos I am finally at home and have driven the car modified, my mechanic was utterly impressed since he left a 5 foot skid mark on the road when he test drove it, once he got out I asked him how did it feel? he stated DAMN it is fast!!! I then proceeded to go on the highway and let the BEAST out, WHOA was I thrilled in no time I was doing 120mph without hesitation. The car feels somewhat light and begs to be driven I spent a quarter of a tank before topping off, mind you I had half tank beforehand and the calcculations came to a 22mpg mostly city driving and my las quarter of DIESEL racing and driving smooth. I just filled her up and we'll do my testing under normal driving to see if the torque number help my mpg. I cant say enough Lenny @ RENNtech GRACIAS!!! Harmut finally remembered me after saying I know you but could not fix me in until I told him I was the Silver 02 MCS he had modified in 03. Anyway I will be posting dyno runs in next two weeks.

The reason 2 weeks I am awaiting the AMSOIL EA (dry) cone filter to add to the dyno run. Lenny advised me that in the future to add a bigger intercooler since the car will be running harder and I will gain a noticebale Torque and HP. He told me that EGTs are below 1500, any question call him at RENNtech since I am not to GIZMO inclined as to say what is what I know just enought to pass by, would I do it again in my car? HELL YEAH i would!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Ok amigos I am finally at home and have driven the car modified, my mechanic was utterly impressed since he left a 5 foot skid mark on the road when he test drove it, once he got out I asked him how did it feel? he stated DAMN it is fast!!! I then proceeded to go on the highway and let the BEAST out, WHOA was I thrilled in no time I was doing 120mph without hesitation. The car feels somewhat light and begs to be driven I spent a quarter of a tank before topping off, mind you I had half tank beforehand and the calcculations came to a 22mpg mostly city driving and my las quarter of DIESEL racing and driving smooth. I just filled her up and we'll do my testing under normal driving to see if the torque number help my mpg. I cant say enough Lenny @ RENNtech GRACIAS!!! Harmut finally remembered me after saying I know you but could not fix me in until I told him I was the Silver 02 MCS he had modified in 03. Anyway I will be posting dyno runs in next two weeks.

The reason 2 weeks I am awaiting the AMSOIL EA (dry) cone filter to add to the dyno run. Lenny advised me that in the future to add a bigger intercooler since the car will be running harder and I will gain a noticebale Torque and HP. He told me that EGTs are below 1500, any question call him at RENNtech since I am not to GIZMO inclined as to say what is what I know just enought to pass by, would I do it again in my car? HELL YEAH i would!!!
    Sounds like you are very happy.

I'm looking forward to your dyno runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok Amigos I did the DYNO runs last night and I got 300 whp vice the previous stock 230 whp, Sorry guys I could not get the torque numbers since the dyno guy did not have the tools to open the ECU etc etc, we did 4 runs but they started to fall after the second run the i pressed the car to hard and the $#@! went on SAFEMODE after the second run Click here to enlarge . I did have the AMSOIL EA filter but could not install it cause the Amsoil dealer ordered a 3" inlet vice 4" inlet, therefore it sucked, be aware that I will be doing another DYNO run at another place and this time damn it I will get the TORQUE numbers!!!! I will keep all of you posted!! ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PR 335d, thank you for sharing your information as you go through this process. It is very much appreciated.

I am getting more interested in the Renntech tune for a couple of reasons: living in ATL, I am (somewhat) within driving distance of their shop, so I could drive down to have the tune installed -and- it appears they write their own tunes, which appeals to me more than someone that simply installs a tune from elsewhere. I assume that Renntech is going to be more intimately familiar with the ins and outs of my ECU if they possess the capability of writing the tune, versus a shop that simply installs a tune written elsewhere. I guess what I mean is that I think Renntech will be more capable of supporting my application because of their capabilities, versus a shop that installed some coding equipment, and bought a tune elsewhere for install. What do you think? Could Renntech address my thought process, and either affirm it or shoot it down? LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @62Lincoln
    We had a fan mounted in front but Lenny had warned me of tripping the Safe mode he had advised me to come up easy and not try to floor it , which I did because of the NEED for Speed dilema. Anyway, I learned my lesson and wont do the next time around

Alos, talk to Lenny tell him what you need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Forgot to tell you guys the car WILL leave tire marks from a dead stop and Im using VMR710 19" wheels with 10.5 in rear!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the 8AT, that car would be screaming $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ditto @ maxnix, hey I not $#@!ing I love what I got anyway

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When is the new dyno taking place?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    @62Lincoln

Alos, talk to Lenny tell him what you need.
    Could you pm me with his contact info at Renntech? They are running a 10% off Holiday deal, and I'm thinking very hard about making a trip down there. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 62Lincoln Click here to enlarge
    Could you pm me with his contact info at Renntech? They are running a 10% off Holiday deal, and I'm thinking very hard about making a trip down there. Click here to enlarge
    Here you go, tell him Sticky sent you: PRD@renntechmercedes.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    remember talk to Lenny ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid? Hybrid? I don't need no stinking hybrid!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hybrid, what is that? LOL. Amigos Im going to order the Amsoil EAAU4091 air filter and instal later and put up dynos in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted
    Click here to enlarge
    Heres the link so that can see what its all about:

http://www.iceboxintakes.com/store/p...ber-air-filter
    Last edited by Puerto Rican 335d; 12-28-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid, what is that? LOL. Amigos Im going to order the Amsoil EAAU4091 air filter and instal later and put up dynos in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted
    Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious if you've done any research yet for an intercooler upgrade. It seems upgrading the i/c would go hand in hand with the Renntech tune. Thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true, BTW I got a message on the Fest or Boost from someone on the FMIC and cant seem to find it, once I get it I will post it ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

DavidV sent me a PM and this is what he sent me: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...duct=FMINT320D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DavidV sent me a PM and this is what he sent me: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...duct=FMINT320D
    That i/c is for the 4 cylinder engine, I wonder if it is adequate for our 6. Also, sent you a pm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amazing power
    Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO S3 8B38
    ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid, what is that? LOL. Amigos Im going to order the Amsoil EAAU4091 air filter and instal later and put up dynos in a few weeks.
    Good! Run with no filter, clean OEM filter, then new aftermarket. I bet there are no statistically significant differences.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No way Jose w/o filter, and i believe I might a couple of HP from the AMSOIL,but I have never tried it on a DIESEL, My 02 MCS had noticible gains although not confirm via DYNO, my mechanic even noticed it and felt it. We'll see what happens ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok amigos, I came to a conclusion I F"UP, with the dyno run, me NOT READING correctly ran my dyno with TRACTION Off instead of DSC OFF!!! Thats why I went into safe mode DUH!! Once I get the filter I will do a run with DSC OFF and OEM filter , then I'll do a run with the Amsoil Filter. Damn, how could of I missed this simple issue. F'me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok amigos, I came to a conclusion I F"UP, with the dyno run, me NOT READING correctly ran my dyno with TRACTION Off instead of DSC OFF!!! Thats why I went into safe mode DUH!! Once I get the filter I will do a run with DSC OFF and OEM filter , then I'll do a run with the Amsoil Filter. Damn, how could of I missed this simple issue. F'me
    No big deal, just do another run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    will do in a couple of weeks I am awaiting the AMSOIL filter this week, got the 1/2 mile run this weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amigos I got the AMSOIL filter and SOB is freaking large for the space I have to resend it back to Orlando to get replaced F'me again!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast