Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry no, been lazy/busy Click here to enlarge The car runs very good though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if I should do the seafoam first, since people can get that anywhere and it's cheap? I have to figure out a cheap and easy delivery method.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Seafoam is an old product. Even if it is said to be effective in many applications I doubt it comes near dedicated products from BG.

I used the BG ISC on the wifes Volvo a few days ago. It is a turbo and they are well known to have issues with the throttle body. The treatment didn't fixed the main problem, which is it is very difficult to start, weak and can stop when it wants. But this time I could see that the treatment was very effektive. The TB and the blade looked like new when I checked, no signs of carbon whatsover. It seems there may be another fault in the TB, the board which provides TPS information is cracked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge

- Today I conducted the last step, injected the other product that is dedicated for DI-engines, the BG Induction System Cleaner, directly in the Induction Pipe. I used an air compressor and a 20 buck fluid gun, which was connected to a N2O nozzle that I have on the IP. The fluid gun didn't work as it should when it was connected it to a CM10 nozzle. This caused to much back pressure so the air just entered the can and did not pump out fluid via the nozzle. The restriction in the #32 N2O nozzle is lower and this nozzle worked well. There is a nozzle included with the fluid gun, which I guess can be used, but the N2O nozzle is better since it directs the fluid downstream.

just one question. where did you get the fluid gun??? im having trouble finding one on the internet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The fluid gun is for rust protection treatment and I bought it here http://biltema.se/sv/Verktyg/Trycklu...tskyddsspruta/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had my intake ports cleaned a couple of weeks ago at 27,000 miles. Spoke to my mechanic and he advised every 25,000 as well as doing the plugs at the same interval. I do all routine maint. at half the BMW recommended intervals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    I used the BG ISC on the wifes Volvo a few days ago. It is a turbo and they are well known to have issues with the throttle body. The treatment didn't fixed the main problem, which is it is very difficult to start, weak and can stop when it wants. But this time I could see that the treatment was very effektive. The TB and the blade looked like new when I checked, no signs of carbon whatsover. It seems there may be another fault in the TB, the board which provides TPS information is cracked.
    Really OT by just some follow up info. The TB was replaced as a preventive action but the crack on the PC board didn't caused the running problem. After turning every stone under the hood; checked O2 sensor, MAF-sensor, fuel pressure, vacuum, opened the ECU and looked for bad solderings, cleaned the oil trap, checked injectors, coils, plugs, relays, checked for fault codes, ignition advance, replaced fuel filter etc. etc. I came to the conclusion; there is no fault with the engine even though it runs like $#@! Click here to enlarge

It showed up the pump at the gas station was faulty during a day a couple of weeks ago and the fuel contained 30% diesel Click here to enlarge This amount of diesel in fuel does not smell or look like diesel so it was almost impossible to discover. The car runs fine now and has got the tank cleaned and filled up. With a can of BG 44K as well, which even may be of real need this time Click here to enlarge The gas station owner will get a fat bill for the time I've spent on searching for the fault, parts and chemicals. About 1 grand in total.

The 300 sloppy Volvo horses are back in action Click here to enlarge

I'm so totally tired of Volvo at the moment (even it it it was a fuel fault) that the other Volvo turbo that is used for winter driving instead of the 335 will be discarded and I've now bought a X3 to replace it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12