Close

Thread: Porsche/Evo X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Porsche/Evo X

I wish I knew which one, but I never saw his back end...body style was definitely something newer. In looking, it's possible it was a Carrera 4 or a Cayman S....really couldn't get a good enough look at the back...wish I had.

Basically, I pulled up beside him at a stoplight, not expecting anything...I was actually on the way to get some gas. Light turns green, and over my music, I hear him gun it, so I figure what the hell....

I nail it (I happen to already be in M1, because I drive that way most of the time, anyway) and let the car do it's thing (I let it shift, I just kept the gas medal mashed). I heard him revving high and shifting through his gears, but he was never able to get ahead of me, even with his premature start. Got to the next light (it was red) and started to slow down, and I wanted to talk to him, but the light turned green and we both just left (as we were approaching).

The guy driving was probably in his late 30's/early 40's, and I'm certain he didn't expect what he got.

Second time was heading down the highway, with an Evo X (yes, X, not IX...I know the difference in the rear ends) that was in front of me that kept gassing it (man, that thing spits out some nasty $#@! from it's exhaust), so I bit. 4 lanes, we both shifted over (he moved to lane 2 and I into lane 1), and I was behind him. Kept on the gas as I shifted over to the open lane and walked him pretty easily. He ended up getting off the same exit I did and gave me a thumbs up when we stopped.

I'm not normally one to get into races, but with the car running exceptionally well lately, it's hard to resist.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool story, Hansel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Diesel torque helps from the stoplight. Big difference between a Cayman S and Carrera 4 though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know...like I said...was trying hard to figure out what he was driving, but didn't have much of a chance. All I know is that it didn't look old, but that really doesn't narrow it down.
    Click here to enlarge