Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    I remain unconvinced. When I tested the dci vs the stock box and stock filter the dci did worse. The mr. 5 intake is the only intake that I've seen an improvement from.

Dci vs stock:
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...take-with-logs

Stock vs mr. 5:
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...take-with-logs

And, oh god please let lostmarine come to MIR on the 7th. I'll pay for your race gas.
    Come on boom, link to your threads here on the subject.

Secondly, these results directly contradict your own. Two very different results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Terry, What do you think of open intakes for countries like Bahrain where the temps go up to 125f with 50-100% humidity? My customers always switch to panel filters for Summer and back to open intakes for autumn winter.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Sorry. I would edit it but can't seem to figure out how.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Come on boom, link to your threads here on the subject.

Secondly, these results directly contradict your own. Two very different results.
    The results show that the stock box with dirty oem filter slightly outperformed the freshly cleaned dci at the track. Conversely the mr. 5 intake showed lower iats and less timing drops with higher overall advance than the stock box with oem filter. Short version: mr. 5 > oem airbox > dci using Cobb stg 1. I freely admit that as boost increases, the dci will outperform the stock box. I think you'd have to run 25psi or more for the dci to outperform the mr. 5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The results show that the stock box with dirty oem filter slightly outperformed the freshly cleaned dci at the track. Conversely the mr. 5 intake showed lower iats and less timing drops with higher overall advance than the stock box with oem filter. Short version: mr. 5 > oem airbox > dci using Cobb stg 1. I freely admit that as boost increases, the dci will outperform the stock box. I think you'd have to run 25psi or more for the dci to outperform the mr. 5.
    I would like to test all 3, same time and same place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Sorry. I would edit it but can't seem to figure out how.
    Edited it for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Please define "outperformed" do you mean lower IAT's or are you judging from wastegate dutycycle?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

FWIW one of the products we tested was an aftermarket lid similar to the Dinan. I cut a hole in the top and while on the dyno used different fittings to determine how large the hole had to be to match DCI performance @ 17psi. If I recall correctly it was only around 1 7/8" - 2". The OEM box flows well just needs some help at higher boost levels at higher RPM. The higher the boost level the more of a problem it becomes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Idk I didn't really like my DCI when I had it and it got black super quick. However I remember when I had it you could hear the stock turbos sucking the air and stuff that was cool
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just put my DCI's back on but am using them in conjunction with an RPI Scoop and the stock air snorkel. The idea is to direct more airflow to the DCI cones, when in motion, to help keep the IAT down. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Under normal driving conditions, my charge pipe air temp has been about 13 degrees higher, on average, then ambient.
    2008 BMW 535iA | Cobb Stg2+ | FBO | Meth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12