Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

IMG,M33 vs 2011 C6 Z06

IMG ( izzy ) & M33 ( Zim/Jamie) having some fun in Mexico with a 2011 C6 Z06 .... Representing for the 6MT's :party0030:
    Props to drew AKA dlsj5 for the editing :thumbsup
    :

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Still racing stock Z06's?

Cool vid so I won't rain on the parade and always great to see car run but not being able to pull a stock Z06 with those claimed dyno and boost numbers is... well, just going to slightly drizzle on the parade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

thanks for sharing. Love the blue car drafting then pulling past thats awesome! I always thought of trying to run 60-130's this way to get a sick time, I would be a great science experiment to see how much time you can take off your 60-130 by drafting.

Maybe try different camera position when you race the Z06 cause we cant tell how close it is.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Nice video, pretty decent pull on the z06..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    thanks for sharing. Love the blue car drafting then pulling past thats awesome! I always thought of trying to run 60-130's this way to get a sick time, I would be a great science experiment to see how much time you can take off your 60-130 by drafting.

Maybe try different camera position when you race the Z06 cause we cant tell how close it is.
    you can shave off a lot of time (respectively, for the amount of time it takes to do a run) but the lead car had to be slightly faster in order for you not to rear end him before the run ends Click here to enlarge

and i agree with sticky, not what exactly he said, but about all this money put into an m3 just to 'keep up' with a stock c6 z06. with just a few bolt-ons the c6 would rape, let alone going from n/a to f/i. now that's not to say that s/c m3's are not fast, they are, and i like people/owners are not hiding vids like these but instead 'sharing them,' as DD GT3 said, and with no concern of how it may look.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Nice vid and exactly why I am looking for a pre owner Z06 now... Fast out the box and limited mods create great power. But that being said a 4dr M3 with a blower is a gentlemen thug and I love that.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

This picture is the simplest realistic one i could find. While the air resistance drops, the negative effect of turbulance is more than normal on the second car.
    Click here to enlarge

it really depends on the front car and it's shape. But overall you would shave a few tenths of your time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    and i agree with sticky, not what exactly he said, but about all this money put into an m3 just to 'keep up' with a stock c6 z06. with just a few bolt-ons the c6 would rape, let alone going from n/a to f/i. now that's not to say that s/c m3's are not fast, they are, and i like people/owners are not hiding vids like these but instead 'sharing them,' as DD GT3 said, and with no concern of how it may look.
    Well remember the best 60-130 run for a stock Z06 is 7.86. IMG has run 7.52 in his SC M3, and Drew 6.8 so they are running a faster. And the stock Z is beast so...

love the drafting info. It would be tough to pull off but cool if it was done!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Well remember the best 60-130 run for a stock Z06 is 7.86. IMG has run 7.52 in his SC M3
    true, but remember that when testing 60-130, most people start from below the mark, and in this case, that's a huge advantage to any boosted car, as the boost is already at full flow before the 60mph start begins. so that's why the 60-130 differs from the roll-on race we see here. the z06 has near instant throttle response, and it doesn't need to build boost, so it will get the jump every time unless the m3 brake-boosts.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

IMG has run 7.52 in his SC M3, and Drew 6.8 so they are running a faster.
    DCT makes quite a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

true, but remember that when testing 60-130, most people start from below the mark, and in this case, that's a huge advantage to any boosted car, as the boost is already at full flow before the 60mph start begins. so that's why the 60-130 differs from the roll-on race we see here. the z06 has near instant throttle response, and it doesn't need to build boost, so it will get the jump every time unless the m3 brake-boosts.
    These cars are supercharged not turbocharged.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    DCT makes quite a difference.
    100% but even IMG's car is faster and he is a 6 speed I believe. And I think M33 ran 7.8 and I know he is a 6 speed.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Who drives a stock Z06? With just an exhaust that z06 would have raped those m3s. I am sorry but the M3 is no where near the z06. The vette is in another level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

These cars are supercharged not turbocharged.
    lol my bad, brake-boosting is only for turbos. but nonetheless, does the m3 lose throttle response going from n/a to f/i? pretty sure right?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

lol my bad, brake-boosting is only for turbos. but nonetheless, does the m3 lose throttle response going from n/a to f/i? pretty sure right?
    Nope, it is belt driven. So once you press the gas, engine moves builds boost right on spot. not peak boost until redline tho.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Who drives a stock Z06? With just an exhaust that z06 would have raped those m3s. I am sorry but the M3 is no where near the z06. The vette is in another level.
    Straight up, dont mess with z06's 3100 lbs is where the most advantage besides the 7 liter v8. I want one so bad.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

100% but even IMG's car is faster and he is a 6 speed I believe. And I think M33 ran 7.8 and I know he is a 6 speed.
    I don't doubt it is ultimately faster up top but surprised they are basically even. In the first run the Z06 pulls. Just doesn't look like what a real 600 whp car should, more like in the 500's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i pretty sure i saw Img post in the supercharger thread thats he's 650 now... Good run but it weirds that 600 whp M3 is staying with a Stock Z06 505 hp at the crank.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

AK Don't underestimate the Z.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i know I have raced a bunch their quick but I'm at "500" and take Z06's stock easily...they have 100 more whp than me they should blow the doors off. a stock z06 is around 460-480 whp so they have 120 more whp than a stock Z06. it should look like this between the 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

AK how bad you do beat a stock Z? DCT def helps big time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    AK how bad you do beat a stock Z? DCT def helps big time Click here to enlarge
    1.5 cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    1.5 cars
    BS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Hate to burst your bubble akash but I put 4 cars on the z06 from a 40mph to 185+ I had a gopro on the door but battery died ( some $#@!ing luck ) , their is another video of IMG putting 4 cars on the z06 also but during these close runs the z06 always got the jump but when I ran him I made sure I got the jump lmao . The 6mt wakes up in 5th and That's where you see it really start to walk the Vette !!
    The Z06 is a no joke ! They are consistanly fast. I think that the Z06 is a great car to compare to regardless what car your comparing !

Akash im so Dieing to run your setup you coming to bimmerstock ?
    Last edited by M33; 09-18-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Bimmerstock is going to be sick, I'm very familiar with the area and there are a couple roads over there where you can get some solid 20-160 runs in....theres a gintani stage 2 blown 6mt coming, our ESS guys (m33, img) 6MT, and a couple AA blown M3's coming not sure what trannys tho....should be good for some comparo runs/vids

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Ricky what's up? still no supercharger kit in your to do list?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast