Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hennessey Venom GT acceleration video

Ummm, the funny thing is they don't even seem to be giving it all they could due to traction at 100+:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i never thought i'd see a speedo going to 270 other than in a veyron. sticky, i don't think they were light on the throttle at first, look at the rev they started at, but then again its supercharged right, or no they have twin turbo high power models, do we know which one this is? anyway, ridiculous, not only that, they called it low boost! that car need slicks/DRs as street tires.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i never thought i'd see a speedo going to 270 other than in a veyron. sticky, i don't think they were light on the throttle at first, look at the rev they started at, but then again its supercharged right, or no they have twin turbo high power models, do we know which one this is? anyway, ridiculous, not only that, they called it low boost! that car need slicks/DRs as street tires.
    I thought they sort of didn't go all out due to traction. At least that is how it seemed to me.

I believe this is twin turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I thought they sort of didn't go all out due to traction. At least that is how it seemed to me.

I believe this is twin turbo.
    when you go for super high power like that, you have to sacrifice low-end torque. the big turbos need to spool, no nitrous to spool them right? definitely not spraying on 'low boost' anyway its a twin turbo v8, who needs nitrous unless you're drag racing it.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    kit car with a drop in V8, unimpressed.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    kit car with a drop in V8, unimpressed.
    Basically, yep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for over a million too
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the most off-putting part is the price, considering the borrowed parts from lotus. Since it had all the borrowed parts of the body design etc, that should have made the cost go quite a bit lower. Its exclusivity is nice, but the price is unjustified to be honest. I'd still get a TT gallardo and keep the change when we are talking 750K - 1M $
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Million for a kit car!? you got to be $#@!ing kidding me....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They probably don't really care about selling it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Its exclusivity is nice, but the price is unjustified to be honest. I'd still get a TT gallardo and keep the change when we are talking 750K - 1M $
    Solid thinking, and I prefer the looks of the lambo anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TTG would walk it sooooo hard

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldnt call it a kit car... Not a Lotus designed & engineered chassis and a well developed LS based motor. IMO its no more a kit car than a Pagani for instance that sources it's motor from Mercedes. Anywho that's impressive acceleration no matter how you shape it. I like it. I still fiend for a Mosler MT900
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I wouldnt call it a kit car... Not a Lotus designed & engineered chassis and a well developed LS based motor. IMO its no more a kit car than a Pagani for instance that sources it's motor from Mercedes. Anywho that's impressive acceleration no matter how you shape it. I like it. I still fiend for a Mosler MT900
    Pagani doesn't use an Exige chassis/body, they do build all the parts themselves except the engine.

I don't care how fast it is, the speedo's quality and look is worse than a Corsica.
    For that money i would get Agera R.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This car was pieced together from a parts bin. The LS motor is nice, but anyone can make 1000 whp with a turbo LS motor. The car is not worth a million bucks. No comparison to pagani either because pagani makes their own $#@!. The engine in the pagani is sourced by mercedes and is tuned specifically for the zonda.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pagani is a super exotic with their own chassis and body. Hennessey took an Exige, stretched it, and dropped an LSX in there with twin turbos. Might as well just get an Ultima.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not commenting on the pricing at all...

What I am saying is that many supercars & exotics source motors from other sources like Pagani and Mercedes motor, the Agera R is originally based off the Modular Ford V8 motor and they evolved that motor. Weismann and those wicked coupes and roadsters with BMW sourced powerplants. The Ruf CT3 R using the Porsche motor and front end for their supercar.

The Lotus chassis is an excellent platform with serious engineering, development and testing behind it. Lotus is known for chassis developement and Lotus itself is using Toyota motors for their current models.

Hennessey did not simply throw together a car persay. Lotus did ALL of the engineering, testing and research for the platform in England. Most every video found of the prototype was in England around the Lotus HQ as it was refined, tested and so on. That is not what I call a kit car
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OMG 5Gs accelerating!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too expensive, I'd rather get a lambo or 2....or 3.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the Agera R is originally based off the Modular Ford V8 motor and they evolved that motor.
    i really don't want to be negative in your opinion, the 4.7 engine in CC8 and CCX was Ford, the new 5.0 in CCXR and Agera is all new and made by Koenigsegg itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hennessey did not simply throw together a car persay. Lotus did ALL of the engineering, testing and research for the platform in England. Most every video found of the prototype was in England around the Lotus HQ as it was refined, tested and so on. That is not what I call a kit car
    The testing Lotus did was on a car with a completely different wheelbase, motor, and weight. I can't go take a Miata, throw in an LS1, and say Mazda tested and developed it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    i really don't want to be negative in your opinion, the 4.7 engine in CC8 and CCX was Ford, the new 5.0 in CCXR and Agera is all new and made by Koenigsegg itself.
    Yes they do in fact cast and build their own motors, based largely off the design of the originally supplied Ford Modular powerplant. That's not a negative IMO your point is correct.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The testing Lotus did was on a car with a completely different wheelbase, motor, and weight. I can't go take a Miata, throw in an LS1, and say Mazda tested and developed it.
    No you couldnt because they didnt that's a no brainer LOL.

Lotus took the same basic platform but extended it and used a different motor. That doesnt change the net statement, Lotus took their existing chassis and made modifications. They swapped the motor and then did the same research and development they would do with their own cars. The made the car a whole from suspension (Including John Heinricy) to cooling to electronics and so on. Far from a kit car. Companies like Superformance, Factory Five, ERA, Ultima and many other kit companies come no where near the level of engineering that this car posseses. Again not saying the price is right but this is no hobbled together kit car you build in your garage.

If Lotus had done this this and called it the Exige R we wouldnt be having this conversation. The only reason this may be an issue for some is Hennessey's name vs Lotus.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lotus took the same basic platform but extended it and used a different motor. That doesnt change the net statement, Lotus took their existing chassis and made modifications. They swapped the motor and then did the same research and development they would do with their own cars. The made the car a whole from suspension (Including John Heinricy) to cooling to electronics and so on. Far from a kit car. Companies like Superformance, Factory Five, ERA, Ultima and many other kit companies come no where near the level of engineering that this car posseses. Again not saying the price is right but this is no hobbled together kit car you build in your garage.
    What do you mean lotus extended it and used a different motor? Lotus didn't build it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast