Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No

    Lightbulb Who wants a 3.7 litre S54 ?

    There you go a 3.7 litre s54 engine kit.

    S54 Crankshaft Kit includes connecting rod, piston, crankshaft and bearings. Available in versions 3.0 liters, 3.5 liters and 3.7 liters Please indicate in your order the desired displacement variation.

    http://www.motorsport24.de/motorspor...Kit::1617.html
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    1,123
    Rep Points
    1,665.0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't know....

    I did a little digging around that website, and I see some VERY questionable things going on with parts. There is a BMW Motorsport chassis with pictures of an engine installation in various stages, and they are making very obvious mistakes with it.

    - Fire suppression nozzle pointed at a headlight
    - Poor venting of the engine coolant system, then later you see how the have corrected it.

    Probably the most silly thing I can is a monstrous cooler placed in front of a radiator. It's too small to be a radiator, and it's much too big to be an oil cooler. The fact that it has -8 or -10 line leading to it makes me believe that it's an oil cooler. From experience, I would NEVER use an oil cooler that big....you'd just never be able to keep heat in the engine. I used something 1/3 that size on my 500hp project, and I was having problems keeping the engine oil at temp with the car moving.

    There's lots of other details....but it appears to be a case of someone throwing a bunch of money at a car without understanding how everything works. Normally I wouldn't see a problem with this from a hobby standpoint...but this a vendor selling product.

    3.7L

    Scary.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Points
    2,103.6
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    I would love to do the vac stroker on my car one day along with cams. But right now cams will have to suffice lol. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Başar,

    I want 3700 cc, who wouldn't want?
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Başar,

    I want 3700 cc, who wouldn't want?
    Maybe i should change the title to who wouldnt want a a 3.7 s54 Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

    What do you think about this kit ?
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    I don't know....

    I did a little digging around that website, and I see some VERY questionable things going on with parts. There is a BMW Motorsport chassis with pictures of an engine installation in various stages, and they are making very obvious mistakes with it.

    - Fire suppression nozzle pointed at a headlight
    - Poor venting of the engine coolant system, then later you see how the have corrected it.

    Probably the most silly thing I can is a monstrous cooler placed in front of a radiator. It's too small to be a radiator, and it's much too big to be an oil cooler. The fact that it has -8 or -10 line leading to it makes me believe that it's an oil cooler. From experience, I would NEVER use an oil cooler that big....you'd just never be able to keep heat in the engine. I used something 1/3 that size on my 500hp project, and I was having problems keeping the engine oil at temp with the car moving.

    There's lots of other details....but it appears to be a case of someone throwing a bunch of money at a car without understanding how everything works. Normally I wouldn't see a problem with this from a hobby standpoint...but this a vendor selling product.

    3.7L

    Scary.

    I dont think just one company makes all of the products... Maybe we could ask for more details, what should be asked ?
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    the website is pretty disorganized and alot of typos lol. half the products just say 'pictures coming'. its 11am there..im going to call them and see whats up with this 3.7 option.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    the website is pretty disorganized and alot of typos lol. half the products just say 'pictures coming'. its 11am there..im going to call them and see whats up with this 3.7 option.
    Any news ? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by basar13 Click here to enlarge
    Maybe i should change the title to who wouldnt want a a 3.7 s54 Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

    What do you think about this kit ?

    I think good things, you should buy it, test it for the S54 community Click here to enlarge

    there are other "so called" 3,7L kits on the market, but just so called.

    3,7L S54 is .................................................. .............

    and also has .....................................

    A pioneer "may" test it for the S54 community and provide feedback.

    An evil like myself rather chose not to share his S54 B36.

    One day, a good hearted S54 owner will test 3.7L Click here to enlarge
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by GG///M3 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.


    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    97.8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    mert asks mert, mert answers?
    Turkish beer must be better, bring some, do want.
    yes.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    465
    Rep Points
    278.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Mert I would love to smash ur teeth in with a sammie
    plus infinity
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    465
    Rep Points
    278.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    mert asks mert, mert answers?
    Turkish beer must be better, bring some, do want.
    yes.
    its not the beer, its the chicken pussy he pokes every night
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I think good things, you should buy it, test it for the S54 community Click here to enlarge

    there are other "so called" 3,7L kits on the market, but just so called.

    3,7L S54 is .................................................. .............

    and also has .....................................

    A pioneer "may" test it for the S54 community and provide feedback.

    An evil like myself rather chose not to share his S54 B36.

    One day, a good hearted S54 owner will test 3.7L Click here to enlarge
    I want to do r&d Click here to enlarge Thats why i am going to buy HPF Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by basar13 Click here to enlarge
    Any news ? Click here to enlarge
    i called and asked about the kit. how many have been sold and feedback from buyers. they don't have any takers yet is what i gathered.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    correction Click here to enlarge
    i dont want to do r&d
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by basar13 Click here to enlarge
    Maybe i should change the title to who wouldnt want a a 3.7 s54 Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

    What do you think about this kit ?
    Is there any example of a successfully running 3.7 liter S54?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is there any example of a successfully running 3.7 liter S54?
    i never saw any..
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is there any example of a successfully running 3.7 liter S54?
    I am working on a 3.7 custom billet system, its in the works.
    It may even be 3.8 - 3.9L
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    TURKEY
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    116.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i called and asked about the kit. how many have been sold and feedback from buyers. they don't have any takers yet is what i gathered.
    i wonder who designed it.. They must have tested it before selling it, so what did that test car gained, how many miles did it done ?

    I dont think they are waiting for a customer to see their kit Click here to enlarge or do they? Click here to enlarge

    I will send them a mail lets see their response Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge


    Time Attack ///MZ4

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I am working on a 3.7 custom billet system, its in the works.
    It may even be 3.8 - 3.9L
    Start working on a 0-30 VBOX run first.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I am working on a 3.7 custom billet system, its in the works.
    It may even be 3.8 - 3.9L
    Um, I thought you were doing a 3.6?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um, I thought you were doing a 3.6?
    Who gives a crap what he is doing? He is a criminal. Keep supporting him and you will lose respect like when I was put in time out for call this criminal out.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Who gives a crap what he is doing? He is a criminal. Keep supporting him and you will lose respect like when I was put in time out for call this criminal out.
    Stop jumping to conclusions man. Just give it all a rest and let us talk about the technical aspects.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by basar13 Click here to enlarge
    i wonder who designed it.. They must have tested it before selling it, so what did that test car gained, how many miles did it done ?

    I dont think they are waiting for a customer to see their kit Click here to enlarge or do they? Click here to enlarge

    I will send them a mail lets see their response Click here to enlarge
    as i mentioned earlier. i googled what time it was over there and picked up the phone. they were reluctant to tell me anything about the m3 they put it in. they didn't have any testimonials from customers and were actually quite rude. there's probably a reason none of us have heard of them Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •