Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

My HPF Stage 3..."build"?

In May, I purchased an M3 from estoril-e46/John out of Florida. He was one of the OG HPF stage 3 kits, and had done the install at his shop PSI in Florida. He had some issues with excessive oil consumption at the end of last year, and sent the motor back to HPF. They in turn sent him a brand new built and sleeved block. At that point, he decided he was tired of fighting traction issues with a high HP M3, and purchased a Z06. I was lucky enough to work out a deal for the car, motor, and kit and sent down a truck and trailer to pick up the package. I have a great relationship with the local tech that works on my e55, and asked him how he felt about putting this car back together. He was more then excited...and actually had the car up and running within 2 weeks (while working 50 hour weeks at his real job). He is starting his own shop soon, and I can not recommend him enough. Never had messed with an e46 before and what he did on this car was magic. Items he had to install, every upgrade that could be removed had been removed from the car, so he had to install the exhaust, fuel system, cooling system, motor, trans, turbo kit, interior, and I am sure I am missing some items. Here are some pics...sorry for the size Sticky. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More pics....Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

nice build/pics and all, but whats with the rifle? lol kind of.. out-of-place
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first week I had it on the road I received a fix it ticket for exhaust noise, tint and no front plate. Thanks Maryland. Pulled the tint, put a front plate on, and ummm....got the exhaust to pass. I have since sold the 19" Morrs and installed 18" Apec Arc-8s. I will update with pictures on how the car looks now if it ever stops raining. Grrrrr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He sent me that picture entitled "my security system".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    He sent me that picture entitled "my security system".
    lol thanks for the clarification. how have you been enjoying the car? was it what you expected? better, worse? curious, why the switch from the Morr's? too big or something?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    lol thanks for the clarification. how have you been enjoying the car? was it what you expected? better, worse? curious, why the switch from the Morr's? too big or something?
    It took a while to "like" the car. I didn't like the SMG and hated the exhaust noise/drone, but I have been driving the car daily the past week or so and really really have been enjoying it. Starting to figure out the SMG and a working sound system has helped with the drone. lol It definitely was what I expected power wise. The car is ridiculous under boost, and yet still extremely civil around town. I switched from the Morrs in search of maybe better traction, better ride, and something less flashy. The ride now is perfect, the car looks almost stock, but I still have no traction. Two out of three isn't bad. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A few more pictures..damn I have a ton of them. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Here are some pics...sorry for the size Sticky.
    No prob on the size, they auto resize in the forum if you insert inline so no big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It took a while to "like" the car. I didn't like the SMG and hated the exhaust noise/drone, but I have been driving the car daily the past week or so and really really have been enjoying it. Starting to figure out the SMG and a working sound system has helped with the drone. lol It definitely was what I expected power wise. The car is ridiculous under boost, and yet still extremely civil around town. I switched from the Morrs in search of maybe better traction, better ride, and something less flashy. The ride now is perfect, the car looks almost stock, but I still have no traction. Two out of three isn't bad. haha
    I'm just wondering, what made you buy it in the first place? Is the M5 gone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice build/pics and all, but whats with the rifle? lol kind of.. out-of-place
    maybe mspired started a trend? lol
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=866375

930chas - hows those stoptech slotted treating you? im about to grab some and why the switch from morr?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

love estroil blue, car looks sweet!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Such a damn gorgeous car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm just wondering, what made you buy it in the first place? Is the M5 gone?
    Nope still have the m5 but will unfortunately be selling it in the next couple weeks. Have enjoyed the heck out of it so far. Driven over 1500 miles on it without any issues.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    maybe mspired started a trend? lol
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=866375

930chas - hows those stoptech slotted treating you? im about to grab some and why the switch from morr?
    The Stoptechs are unreal! The braking power is off the charts and is super consistent. I wanted to make the car look stockish so switched to 18" Apex wheels.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    love estroil blue, car looks sweet!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Such a damn gorgeous car!
    Thanks much. I love the Estoril.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beautiful car sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The Stoptechs are unreal! The braking power is off the charts and is super consistent. I wanted to make the car look stockish so switched to 18" Apex wheels.
    nice, i just order some

332x32 st40s.. i'll never buy a cross drilled rotor again.
    lemme know how they wear in a few months. i'm interested to know esp after multiple hard pulls/braking.