Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    lol, when the clip came out the first thing i thought about was who the lucky guy was that was going to buy it. had know idea Pacific was going to be in the hot seat...... again!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Wait, is this the car that had 40k mark-up, and they reduced it by 30k? If this was because of the joy ride, the idiots filming and putting their joy ride on Youtube will be 30k poorer. Rightfully so, since what they did was plain stupid.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    325
    Rep Points
    467.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The dealership did offer to return $2000 and fired the two techs. Considering that there was no damage, I think that's pretty generous. if the guy doesn't like that, BMW should buy it back. $10k is stupid. I'd be pissed about that in my car but $2k would appease me pretty quickly on a running car with no apparent damage and a 50k mile warranty.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Let's find out a good solution for everyone. Now that the car is famous, they should get higher mark-up for it. The buyer should return it to the dealership which should sell it again at double mark-up for a happy new buyer. Everyone would be happy Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    20.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    bmw is the best

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Well, there is in fact something you can take them to court about. BMW has strict regulations in their owners manual about break in period. If you want to get real technical, you can sue the dealership for violating the BMW OEM break in specification and demand a brand new 1M or get a full refund. This is a legitimate lawsuit IMO.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    95.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Well, there is in fact something you can take them to court about. BMW has strict regulations in their owners manual about break in period. If you want to get real technical, you can sue the dealership for violating the BMW OEM break in specification and demand a brand new 1M or get a full refund. This is a legitimate lawsuit IMO.
    Bingo. They breached their own break-in procedure which, under normal circumstances, could leave the vehicle owner responsible for future problems.

    This is an easy win.
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Peertwelve Click here to enlarge
    Stop supporting this crappy dealer. Let them explain themselves here. And how do you know there was no damage done? Can you guarantee the motor is OK?
    I was not supporting the dealer but facts are facts, we all keep focusing on the fact that he paid 10k over list but when someone pays 10k under list nobody talks about it, the market determines the price of the car and the guy agreed to it! Its wrong what they did to the car but if they cant show damage dont to it there is no money owed. Find a judge that will demand a 10,000 payment for 2 full throttle blasts!! 2000 is more that fair for an unfortunate incedent for all parties involved. Plus the bad eggs were delt with

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    just watched the vid and these guys are scumbags!! but there were 2 full throttle launches and the rest of the time they were just driving regular so if this went to court there is no way 6sec of hard driving would warrant 10 thousand dollars

    What about what wasn't caught on camera? Could have (probably was?) been much worse than we saw.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    80.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    Bingo. They breached their own break-in procedure which, under normal circumstances, could leave the vehicle owner responsible for future problems.

    This is an easy win.
    exactly - should't not have to come to a lawsuit but unfortunately Pacific BMW is not behaving in a respectable manner towards their customer(s). How can they charge a markup on a car that has been abused - next thing you know they will void the guys warranty when they see the overrev codes in the ECU from the joy ride, I mean "road test"!

    This can easily happen to one of us - I for one will refuse to buy another new BMW unless this is taken care of and a public apology issued by BMW NA on behalf of Pacific BMW, who apparently can't grow a set and man up on their own.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    The dealership did offer to return $2000 and fired the two techs. Considering that there was no damage, I think that's pretty generous. if the guy doesn't like that, BMW should buy it back. $10k is stupid. I'd be pissed about that in my car but $2k would appease me pretty quickly on a running car with no apparent damage and a 50k mile warranty.
    $2k is nothing but a token gesture. Firing the two techs proves they did something that the dealer did not tolerate. If it was enough of an offense to fire two people over, it was enough of an offense for the dealership to need to disclose it to the potential buyer.

    The reason the $10k needs to be returned is because the buyer gave it to them under the guise of getting a pristine car that had not been test driven or abused. Essentially, he was under the impression he was paying market value for a car that had not been touched as this is what the dealer led him to believe. I'd get my $10k back, I'll tell you that much.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    What about what wasn't caught on camera? Could have (probably was?) been much worse than we saw.
    And who knows just how many cars they did this with... Pacific BMW should give the money back and pray this goes away before more owners start showing up.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Well, there is in fact something you can take them to court about. BMW has strict regulations in their owners manual about break in period. If you want to get real technical, you can sue the dealership for violating the BMW OEM break in specification and demand a brand new 1M or get a full refund. This is a legitimate lawsuit IMO.
    Absolutely, right there on camera is 100% proof the BMW recommended break in procedure was not followed. In addition, if I was the owner I would argue resale was negatively harmed due to this extra unwanted exposure that is negative regarding the vehicle.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I was not supporting the dealer but facts are facts, we all keep focusing on the fact that he paid 10k over list but when someone pays 10k under list nobody talks about it, the market determines the price of the car and the guy agreed to it! Its wrong what they did to the car but if they cant show damage dont to it there is no money owed. Find a judge that will demand a 10,000 payment for 2 full throttle blasts!! 2000 is more that fair for an unfortunate incedent for all parties involved. Plus the bad eggs were delt with
    You still do not understand. They did not disclose what happened until after the fact when the news covered it. That is a no-no.

    2 full throttle blasts? Even one full throttle blast voids BMW's own break in procedure. 2000 is not more than fair, not even close. This car is damaged goods now and not worth over market, but under.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You still do not understand. They did not disclose what happened until after the fact when the news covered it. That is a no-no.

    2 full throttle blasts? Even one full throttle blast voids BMW's own break in procedure. 2000 is not more than fair, not even close. This car is damaged goods now and not worth over market, but under.
    What damage are you refering to? It doesnt void anything and you know that, it doesnt affect the warantee, and if every car that was reved to redline before it had 1200 miles had engine trouble then i would bet 99% of cars would be blowing up left and right!! What percentage of owners do you think follow the break in procedures?

    And as i asked before, if an owner paid 10000 of sticker and this happened would it be ok? Price has 0 to do with this, its wrong because its wrong but nothing to do with price and its not worth 10000

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    The dealer doesnt have to disclose any damage below 5000, in this case it was 0 so they didnt have to disclose anything if they didnt want to. In an extreme case like this I would have told the customer what happened and made it a part of the deal up front but if i was faced witht the same thing after the fact i wouldnt give back the money either. I would fire the guys like they did, And i would offer the customer some kind of free services that we can agree on but i def would not cut a check for 10000

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    What damage are you refering to? It doesnt void anything and you know that, it doesnt affect the warantee, and if every car that was reved to redline before it had 1200 miles had engine trouble then i would bet 99% of cars would be blowing up left and right!! What percentage of owners do you think follow the break in procedures?

    And as i asked before, if an owner paid 10000 of sticker and this happened would it be ok? Price has 0 to do with this, its wrong because its wrong but nothing to do with price and its not worth 10000
    I'm not referring to damage as much as this particular vehicles reputation is damaged therefore as is its resale value. I wouldn't want it.

    I'm not saying taking it to redline will destroy it. I'm saying the video clearly shows a violation of BMW's own recommended break in procedure, fact.

    Mark up has everything to do with this. The buyer was misled so that they could get 10k.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    The dealer doesnt have to disclose any damage below 5000, in this case it was 0 so they didnt have to disclose anything if they didnt want to. In an extreme case like this I would have told the customer what happened and made it a part of the deal up front but if i was faced witht the same thing after the fact i wouldnt give back the money either. I would fire the guys like they did, And i would offer the customer some kind of free services that we can agree on but i def would not cut a check for 10000
    What do you mean they didn't have to disclose it? They told him no test drives yet clearly their techs did exactly that and then some. That is called deceiving someone.

    They should have been up front and everything would have been avoided. They fired the guys, clearly something bad happened and they attempted to sweep it under the rug to get more money out of this buyer.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    What damage are you refering to? It doesnt void anything and you know that, it doesnt affect the warantee, and if every car that was reved to redline before it had 1200 miles had engine trouble then i would bet 99% of cars would be blowing up left and right!! What percentage of owners do you think follow the break in procedures?

    And as i asked before, if an owner paid 10000 of sticker and this happened would it be ok? Price has 0 to do with this, its wrong because its wrong but nothing to do with price and its not worth 10000
    Like you said before, the market does dictate the price whether it is a markup of 10 grand or a discount of 10,000. In this case, the market has driven up the price for a brand new, not abused BMW 1M. Unfortunately, this is not what this buyer received from Pacific. He got an abused car and it was caught on camera no less.

    What if this owner didn't find out about this? This guy gets his 1M and is totally happy with it. Babies it like no other owner ever has. One year from now something goes wrong with the engine, probably not even related to the video, and the dealership finds out he(they) didn't follow the break in procedure and void his warranty? The probability of this happening is low but knowing of all the other shady $#@! this dealership does, I wouldn't put it past them.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    How was the buyer misled? what did they mis represent? The car has a markup because of limited availability, supply and demand, and capitalism!! If you could get one up the block then the car wouldnt demand a premium, and if the market wont pay it then the dealer cant ask it. The video does not affect its value Sticky your reaching now lol, in 3 months nobody will remember this and in 3-5 years when he goes to sell his car nobody is going to dig up this you tube video. And the vid doesnt show the vin number anyway

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    How was the buyer misled? what did they mis represent? The car has a markup because of limited availability, supply and demand, and capitalism!! If you could get one up the block then the car wouldnt demand a premium, and if the market wont pay it then the dealer cant ask it. The video does not affect its value Sticky your reaching now lol, in 3 months nobody will remember this and in 3-5 years when he goes to sell his car nobody is going to dig up this you tube video. And the vid doesnt show the vin number anyway
    I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER!!!! LOL
    ​#Chuckstrong

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    How was the buyer misled? what did they mis represent? The car has a markup because of limited availability, supply and demand, and capitalism!! If you could get one up the block then the car wouldnt demand a premium, and if the market wont pay it then the dealer cant ask it. The video does not affect its value Sticky your reaching now lol, in 3 months nobody will remember this and in 3-5 years when he goes to sell his car nobody is going to dig up this you tube video. And the vid doesnt show the vin number anyway
    I'm not reaching at all. If I'm a potential buyer and I see the car when it was brand new did not follow the break in period that would turn me off from it. I break my cars in hard do not get me wrong but I do not floor them right away. Did they warm it up? Doubt it. Did they hurt it? Doubt it. But the point is you have proof right there of the BMW recommended break in period not being followed and for that reason alone I would want my 10k back.

    Additionally, they did not disclose this to the buyer. So yes, they mis-represented what they were selling. Would he have paid 10k if he saw this video? Uh, of course not, which is why he is getting his attorney involved.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    318
    Rep Points
    399.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To me this its not about the law or whether this guy should have paid over sticker. A respectable business owner provides honest, valuable products and services to their customer. Sounds to me like someone here was at very least discounting or minimizing the truth. We should not tolerate that kind of behavior in our business community. Make them take responsibility for their actions. The way I see it, the dealer is at very least being pretty misguided over this. The issue made it to Jalopnik! If just a handful of people decide to buy from another dealer (and there are plenty of other dealers) than the dealer has lost already. The way I see it, Pacific BMW had the opportunity to make $10k less profit (remember, they're still selling the car at list!) and turn an unsatisfied customer into an advocate. They blew it. -Neel

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    To me this its not about the law or whether this guy should have paid over sticker. A respectable business owner provides honest, valuable products and services to their customer. Sounds to me like someone here was at very least discounting or minimizing the truth. We should not tolerate that kind of behavior in our business community. Make them take responsibility for their actions. The way I see it, the dealer is at very least being pretty misguided over this. The issue made it to Jalopnik! If just a handful of people decide to buy from another dealer (and there are plenty of other dealers) than the dealer has lost already. The way I see it, Pacific BMW had the opportunity to make $10k less profit (remember, they're still selling the car at list!) and turn an unsatisfied customer into an advocate. They blew it. -Neel
    So. Well. Said.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    930.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Forget the 10k back...return the car for full refund based on the dealer violating the break-in and hence providing grounds for warranty voiding. Whoever said the warranty is fine clearly has no experience in dealing with dealerships regarding warranty. Return it and go buy a different lone for list. They are still available...or just chill and pick up a new M2 or M3 when they come out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •