Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 72 of 72
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Forget the 10k back...return the car for full refund based on the dealer violating the break-in and hence providing grounds for warranty voiding. Whoever said the warranty is fine clearly has no experience in dealing with dealerships regarding warranty. Return it and go buy a different lone for list. They are still available...or just chill and pick up a new M2 or M3 when they come out.
    Exactly, well said. Dealers nitpick BS like this all the time yet we can't hold them to the same standards?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    45.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I havent wanted to comment on this thread but now I feel it might be necessary. I personally own a 2011 BMW M3 individual with competition package, alpine white, with a two tone fox red black interior with red stiching. I built the car from BMW and started counting days to when I was going to finally see it. As soon as the dealer called me and told me its in I rushed over to go see it. When I saw it I as amazed and happy as can be. I wouldnt let anybody touch my car besides my service advisor. He has been my service advisor for years and know exactly how Iam about my vehicles. He said follow the break in procedure but after about 500 miles you can start to go up to 7,000-7500 rpm's. So I did what he said and this M3 feels stronger than alot of ones that I have been in. With that being said, lets talk about this issue at hand. Pacific BMW is willing to ruin there name over a lowsy $10,000.00? This goes to show you how what greed can do to people. Instead of making things right and returning the $10,000.00, they would rather risk loosing there name and there integrity. This absolutely blows my mind that this poor customer is having to go through this. He doesnt want to give the car back or get an M3 or something similar. He wants that specific 1M because he paid a premium for THAT car and its a limited production vehicle. Now im sure that these dumb #&&# technicians were not trying to ruin the car but they were joy riding a car that was already sold. plus if you look closely at the gauges the oil temp gauge isnt even over 160. Now THIS car ruin a brand new car. What Pacific BMW should have done is sat that car right in the middle of there show room with balloons and a bow on top considering $10,000 over sticker. This customer should get his $10,000.00 premium back and considering what all has happened, they should give him an extended warranty with maintainance to 100,000 miles. If not, I can ASSURE you there will be a law suit and 99.99% of the time the customer always wins against car dealers. Judges know how shaddy car dealers are and basically know that all they do is lie to a customer just to sell a car. Now im not saying all car dealerships are like this but most of them are. In a court room, that $10,000 could possibly turn into $20,000 for the customer considering the circumstances and the video and what affect this had on this customer. Pacific BMW should know that if a gut is buying a car and paying $10,000 over MSRP, he should be able to hire him a pretty damn good lawyer. Im in law school we speak and I guarantee the customer WILL win based on the certain circumstrances along with a clear cut video. Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostaholic Click here to enlarge
    I havent wanted to comment on this thread but now I feel it might be necessary. I personally own a 2011 BMW M3 individual with competition package, alpine white, with a two tone fox red black interior with red stiching. I built the car from BMW and started counting days to when I was going to finally see it. As soon as the dealer called me and told me its in I rushed over to go see it. When I saw it I as amazed and happy as can be. I wouldnt let anybody touch my car besides my service advisor. He has been my service advisor for years and know exactly how Iam about my vehicles. He said follow the break in procedure but after about 500 miles you can start to go up to 7,000-7500 rpm's. So I did what he said and this M3 feels stronger than alot of ones that I have been in. With that being said, lets talk about this issue at hand. Pacific BMW is willing to ruin there name over a lowsy $10,000.00? This goes to show you how what greed can do to people. Instead of making things right and returning the $10,000.00, they would rather risk loosing there name and there integrity. This absolutely blows my mind that this poor customer is having to go through this. He doesnt want to give the car back or get an M3 or something similar. He wants that specific 1M because he paid a premium for THAT car and its a limited production vehicle. Now im sure that these dumb #&&# technicians were not trying to ruin the car but they were joy riding a car that was already sold. plus if you look closely at the gauges the oil temp gauge isnt even over 160. Now THIS car ruin a brand new car. What Pacific BMW should have done is sat that car right in the middle of there show room with balloons and a bow on top considering $10,000 over sticker. This customer should get his $10,000.00 premium back and considering what all has happened, they should give him an extended warranty with maintainance to 100,000 miles. If not, I can ASSURE you there will be a law suit and 99.99% of the time the customer always wins against car dealers. Judges know how shaddy car dealers are and basically know that all they do is lie to a customer just to sell a car. Now im not saying all car dealerships are like this but most of them are. In a court room, that $10,000 could possibly turn into $20,000 for the customer considering the circumstances and the video and what affect this had on this customer. Pacific BMW should know that if a gut is buying a car and paying $10,000 over MSRP, he should be able to hire him a pretty damn good lawyer. Im in law school we speak and I guarantee the customer WILL win based on the certain circumstrances along with a clear cut video. Click here to enlarge
    If you are in law school then you should know that there has to be something litigate, court is not based on fairness or the perception of something being wrong or right, the law doesnt change because this guy paid 10k over msrp. The only way to prove ANYTHING was wrong with the engine would be to tear it down witch makes no sense because we all know that 99.9% there is nothing wrong with it. The second part of it is that bmw na didnt come out and say the warrantee to this car is voided nor did they say they intend to. If for some reason this did go to court the dealer can bring proof of hundreds if not thousands of cars that didnt follow the break in 100% and everything is ok. So again the situation sucks and it shouldnt have happened but THERE WAS NO DAMAGE!! I do agree that they can extend his warrantee for him just to give him some peace of mind.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Forget the 10k back...return the car for full refund based on the dealer violating the break-in and hence providing grounds for warranty voiding. Whoever said the warranty is fine clearly has no experience in dealing with dealerships regarding warranty.
    I have worked at a car dealership for 12 years and i have been a general manager for the last 8, i assure you i have experienced the good the bad and the ugly over my career, And as far as returning the car contrary to what most people believe a car is not a returnable item, there is no cool down period or anything of the sort on a car. Now obviously there are times when the lemon law comes into play and the dealer or the manufacturer may buy the car back and there are also times when a dealer may buy a car back for customer service if something major goes wrong but thats it. If someone decides to just leave it there it will be towed away and become a voluntary repo to the bank. im sure you guys can imagine the mayhem it would cause if the manufactures voided the warrantee of every car that sees full throttle before 1200 miles!`

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    87.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    it'll be interesting to see what happens. personally, the only times i've seen cars go far above msrp are for limited run cars like these that have NEVER been test driven, and the dealer will make that known to justify the mark up, which they have in this case. they are waiting for a buyer willing to pay a premium for piece of mind, a small demographic, but there is one. i can guarantee that if a dealer told potential buyers that this car has only been test driven once, resulting in the driver and passenger getting fired by how they drove it, they wouldn't be able to get that markup. its why the demo vehicles are DISCOUNTED, because no one would pay full price when they know potentially how its been treated.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Too bad that guy didn't contact me. I would have helped all of them.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I have worked at a car dealership for 12 years and i have been a general manager for the last 8, i assure you i have experienced the good the bad and the ugly over my career, And as far as returning the car contrary to what most people believe a car is not a returnable item, there is no cool down period or anything of the sort on a car. Now obviously there are times when the lemon law comes into play and the dealer or the manufacturer may buy the car back and there are also times when a dealer may buy a car back for customer service if something major goes wrong but thats it. If someone decides to just leave it there it will be towed away and become a voluntary repo to the bank. im sure you guys can imagine the mayhem it would cause if the manufactures voided the warrantee of every car that sees full throttle before 1200 miles!`
    There are states that have a return period by law. For instance, Florida has a 3 day return period on vehicles. You can bring back the vehicle within 3 days and the contract is rescinded.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostaholic Click here to enlarge
    If not, I can ASSURE you there will be a law suit and 99.99% of the time the customer always wins against car dealers. Judges know how shaddy car dealers are and basically know that all they do is lie to a customer just to sell a car. Now im not saying all car dealerships are like this but most of them are. In a court room, that $10,000 could possibly turn into $20,000 for the customer considering the circumstances and the video and what affect this had on this customer. Pacific BMW should know that if a gut is buying a car and paying $10,000 over MSRP, he should be able to hire him a pretty damn good lawyer. Im in law school we speak and I guarantee the customer WILL win based on the certain circumstrances along with a clear cut video. Click here to enlarge
    You better learn this $#@!ing quick, because the first rule of law is never guarantee a result. Being in law school doesn't mean $#@!. You have a lot to learn and you're starting off on the wrong foot. Also, how do you know what Judges know about car dealers? You have no experience with them. Not to mention the jury is typically the fact finder so it doesn't even matter what the Judges know about any party. Same thing goes for your assertion about individuals prevailing over dealers. You don't know $#@!. $#@!, I hate law students. They all think they know everything.

    You're just another wannabe attorney playing with mommy and daddy's money. if I were you, I would make that your last unlicensed legal post on this forum. Douche.
    Last edited by Yomama69; 09-11-2011 at 05:47 PM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    There are states that have a return period by law. For instance, Florida has a 3 day return period on vehicles. You can bring back the vehicle within 3 days and the contract is rescinded.
    That is incorrect, you in fact cannot return a new car purchased in Florida after any amount of days. A quick google search will show you that, if that were the case you would have your savvy wak jobs that would do it all the time,dealers wouldn't constantly be burned with cars with miles,there would be constant bickering over condition, and what would stop me from signing for a lambo every weekend then returning it! Long as I had the credit and the income it just takes time and a signature

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    That is incorrect, you in fact cannot return a new car purchased in Florida after any amount of days. A quick google search will show you that, if that were the case you would have your savvy wak jobs that would do it all the time,dealers wouldn't constantly be burned with cars with miles,there would be constant bickering over condition, and what would stop me from signing for a lambo every weekend then returning it! Long as I had the credit and the income it just takes time and a signature
    I'm sorry. It's Texas, not Florida. I don't even know why I said that. Texas has a 3-day rescission period. After looking it up, that law was repealed in 2009, so I stand corrected. Texas used to have a 3-day rescission on automobiles.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    You better learn this $#@!ing quick, because the first rule of law is never guarantee a result. Being in law school doesn't mean $#@!. You have a lot to learn and you're starting off on the wrong foot. Also, how do you know what Judges know about car dealers? You have no experience with them. Not to mention the jury is typically the fact finder so it doesn't even matter what the Judges know about any party. Same thing goes for your assertion about individuals prevailing over dealers. You don't know $#@!. $#@!, I hate law students. They all think they know everything.

    You're just another wannabe attorney playing with mommy and daddy's money. if I were you, I would make that your last unlicensed legal post on this forum. Douche.

    Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    If you are in law school then you should know that there has to be something litigate, court is not based on fairness or the perception of something being wrong or right, the law doesnt change because this guy paid 10k over msrp. The only way to prove ANYTHING was wrong with the engine would be to tear it down witch makes no sense because we all know that 99.9% there is nothing wrong with it. The second part of it is that bmw na didnt come out and say the warrantee to this car is voided nor did they say they intend to. If for some reason this did go to court the dealer can bring proof of hundreds if not thousands of cars that didnt follow the break in 100% and everything is ok. So again the situation sucks and it shouldnt have happened but THERE WAS NO DAMAGE!! I do agree that they can extend his warrantee for him just to give him some peace of mind.
    Whether there is anything right or wrong with the motor is completely irrelevant. Nobody is saying he should get the money back based on how the motor runs.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whether there is anything right or wrong with the motor is completely irrelevant. Nobody is saying he should get the money back based on how the motor runs.
    Sticky if you dont feel anything is wrong with the motor then the only way the dealer can possible pay is for good customer service, but as far as the law you gotta admit that there is no case here

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    If every motor had to be torn apart for a Plaintiff to prevail against a dealer and/or manufacturer, I would have had to have 150,000 BMWs torn apart over the last year.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Sticky if you dont feel anything is wrong with the motor then the only way the dealer can possible pay is for good customer service, but as far as the law you gotta admit that there is no case here
    I think there is more than enough here especially considering the dealer is offering $2k already without any pressure. Let's see what his attorney comes up with.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of fire and ice
    Posts
    167
    Rep Points
    170.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Whatever the law says, Pacific BMW is flunking at damage control.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Whatever the law says, Pacific BMW is flunking at damage control.
    And then some.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think there is more than enough here especially considering the dealer is offering $2k already without any pressure. Let's see what his attorney comes up with.
    I feel like you just wanna stick to your point no matter what, again we all know its wrong and unfair to the customer, but as far as legal obligation and a dollar amount what are you reffering to as"more than enough here"?
    1) Dealer said the car cant be test driven, not the car has never been driven, and that can be proven by the fact that he obviously knew his delivery miles, weather it was 12 or 30 he knew.
    2)Price he paid doesnt mean anything because that was disclosed as well and he knew what he was doing.
    3)The biggest thing here is that there is no damage to the car,the warrantee, or to the value. Thousands of cars are test driven everyday including by all of us, we all know we test the acceleration and guess what these cars all become some ones new car!!
    4)They offered a concession of 2000 already, so what else can they be LEGALLY not MORALLY obligated to do.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This dealership is the WORST BMW dealership in the country. I brought my 335 into their service department because it would not start and smelled of gas, turns out one of the injectors was stuck fully on. They then created a puma case and said they found oil leaking from the turbos through the intake piping. My warranty was denied because I had downpipes on the car (diagnosed by their chief mechanic.) BMWNA was zero help. Finally, they came back and said bmw would cover the injectors, but not the turbo oil leak due to the mods so they tried to give me an initial estimate of $5k to remove the piping and inspect the turbos. I drove the car paranoid that I was burning oil, but the peculiar thing is I wasn't getting any discolored smoke coming from the exhaust. So I pulled off the charge pipe and found just a small amount of residue (blow by.) I took the car to a private mechanic for another opinion and they said there was no leak. Then took it to Sterling BMW whom confirmed there was no oil leak. Even 14k miles later my car hadn't required any oil to be added. This dealership is a joke and it's clear that there service nor sales department have any knowledge and they're out to scam people. STAY AWAY!!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I feel like you just wanna stick to your point no matter what, again we all know its wrong and unfair to the customer
    Uh, ya, my point is what they did was wrong and therefore he should stick to his guns.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    but as far as legal obligation and a dollar amount what are you reffering to as"more than enough here"?
    I'm not going to sit here and play pretend lawyer. His attorney has more than enough to work with in my opinion.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    1) Dealer said the car cant be test driven, not the car has never been driven, and that can be proven by the fact that he obviously knew his delivery miles, weather it was 12 or 30 he knew.
    Not even sure what you are saying here. We have a video of the car being taken for a joyride, simple as that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    2)Price he paid doesnt mean anything because that was disclosed as well and he knew what he was doing.
    The price he paid means everything because he paid over sticker under the assumption this was a car nobody touched as the dealer portrayed it that was to him. He was misled. I believe a dealer who charged way over sticker to a mentally deficient person was found guilty of negligence and had to return that money and then some.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    3)The biggest thing here is that there is no damage to the car,the warrantee, or to the value. Thousands of cars are test driven everyday including by all of us, we all know we test the acceleration and guess what these cars all become some ones new car!!
    You have no idea if there is damage. You seem to be sticking to a point about damage as if that is the only thing that could have gone wrong here. The fact is right there on video the car is shown ignoring the BMW break in procedure. I would be on the phone with BMWNA as well.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    4)They offered a concession of 2000 already, so what else can they be LEGALLY not MORALLY obligated to do.
    They offered $2000 to get him to STFU and for this nightmare to go away for them. That is all, and that is just the beginning. I would get my $10k and then some.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8 Click here to enlarge
    This dealership is the WORST BMW dealership in the country. I brought my 335 into their service department because it would not start and smelled of gas, turns out one of the injectors was stuck fully on. They then created a puma case and said they found oil leaking from the turbos through the intake piping. My warranty was denied because I had downpipes on the car (diagnosed by their chief mechanic.) BMWNA was zero help. Finally, they came back and said bmw would cover the injectors, but not the turbo oil leak due to the mods so they tried to give me an initial estimate of $5k to remove the piping and inspect the turbos. I drove the car paranoid that I was burning oil, but the peculiar thing is I wasn't getting any discolored smoke coming from the exhaust. So I pulled off the charge pipe and found just a small amount of residue (blow by.) I took the car to a private mechanic for another opinion and they said there was no leak. Then took it to Sterling BMW whom confirmed there was no oil leak. Even 14k miles later my car hadn't required any oil to be added. This dealership is a joke and it's clear that there service nor sales department have any knowledge and they're out to scam people. STAY AWAY!!
    I'm sorry to hear that. What a great dealer not out to take peoples cash or anything and certainly would not mislead someone for money Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    510
    Rep Points
    311.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    msizzle does not seem to realize what constitutes a deceptive trade practice. I hope he publishes the name of his dealership so only attorneys can shop there. I doubt he has the integrity to do that. Like we say in this part of the country, if you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. If you can't, you need to slink away because you have no credibility.

    Secondly, Texas indeed does have a 3 day return period. So he doesn't know what he is saying in that regard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •