Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 135i vs. all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

135i vs. all

If you don't like the music, mute it. All you would have heard was wind anyway so spare me the comments on that thanks. Click here to enlarge The vid was shot from my car @ MFest. This was the intermediate class as the track people wouldn't let me run in advanced since I've never been on a track in the U.S. lol. I think I should have been in the advance class. Anyway, this was stock everything except for the first JB3 (1.0?) Including the RFT's at the end of thier life. Enjoy Click here to enlarge

-Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This is how it is done, with a video.

Nice post, very nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

nice video. i like thee music.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

nice driving, safe but aggressive Click here to enlarge i know you said no music comments, but here's some constructive criticism: near the end, when the music was quiet and you were chasing the blue 335, hearing your exhaust note was much more enjoyable, at least to me Click here to enlarge. so if you do post a video again, of your driving, at least please lower the volume, so we can at least attempt to hear exhausts and tire squeal of your car and others. otherwise i loved the editing, no boring parts lol
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice driving, safe but aggressive Click here to enlarge i know you said no music comments, but here's some constructive criticism: near the end, when the music was quiet and you were chasing the blue 335, hearing your exhaust note was much more enjoyable, at least to me Click here to enlarge. so if you do post a video again, of your driving, at least please lower the volume, so we can at least attempt to hear exhausts and tire squeal of your car and others. otherwise i loved the editing, no boring parts lol
    Thanks for the compliments and criticism! Yeah the end of the video was a segment from my first lap. For some reason it didn't have any wind noise like the other laps. Probably camera placement. But The other clips were unbarable even to me. If you look at my other youtube videos of Nurburgring, you see that I intentionally turn off the stereo just to get a clean vid. However, this course demanded that the windows be down, where at the ring they could be up. Click here to enlarge
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

for a first time event, I think you were a little too agressive. Some clubs runs events different though, middles classes are not allowed to pass unless given visual permission by the car ahead. Either way good vid and keep it safe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice driving!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    for a first time event, I think you were a little too agressive. Some clubs runs events different though, middles classes are not allowed to pass unless given visual permission by the car ahead. Either way good vid and keep it safe
    Yeah, I wasn't gonna go slow after paying that much for laptime. They should have just put me in advanced. The only difference was the passing. I was waiting and waiting for people to signal a point-by, but they weren't checking thier mirrors obviously. The promoters were also allowing begginers to bump up to intermediate which made it even more frustrating. I gave everyone a long time to point but some were just clueless. I knew it was just for fun, but if I pay an extra fee for a transponder, you better belive I'm gonna go for a good lap lol.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I wasn't gonna go slow after paying that much for laptime. They should have just put me in advanced. The only difference was the passing. I was waiting and waiting for people to signal a point-by, but they weren't checking thier mirrors obviously. The promoters were also allowing begginers to bump up to intermediate which made it even more frustrating. I gave everyone a long time to point but some were just clueless. I knew it was just for fun, but if I pay an extra fee for a transponder, you better belive I'm gonna go for a good lap lol.
    I understand your line of thinking and don't fault your for it. I bet I would have done the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the understanding Sticky, I did feel a little bad at the end of the event but there was little I could do.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I def see where you are coming from but trust me on this. Waiting a lil for slower cars is part of the game and alot less annoying/dangerous then wrecking into someone or going into a wall. I don't know why you are so concerned about lap time your first time out, trust me lol, they were no where near what your car could do. NExt time ask an instructor to take you for a ride in your own car and simply smile when he goes 2 plus seconds faster a lap lol.

Btw this is coming from someone who has pretty heavy autox experience and was Tri state champ in my old car. I remember when I first got into it, i thought I was the $#@! only to realize I wasnt after an instructor go into my car and schooled me lol.

Just trying to give you advice, don't take it the wrong way.

Tri State run 1, way too hot almost ended up in the fence
    http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...=chrisrun1.flv
    Last edited by Laloosh; 05-10-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol, it was my first time in THE UNITED STATES Click here to enlarge. I just got back from living in Germany for 7 years. 30 mins away from Nurburgring. I have done countless laps on that track. LVMS felt like a go kart track compared to Nurburgring. And I am always concerned with laptimes, how else do you know if you improve? The las vegas track is no where near as technical as the ring, I doubt I'll ever find a track in the world that is. I know how to drive/race, thanks. Click here to enlarge Here's a nice lap around the ring, I've had faster ones, but they weren't taped. Click here to enlarge

Nice vid as well. You were tearin it up till the end!
    Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 05-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome video! Looks like a good time, besides the lack of point-bys. =p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a GREAT time! You have to do MFest next year!
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Looks great, I was under the assumption it was your frist track day period. All is well, have fun and be safe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Will do. No worries. Click here to enlarge
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Will do. No worries. Click here to enlarge
    Your Nurburging vid is sick!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I think the ring is one of the most overlooked "must-do" things in a car guys life. I was just lucky enough to be stationed near it. It would have to be a must when doing euro-delivery.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

nice man, checked out your garage for your mods. what kind of power do you put down on that jb3? the video looked great, i felt you raced more aggressively and took better lines faster when you had someone to chase, but don't we all Click here to enlarge i love looking at footage I take, its like homework Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice man, checked out your garage for your mods. what kind of power do you put down on that jb3? the video looked great, i felt you raced more aggressively and took better lines faster when you had someone to chase, but don't we all Click here to enlarge i love looking at footage I take, its like homework Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man, I dynoed 360 to the wheels the last time I ran. I still have the first JB3. (I've been pretty busy and just bought a house so no $$ for the new 2.0 yet) It was still nice to get 360whp then though since all the E9X M3's were dynoing the same (stock of course) Click here to enlarge And yeah, since the ring video, I got pro instruction and a rent-a-racecar on the ring and that improved my times big time. As for the LVMS course, I bet I'll nail the line eventually. I can't wait for the big boy mods like you have. Click here to enlarge I wanted the car to look halfway decent first, (I bought it for the numbers not the looks) and now I'll work on power. I may just copy your mod list hahaha.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Thanks man, I dynoed 360 to the wheels the last time I ran. I still have the first JB3. (I've been pretty busy and just bought a house so no $$ for the new 2.0 yet) It was still nice to get 360whp then though since all the E9X M3's were dynoing the same (stock of course) Click here to enlarge And yeah, since the ring video, I got pro instruction and a rent-a-racecar on the ring and that improved my times big time. As for the LVMS course, I bet I'll nail the line eventually. I can't wait for the big boy mods like you have. Click here to enlarge I wanted the car to look halfway decent first, (I bought it for the numbers not the looks) and now I'll work on power. I may just copy your mod list hahaha.
    You make me want to start getting into roadcourse racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do it!! I hadn't driven on a track before MFest since Sept of last year. I was just driving the car daily and was thinking about getting a track/project car. After the track day last month, I fell right back in love with my baby. Now, she will be my track car AND daily driver. At least until I can get the M 1er. It is seriously the best form of racing IMO. Time attack anyway. I don't like trading paint lol.
    -Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

appreciate the kind words, i assure you that the power increase is substantial, once you get a proper LSD back there, the whole track thing? is like night and day, the positive traction and torque available at nearly all times is such a difference. copying my mod list is flattering, i would be very curious to see what numbers you put down once equally modded Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You make me want to start getting into roadcourse racing.
    Do it!! I hadn't driven on a track before MFest since Sept of last year. I was just driving the car daily and was thinking about getting a track/project car. After the track day last month, I fell right back in love with my baby. Now, she will be my track car AND daily driver. At least until I can get the M 1er. It is seriously the best form of racing IMO. Time attack anyway. I don't like trading paint lol.
    seriously sticky you should get back into it, if you have the spare money and time of course Click here to enlarge and since your m3 will have all the bells and whistles, you should own most of the competition they throw at you initially, should be a sleeper Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

appreciate the kind words, i assure you that the power increase is substantial, once you get a proper LSD back there, the whole track thing? is like night and day, the positive traction and torque available at nearly all times is such a difference. copying my mod list is flattering, i would be very curious to see what numbers you put down once equally modded Click here to enlarge

seriously sticky you should get back into it, if you have the spare money and time of course Click here to enlarge and since your m3 will have all the bells and whistles, you should own most of the competition they throw at you initially, should be a sleeper Click here to enlarge
    I would, but the M3 is going to be more of a straightline, highway thing, or else I would have gone NA and lightweight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast