Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question Now that my meth kit is ordered...questions :D

1) Do people who use their cars for DD, that have meth, usually switch to a different map and then switch back when they want to run meth or just run meth the entire time?

2) I don't think running meth will have a big effect, if at all, but does it affect the MPG?

3) Where do I store the meth? Place to buy a container?

4) Anyone have pics of 2.2 gal tank setup being installed in a 5er?

Random questions:

5) I just got cat-less DPs installed, and my MPG is TERRIBLE, is that the same for everyone else? I used to be able to go like 2-3 weeks without filling up and now it's almost weekly. I push the peddle and it says maxed out on the MPG gauge until I hit like 3rd or 4th...It's not a HUGE deal but it's killing my wallet lately, haha.

I might have more questions later, but that's it for now...as always thanks guys!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    1: remember, it doesnt matter what map you're on. your meth will probably be boost based, so even a stock map may trigger some pump pressure (depending where you set the trigger)

2: meth has a huge affect on performance, it shouldn't affect mpg any but if it does, its because your right foot is down more because you enjoy the new power.

3: your meth kit did not come with a reservoir? strange, most come at least with a 3 quart tank, if not i suggest a 2 gallon, otherwise you'll be filling it more often than you need to be.

4: dont have a pic of it in a 5 series trunk but can post my tank set-up if you'd like.

5: its doubtful the dps caused your mpg to drop, its more likely that you speed more often now that you unlocked power.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    3: your meth kit did not come with a reservoir? strange, most come at least with a 3 quart tank, if not i suggest a 2 gallon, otherwise you'll be filling it more often than you need to be.
    No I bought the 2.2 gallon tank set up but I mean with the meth that's left over, because I assume they don't sell all the different pre-mixed proportions.

4: dont have a pic of it in a 5 series trunk but can post my tank set-up if you'd like.
    Wouldn't mind it, but dunno how much it would help, plus there's a DIY on n54tech that I've read...just wanted to see if it was the same... Click here to enlarge

5: its doubtful the dps caused your mpg to drop, its more likely that you speed more often now that you unlocked power.
    I don't know man, I don't think that's completely true...I haven't been speeding any more than before and my MPG gauge basically stays maxed out until 3rd or 4th gear...I guess I'll have to log it to see...but what parameters would I activate to see that kind of thing on the JB4 interface? Hmmm

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Meth is only enabled when you select map 3. Order boost juice online, M1 meth, or denatured alky from Home Depot. No real economy change with meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah ok...appreciate it Terry...You'll be seeing logs from me soon! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And Oddjob, haha sorry I meant to add you too Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    No I bought the 2.2 gallon tank set up but I mean with the meth that's left over, because I assume they don't sell all the different pre-mixed proportions.

Wouldn't mind it, but dunno how much it would help, plus there's a DIY on n54tech that I've read...just wanted to see if it was the same... Click here to enlarge

I don't know man, I don't think that's completely true...I haven't been speeding any more than before and my MPG gauge basically stays maxed out until 3rd or 4th gear...I guess I'll have to log it to see...but what parameters would I activate to see that kind of thing on the JB4 interface? Hmmm
    ahh i see, well in that case, whatever is left over you should keep in whatever it came out of no? also the proportions you can purchase it in is what terry mentioned, boost juice (49/51 : w/m) or M1 (100% meth) + deionized water. in the latter case you can mix the two to what ever ratio you desire. with boost juice you start off at ~50/50 so by adding pure meth you increase the meth content (which is what most performance junkies desire). also remember when storing meth in any ratio, to keep it out of sunlight and heat, choose a cool dark place.

my trunk shot probably wouldnt help much if there's a true diy for the 5 series but if you'd still like to see it let me know.

btw, where is the mpg gauge on the 5? is it where the oil temp is? fuel has to be on the left under the speedo right? anyway by maxed out you mean least mpg, like pegged to the side of worse mpg? its just doubtful that dps would cause this, unless that monitoring system has something to do with the O2 sensors or something. the 3 series doesnt have an mpg analog gauge, just the digital dash one. keep us updated on what you find.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You used to fill up 2-3 weeks LOL, and now almost once a week. LOL don't feel bad, I fill up twice a week. My MPG stayed the same when I had my DPs installed, no difference at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ok...maybe...JUST MAYBE....my foot might have been heavy. lol, I'm not used to it speeding up like that and the throttle response is SO SENSITIVE NOW. I know because I tested it on the drive down to see my parents. I would press the gas, maybe, 10-15% and I would pick up like I used to pushing double that. So oddjob, I apologize, you were right...I was wrong...Click here to enlarge All in all, I love the beast my car is turning out to be! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no problem man, im here to help, and i took no offense. feel free to ask anything else if you have further questions.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I rang into a problem. I looked under the panels on the rear of the trunk (looked the same place as here:http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12472) and there are what looks like harddrives or something under there. And the other side is the battery, so the question is: can I put the meth kit over the battery? I would think it would be a bad idea, and then where would I mount it? I might mount it to the spare tire cover in the back closest to the rear seats, since I don't have fold down seats. Any ideas will help. Thanks!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know what the trunk in a 5 series looks like off hand, but I had a similar conundrum when mounting my tank.

I ended up making a custom mount that was on the right hand side, toward the seats. It's far enough away from the battery, and the hardware under the trunk cover. You shouldn't have any leaks, but you might spill a bit when filling up (I certainly do!), so best to keep away from any electronics.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hworang, is the battery on the drivers side of your trunk? on the 3's its on the passenger side toward the rear, in the little side slots just like you have, above it is a little shelf for misc. items. that little cubby on the drivers side (if your battery is not below it) is a great place to have your meth tank. although you are limited in size, you'll have quite the ease of access. if your seats do not fold down do not place the tank toward the backs of the rear seats, it will be a mission to fill up because you cant tilt the bottle against the top of the trunk. i personally have it behind the passenger side rear seat but only because my seats fold down and i fill up from inside the car.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Over the battery is generally OK provided fluid doesn't have a clear path to it. Fluid won't travel through a plastic cover, for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    So I rang into a problem. I looked under the panels on the rear of the trunk (looked the same place as here:http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12472) and there are what looks like harddrives or something under there. And the other side is the battery, so the question is: can I put the meth kit over the battery? I would think it would be a bad idea, and then where would I mount it? I might mount it to the spare tire cover in the back closest to the rear seats, since I don't have fold down seats. Any ideas will help. Thanks!
    A picture of your trunk and how you are trying to mount would help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A picture of your trunk and how you are trying to mount would help.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I think the pics are pretty self explanatory.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have PDC or Active Cruise?

I don't have those options on the same car, and I don't have that crap in my trunk.
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

Sell me your 535i/xi AR kitless downpipes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    Do you have PDC or Active Cruise?
    I have neither of those...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the pics, it makes things clearer. on the left you seem to have your amp maybe? and some other electronics, on the right is your battery. tough choice :/ from the looks of it, once you remove the panels you can see that just past them, moving in toward the trunk, you have angled side walls. you may want to go with a dual tank set up, put like two 3 or 4 liter tanks on either side, and run then under to a T then to the pump.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was thinking about maybe making a shelf to put the tank above the amp and whatever else is over there, but I dunno if my trunk is tall enough because the mounting bracket for that piece is slanted so I don't know if I have enough room. I was also thinking about mounting it against the back of the seat...but I dunno I feel like that eliminates an awkward portion of my trunk. Balls...I should've just bought a 3 hahaha...I wouldn't mind mounting on top of the battery but that kind of scares me...man this doesn't seem fun, but yeah I might pull of the panels further in the trunk and see what I have...it would be a pain to fill up my tank though if I mounted it under the panels.

I can also take some closer/better pics if needed...just lmk, and thanks for the help.
    Last edited by hworang00; 09-06-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't ther also an option to use the windscreen washer tank for meth storage?
    Is that doable in a 5-series?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is, but I wanted a bigger tank so that I wouldn't have to fill up as much but it looks like I might have to switch to that setup if I can't come up with another option...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You won't have to fill it up that much. My last fill up is going on 2 weeks now. The install is super simple and the hoses are all very short on the 5 series. The bracket is upside down, so it looks stock. I mix just under a gallon at a time, and use a funnel. It takes < 30 seconds to refill the WW tank.

Do you have Logic 7?
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I do...is that going to be an issue?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes....that's what's in your way, the logic 7 amp. You could move that to another location. I think its mounted higher in the trunk on the e90. I don't have that amp in my car, so I have a nice flat trunk wall to wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast