Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Brake help needed!!!!

Hey guys, it's sure been a while since I posted on here ! I have an issue with my brakes.. I first noticed with my rear ones, one day I had 12k to go until they needed to be replaced as let my sensor, then after 1k driving it said 8k then dropped to 5 k.. I thought wtf and took it to the dealer and they replaced them, I figured maybe they wore faster? Now my front brakes read 17k two months ago! Yet three weeks ago they dropped to 6k!!!? Now they say 4k.. Are my sensors going? Or are my brakes wearing that fast? Do I need to change them right away or can I wait until they are at zero? I'm curious how 17k goes to 4k in 2 k worth of driving... I just can't afford brakes tomorrow so I'm hoping to wait a few months. Please let me know if you have had this issue before!
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw I mean 17000 k

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow.. No help guys???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can easily wait until they hit zero. Just don't plan a big road trip after that, nor would you want to go to a track.
    Brakes should not wear out in this rate. Normally these indicators react to applied driving style for their prediction. Did you particated in a autocross or visited a track?
    Your rims would be black with brakedust daily if it did wear out this fast.
    You can visually check that.
    Do the disks seem worn? You can check that by looking at the edge of the disks...
    Do.they have deep grooves?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    moved

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If i remember right, there was a software upgrade or something that BMW did to fix a similar issue. I remember reading a thread on "the other" forum where someone had a similar problem as you. Try to do some googling to see if you can dig something up. Are your pads actually wearing or does it seem like a computer/sensor malfunction? If i stumble across it, ill link it in this thread.
    2008 BSM 335i coupe - JB4, BMS intake, meth : Weekend warrior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by indy99gpgt Click here to enlarge
    If i remember right, there was a software upgrade or something that BMW did to fix a similar issue. I remember reading a thread on "the other" forum where someone had a similar problem as you. Try to do some googling to see if you can dig something up. Are your pads actually wearing or does it seem like a computer/sensor malfunction? If i stumble across it, ill link it in this thread.
    Yeah, I remember that too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would check for software updates as said above, if the dealer wants to charge you look for a shop like ourselves that has the autologic, it allows us to update the latest BMW software, and isolate particular modules.

Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the car does is take an educated guess as to when your brakes need service. As the car gets closer to it's inspection time, you might want to take a little gander at the pad wear yourself and see how they are holding up. If the pads are doing fine, keep on rocking until they're actually due for a change. If you wait too long and have one of your wear sensors tell you it's time for a cahnge, you'll have to replace the wear sensor as well. The sensors are about $20-$30 dollars though, so not a huge issue.