Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE:

OK here we go! Work has started late but everything is out ready for TMS kit and other parts to go in! Pics........

Up on the lift and everything removed, subframe, drive shaft etc....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Cracked to crap GUIBO.........
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Test fitting TMS Plates, ,ore pics to come on this later......
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

EURO SPEC ALL THE WAY Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

More updates coming in a few hours
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Keep it coming... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Keep it coming... Click here to enlarge
    Will do Bro Click here to enlarge going to the garage in 30 mins.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with KHOALTY personally but people seem to say nothing but good things.
    Khoa always take care of his customers! Take my example, I am thousands of miles away and he has never let me down! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Khoa always take care of his customers! Take my example, I am thousands of miles away and he has never let me down! Click here to enlarge
    If you are happy with him that is all I need to hear, Khoalty sounds like a great vendor and will be recommended in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE:

Drive Shaft removed and now its time to change the center bearing bracket..........

Click here to enlarge

OLD center bearing bracket
    Click here to enlarge
    New Vs Old center bearing bracket
    Click here to enlarge

New Bearing bracket being installed and finished results......
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Fuel tank removed for safety reason.........
    Click here to enlarge

Old Cracked Guibo
    Click here to enlarge

Old Vs New Guibo
    Click here to enlarge

Under seal being taken off and prepped for welding.....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Full rear end including carrier pulled and was disassembled so we can remove the diff and install the new diff cover and bush
    Click here to enlarge

Front diff bush
    Click here to enlarge

New Vs Old Diff bolt (the one on the left is the old one)
    Click here to enlarge

Diffs out
    Click here to enlarge

One of the half shafts lookin good
    Click here to enlarge

My Love on the lift with no rear end! Click here to enlarge She should be done soon......
    Click here to enlarge

As its the weekend in Bahrain (Fri, Sat) no more updates will Sat morning. Its so hot and humid I'm losing a good bit of sweat/weight while helping the Fella's out!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

By the way guys i have decided not to swap the OEM Subframe bushes for the Power Flex ones as my OEMs are perfectly fine and don't need replacing. My car is a street car and NOT a track car and only see's F1 Track action 3 times a year which is NON COMPETITIVE.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    By the way guys i have decided not to swap the OEM Subframe bushes for the Power Flex ones as my OEMs are perfectly fine and don't need replacing. My car is a street car and NOT a track car and only see's F1 Track action 3 times a year which is NON COMPETITIVE.
    I see, but you also plan on supercharging with the ESS kit, correct? So why not take the opportunity to do it now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I see, but you also plan on supercharging with the ESS kit, correct? So why not take the opportunity to do it now?
    They will only make a difference on cars with Subframe bushes already worn out/ On mine its a big hassle to remove them Bro and mine look BRAND NEW! I dont wana waste any more energy in this heat! You dont understand how hot and humid it is! Any way now that my guys have removed the subframe they are saying thats its easy for them to change out and EVERYONE tried to talk me out of changing perfectly good new looking OEM bushes. So yeah the OEM will stay for now. I will use the PF ones on a new project I might start in the end of this month! You will love this new one! Its gona be a BIGGY!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

They will only make a difference on cars with Subframe bushes already worn out/ On mine its a big hassle to remove them Bro and mine look BRAND NEW! I dont wana waste any more energy in this heat! You dont understand how hot and humid it is! Any way now that my guys have removed the subframe they are saying thats its easy for them to change out and EVERYONE tried to talk me out of changing perfectly good new looking OEM bushes. So yeah the OEM will stay for now. I will use the PF ones on a new project I might start in the end of this month! You will love this new one! Its gona be a BIGGY!
    I do not doubt the heat and humidity, not a bit.

If the OEM looks like new, don't see a reason to change, makes sense.

Care to share any details about this new project?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

nice updates!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I do not doubt the heat and humidity, not a bit.

If the OEM looks like new, don't see a reason to change, makes sense.

Care to share any details about this new project?
    I will share when its confirmed Brother. Hopefully next week.....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    nice updates!
    Thanks, Will do more updates on Saturday, right now i wana enjoy the Air conditioned surroundings im in! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

The Bloody Mag machine broke and the parts are not available in Bahrain so hopefully they are available in Saudi and HOPEFULLY we'll get the good news and I'll go and get the parts so we can continue doing the TMS reinforcement.

For the time being i forgot to tell the driver to take the Subframe carrier to the machine shop to punch out the front diff bush and replace it with the new one so we set to work on replacing the diff cover. BMW earlier used an asbestos containing gasket which has now been discontinued and RTV Silicone is recommended to seal the diff. So we used the best known RTV silicone in BAHRAIN (im not bloody kidding either!) TOYOTA RTV SILICONE!

Here are the pics..........

Just got one piece done before the machine broke. The welding was not THAT neat cos the machine was malfunctioning but the welder will clean it up Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Diff cover removed! Notice the crap left by the old OEM Gasket.......
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Some gunk i found in the old diff cover, Notice the cracked through bushes!
    Click here to enlarge

Cleaning the diff to make it ready for the RTV Silicone.....
    Click here to enlarge

Applying the silicone........
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

All done!
    Click here to enlarge

Tomorrow i get the old front diff bush punched out and new one punched in! Click here to enlarge

more to come..........
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Well the Mig wleding machine broke half way through during the weldng of the first plate so the Owner of the garage said we can do TIG welding as well whic is what TMS install directions say, so work is continuing. I will have more pics today.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Well the Mig wleding machine broke half way through during the weldng of the first plate so the Owner of the garage said we can do TIG welding as well whic is what TMS install directions say, so work is continuing. I will have more pics today.
    Just wanted to say you do an excellent job updating threads with pics and details, thanks Ejaz.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Just wanted to say you do an excellent job updating threads with pics and details, thanks Ejaz.
    My Pleasure Brother! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE:

Diff is back into its home and new bolts were used all around. You can also see the new front diff bush housed in its location with the new bolt.....
    Also, The subframe carrier assembly is also almost completed assembled..........
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The TMS kit is done, the welding and grinding have all been done and
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

My fearless welder!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Before they were about to do the last bit for the carrier and arms re-assembly i remembered RTAB's!!!!!!!! I had RE V2's and they were fine until after wards they developed a knocking sound, the thing is for 2 years no one was able to find that it was the RTAB's untila few weeks ago! The grease the other guys used had melted away or disappeared due to the extreme heat here so i set about finding Copper Grease. I found some and Liquioeeieie moly or whatever their called! Brother's i tell you I super coated the crap out of the new RTAB's as i decided to switch to softer Powerflex RTAB's. My RE V2's are just fine and i cleaned them up and packed them up nice and neat for the future Click here to enlarge Here are the pics..........

liiqquiiiquqiquqiquq Moly Copper Paste/grease
    Click here to enlarge

Removing RE RTAB's
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Installing copper goo covered RTAB's LOL! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Both L + R PF RTAB's installed and super copper grease coated!
    Click here to enlarge

More to come tomorrow Click here to enlarge

BY THE WAY TEMPS WERE AT 125f with HOT WIND! FMYLIFE!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

125f?

I'm guessing you guys basically need Air Conditioning to survive? How the hell do people live there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

125f?

I'm guessing you guys basically need Air Conditioning to survive? How the hell do people live there?
    We work somehow bro! The garage is not air conditioned as it will cost a fortune but we have super strong fans etc. More pics coming as i'm headed to the garage right now. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

OK Guys I forgot my camera at home today so here is just one pic from today with the rear carrier all installed.........

Forgot i had these pics of the finished TMS reinforcement kit.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

More to come tomorrow with coilover install.....
    Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 07-15-2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: More pics added
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The progress looks strong. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope you get your baby back on the road quickly.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    The progress looks strong. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope you get your baby back on the road quickly.
    Thanks Bro. I still have the part inside the trunk to do.....It'll be started today and be finished by tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you guys did a really good job on that subframe reinforcement, cant even tell it was done.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    you guys did a really good job on that subframe reinforcement, cant even tell it was done.
    Thanks Bro! Click here to enlarge

More to come soon...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Inside the boot we started cutting open the area as shown in the TMS instructions....

Marking and cutting the area......
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The OEM welds opened and removed......
    Click here to enlarge

All welded up and sealed............
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Finishing up the welding.....
    Click here to enlarge

Ok The find of the day was that there were 2 spot welds below the OEM welds that had come loose! The start of the dreaded BMW SUB FRAME cracking issue was going to happen in another 10000km maybe? My crazy welder did an amazing job by drilling out those spot welds and re-welding everything really really well so its nice and strong now! Click here to enlarge

Coilovers Install next!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast