Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Cool Drivetrain maintenance & suspension upgrade time along with some other updates

Ok Boys n Girls, here's the latest on my E46 M3. Ordered a lot of parts for the car to improve handling and drivetrain.

The problem was i was having knocking sounds coming from the back so we decided to put the car up and inspect the subframe. NO CRACKS. So inspected the drive shaft and the GUIBO was cracked big time and so were the diff bushings. So we decided to order the following parts:

New Diff cover with OEM bushings
    Front diff bushing
    Guibo
    Drive shaft center bearing and bracket
    Powerflex Subframe bushings (yellow compound)
    TMS subframe reinforcement kit (might as well as the subframe is out)
    E46 Strut tower reinforcement plates
    Rogue Engineering rear spring perch's
    MRTM Oil Filter cover
    Ground Control Street/school Coilover kit with camber plates and RSMs

The car will also be getting a refreshing paint job, it'll be JB like original but with SPECIAL BLACK so it'll be nice and deep.

Along with the above i will be installing my AP headers and RT cats. My car is EURO SPEC so it will be interesting to see how much more power i can squeeze out of it with this setup.
    I will post pictures as the parts start arriving. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sounds great and like you are strengthening all the right points of the E46 M3.

Definitely looking forward to the pics!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yeah bro i thought it was about time to get it done and done right! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

in for pics! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Parts all ordered and just waiting for them now. As soon as they arrive i'll take detailed pics and start the work Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Some parts started Arriving:
    TMS rear reinforcement kit
    Click here to enlarge
    OEM Headers Hardware
    Click here to enlarge
    TMS strut tower reinforcement plates
    Click here to enlarge
    Guibo
    Click here to enlarge

More to come as a part for the center bearing bracket is on US National Back order.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ Who is installing this for you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Who is installing this for you?
    One of the local celebrity Rally Driver Work shop Click here to enlarge I'll help as much as I can depending on time but I will be there taking pics etc....

This guys makes FIA Approved Roll cages for Rally's etc so im sure this will be a piece of cake (he's already done 2 similar jobs through me) Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently did nearly everything on your list, and let me tell you, your car is going to feel AMAZING when it's all done! ROCK SOLID!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why the front strut tower reinforcements? You didn't get camber plates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I recently did nearly everything on your list, and let me tell you, your car is going to feel AMAZING when it's all done! ROCK SOLID!!
    Yeah Bro! I cant wait! The car doesnt feel planted! I will also get some new tires, probably Nitto Invo's.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Why the front strut tower reinforcements? You didn't get camber plates?
    I DID get camber plates with the GC's The tower inforcments are for extra safety i guess.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:
    Ok So had the car up on the lift to try and identify the knocking and creaking sounds coming from the rear. After a lot of fiddling around the chassis mechanic at the bodyshop found out the noise was coming from the RTAB area. I have the RE V2 RTAB's and greased them properly with copper grease before i installed them, So what we will do on saturday is I will bring the PF RTABs I might have a set at home and install those and see if the noise goes away. Will keep you all updated as the rest of the parts are still waiting to be shipped as one small part is on back order from Germany.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ Thank you for the update Click here to enlarge Hope it all goes well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Any time Bro! If it wasnt for the delayed part i would have finished this project already!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY! The knocking and creaking that has been driving me and my passengers crazy has gone! OH MY GOD, Today after 2.5 Years i drove my car form the garage to my house and was so happy! The problem was so simple and silly! LUBE THE RTAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather is very hot here so im guessing even though i coated the RTABs in plenty of grease it disappeared. We just super lubed the RTABs with the same grease used for wheel bearings! Click here to enlarge

More to come once i get all the parts.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Also ordered a reverse camera! Click here to enlarge Will be doing a DIY for it if it works Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

DIY for that camera would be great, please do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Ok Fellas The rest of the parts are on the way. Thanks to TISCHER.

Should be here by this week or latest next week and i"ll start with the job.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Sorry for the delay Fella's but im still waiting for parts to come in from TISCHER. I hope they come in by Monday cos I really wana get the car done.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ No problem, we will still be here. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Misc Bolts, nuts and hardware.......
    Click here to enlarge

Center bearing bracket....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

New OEM Diff cover with Bushes installed........
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

More to come tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I have MYCARR AE's on my car for a year or so now and they are 5-6k color with matching HID Bulbs. As the E46 m3 ages gracefully i feel we need to go back to the OEM look in some cases. Khoa at KHOALTY is a very close friend and a good business man and we often do business together. I often got inquiries from my customers for OEM 3k yellow colored LED Angel eyes and finally KHOALTY came to the rescue by releasing their new yellow AE's.

My car being black i also felt going away from the OEM HID color and going a bit JDM with 3000k colored HID bulbs to match the 3K LED AE's. I got me a set of those from KHOALTY as well as I have been using his 5K bulbs on my car for 3 years! Click here to enlarge

Here are some pics of the new 3000k AE's:
    Nice packaging and wiring harness that comes with everything you need to install the new AE's
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

New replaceable clip design which makes fitting on car with Bi-Xenon more easier and more flush inside the headlight reflector housings.
    Click here to enlarge

Here are the AE Rings with 70+ LEDs......Notice the silver backing on the rings
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I am a very picky person and I have never been disappointed with KHOALTY's products and service. I will be installing these in the coming days as well and will post pics immediately Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 07-04-2010 at 02:48 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with KHOALTY personally but people seem to say nothing but good things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast