Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i ran my car about 15 times in a row with out taking a break for cooling off to get my 60 foot down i was the only car running here is 2 more slips.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Regarding your trap speeds;if you're spinning on the launch your trap speeds will be higher than if you dead hooked&had a proper 60' time. Your car is fast but from my first hand experience owning a healthy running E55 bought new from the dealer I can tell you that it is not in the same leauge power wise. I have a stack of slips from Island back from '05/06 when I had the 55 and all runs were in the summer. My times ranged from 12.4-12.9 with 114-116 traps. The 55 will pull a $#@!load of timing once the IAT's start to climb.

Im not busting your balls bro;just don't base ALL E55 performance on the couple of cars that you have ran and beaten. Ive personally witnessed 2 different bonestock E55's run 11.8&12.0 at 117-118mph respectively all day long at track rentals in good air&I can 100%guaranty your car is NOWHERE close to running those times w the same good air&track prep..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Regarding your trap speeds;if you're spinning on the launch your trap speeds will be higher than if you dead hooked&had a proper 60' time. Your car is fast but from my first hand experience owning a healthy running E55 bought new from the dealer I can tell you that it is not in the same leauge power wise. I have a stack of slips from Island back from '05/06 when I had the 55 and all runs were in the summer. My times ranged from 12.4-12.9 with 114-116 traps. The 55 will pull a $#@!load of timing once the IAT's start to climb.

Im not busting your balls bro;just don't base ALL E55 performance on the couple of cars that you have ran and beaten. Ive personally witnessed 2 different bonestock E55's run 11.8&12.0 at 117-118mph respectively all day long at track rentals in good air&I can 100%guaranty your car is NOWHERE close to running those times w the same good air&track prep..
    I know i do not claim to be faster than E55's i know how fast they are and how fast they can be i just speak from my experience with bad driver or unhealthy car if you hear i was very excited i was able to pull on E55 i though i was going to get raped. But since the IC pump is such a common issue i will have more goes at E55 AMG.
    I wish they made more performance parts for my car like long tube headers, SC but nothing out for this engine yet so i am very limited, maybe if i run 150 shot i can get in to high 11's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Watched this and can't make any sense of it. The E55 should be pulling, not the other way around. I do not get it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Watched this and can't make any sense of it. The E55 should be pulling, not the other way around. I do not get it.
    i got a factory beast! i dunno how slow do E55 AMG become with bad IC pump ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    No idea man, but 4 MPH in trap lost would be a huge hit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I tend to agree

they will lose 50-60whp easy as the sc will dis-engage to protect the engine

No idea man, but 4 MPH in trap lost would be a huge hit.
    exactly....

For reference....here is a video just posted....

E55 w upgraded pump and heat exchanger vs Active Autowerk SC 1.5 M3. The E55 is stock minus the cooling changes

Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting I heard his SC whine every run on the last one he pulled harder than 2 previous runs wouldn't be other way around ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting I heard his SC whine every run on the last one he pulled harder than 2 previous runs wouldn't be other way around ?
    sc is belt driven....and its odd that you heard it as the stock sc is not that loud from outside the car.

if he pulled more the last run, its almost certain he has a bad pump then. The cars heat soak badly. His first run would have been the best. If his last run was pulling harder, then the car was trying to cool itself and eventually hit a temp where either the sc started to engage or the timing wasn't pulled as hard.
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    sc is belt driven....and its odd that you heard it as the stock sc is not that loud from outside the car.

if he pulled more the last run, its almost certain he has a bad pump then. The cars heat soak badly. His first run would have been the best. If his last run was pulling harder, then the car was trying to cool itself and eventually hit a temp where either the sc started to engage or the timing wasn't pulled as hard.
    don't know mystery i thought 1st run would be best since car is still cold and last would be slowest because now the car gained heat, anyways he claims it was his driving waiting for his friend to be a driver now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    don't know mystery i thought 1st run would be best since car is still cold and last would be slowest because now the car gained heat, anyways he claims it was his driving waiting for his friend to be a driver now.
    $#@!,tell homey to throw me the keys&I'll show him how its done Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    The cars heat soak badly. His first run would have been the best.
    Yep....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    $#@!,tell homey to throw me the keys&I'll show him how its done Click here to enlarge
    ill pass it on to him. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep....

but it was the other way around 3rd run was his best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a stock E55 will lose around 20-30whp on the dyno with back to back to back runs easily...
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so here is my math...

clk550 370WHP 380WTQ 3600LBS
    E55 AMG 410WHP 465WTQ 4000LBS every 100LBS is what 10whp? so we are at -40WHP BAD IC pump -65WHP that brings it to 305 WHP.... if it was 305 WHP i would put 10 cars on it not .5-1....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the Excuse E55 defenders used on MBworld that the driver does not know how to drive an automatic =D
    i spoke to the driver again he said he was in D S mode ESP off i was in 3rd gear we rolled between 30-40 MPH -130
    Why didn't you launch in 2nd? Does your car break loose at your power level when you take off in 2nd at those speeds?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so here is my math...

clk550 370WHP 380WTQ 3600LBS
    E55 AMG 410WHP 465WTQ 4000LBS every 100LBS is what 10whp? so we are at -40WHP BAD IC pump -65WHP that brings it to 305 WHP.... if it was 305 WHP i would put 10 cars on it not .5-1....
    I'll inject some perspective: My stock C63 on a Mustang dyno, put down 348 whp and 342 wtq. That was 3 consistent runs in a row. It was on 91 octane.

I ran the car one night on an 1/8 mile track. I made 3 runs. Two runs I hit 1.90 and 1.9x 60' on street tires. The last run was weak and I had like a 2.1 or something bad like that 60'.

My best 1/8 mile ET and trap of the night was 8.18 @ 88 mph. I ran at Irwindale and DA was around +700 ft. I believe.

So, comparing my known whp/wtq and my 1/8 mile times to yours, it's kind of hard to believe your car is making more power, considering my car weighed more than 300 lbs more than yours.

Btw, I think your car is fast and has good potential. Before I read about your results I had no idea how quick your model was. Now I know. I think a lot has to do with the weight. 3600 lbs isn't too heavy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gonna go to atco next week let's see what I run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For sure! I hope you have fun and get some good runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gonna go to atco next week let's see what I run.
    That is going to be interesting!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just ran a car that did 13.0 flat 30-110 I put 5 cars on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ET doesnt mean anything at all. I went to the track with supercharged E92 M3's and had better ET's than them and they would RAPE me on the highway, its about trap speed. That car probably had good traction with a slow ET for you to pull that hard. When are we going to run? Given you beat E55's I feel we'd have a good run, let me know were not too far from eachother

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the problem i have running at the track is that between 1st and 2nd i have this huge LAG like a delay that's the only gear that's why i don't run faster time but on highway rolls im always above 1st gear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast