Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for all the kind words. This deal is truly amazing, we want to supercharge some M3 before Bimmerstock comes around in the East Coast. As for the DCT question, we are proud to announce that we now have the DCT software. The DCT can easily handle the kit, the only DCT issue we had was with sticky's car, but his transmission wasn't that strong to start with. We do not have any 0-100 times, because it is pretty difficult to get good numbers from 0-100 when they are supercharged. Drew did some good numbers before we made some changes to the kit. I believe he ran a 7.0-7.1 on his 60-130.

The stage 2+ kit comes with water/meth and sure you can run it on a stock car. We usually recommend to add atleast an Xpipe to free air flow.
    DCT software included or separate? Jeremy was telling me his control of the DCT is pretty good and he can almost do anything with it even at this time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Raz, I had this conversation with ESS crew about how a software can prevent overheating but didn't get to somewhere.
    They can't prevent an overheat with software, they can just raise the limit where the ECU triggers the overheat. You need to address the hardware AND software to properly fix the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    im probably getting ahead of myself, but if my car is "totalled" im jumpin on this now, before i even get the check for a new car (was just rear-ended, and dont actually think its gonna be totalled, but ive seen bimmers with less/equal damage, get written-off.. fingers crossed Click here to enlarge ) sorry to jack, but you can see i want this kit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

well LM, i surely hope you get a check and pick up an m3. i'm really thinking about getting rid of my 335i and picking up a used m3. last question....does the car need to be tuned on a dyno or could the ecu just be sent in? i ask because we have no dyno's where i live without shipping the car. teri

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maui86 Click here to enlarge
    well LM, i surely hope you get a check and pick up an m3. i'm really thinking about getting rid of my 335i and picking up a used m3. last question....does the car need to be tuned on a dyno or could the ecu just be sent in? i ask because we have no dyno's where i live without shipping the car. teri
    It can be done without a dyno although the tune will be much more conservative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    would be nice to get a Gintani car in my booth for Bimmerstock....help you out and you help me out, know what Im sayin Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They can't prevent an overheat with software, they can just raise the limit where the ECU triggers the overheat. You need to address the hardware AND software to properly fix the problem.
    Sticky, I am assuming you have some software (know of the hardware) - does it only raise the overheat limit, or does it also modulate the clutch disengagement/engagement to "soften" the shifts so the extra power doesn't cause as much issue? I guess softening the shift would cause more damage than keeping it quick/clean - but am not sure. Just kind of curious if they attacked other issues on the software side of things.

Also, would a car with Stage 1 or 2 have issues if the car was going to be tracked often? What kind of oil and water temperature increases (above stock) are you guys seeing after a good beating?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I am assuming you have some software (know of the hardware) - does it only raise the overheat limit, or does it also modulate the clutch disengagement/engagement to "soften" the shifts so the extra power doesn't cause as much issue? I guess softening the shift would cause more damage than keeping it quick/clean - but am not sure. Just kind of curious if they attacked other issues on the software side of things.

Also, would a car with Stage 1 or 2 have issues if the car was going to be tracked often? What kind of oil and water temperature increases (above stock) are you guys seeing after a good beating?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    This software that OE Tuning developed was completely independent from my car. I have not experienced it yet but obviously it will be a focal point now in my build.

Early on, they raised certain limits. What they are capable of doing now, I do not know. The way it was presented to me was impressive but I have not tested it myself to confirm.

Modulating the clutch engagement is really done by the fluid pressure of the line. You can only do that so much to increase clamping force. You aren't necessary increasing shift speed each time but allowing the clutch discs to grip harder which is nice at higher HP levels. You do wear your discs faster though.

You will have issues with the stock car if tracking. The stock DCT cooler is a J O K E.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You wont have any problems tracking the car. Paul Walker's M3 had the stage 2 kit in their, It is a track car. It held up really strong and broke many records/numbers. His car has been running the kit (stage 2) for 2 years, and now hes moving up to the stage 3 kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani Click here to enlarge
    You wont have any problems tracking the car. Paul Walker's M3 had the stage 2 kit in their, It is a track car. It held up really strong and broke many records/numbers. His car has been running the kit (stage 2) for 2 years, and now hes moving up to the stage 3 kit.
    he is going to like the Stage 3
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    he is going to like the Stage 3
    I want stage 3... Wonder If I can buy shokris motor and kit and put it in my balt... Click here to enlarge now that would be interesting lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, then a dct equipped m3 is very attractive to jump ship to. Even the 6mt would be fun. LM, since you experienced both upped n54 snails and sc m3, what do you prefer?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ive always preffered an m3 over a 335. and ive always preferred s/c over turbo's, for me its a no-brainer/ but i do love the RB's
    dec 21 2012 is not the end of the world, its coming much much sooner Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dec 21 2012 is not the end of the world, its coming much much sooner Click here to enlarge
    Haha so I should jump ship now then. Did you go dct or 6mt? And what super charger/stage?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DCT of course! As for which S/C.. Do you expect me to come out without guns blazing Click here to enlarge

I always root for the "underdog" and by underdog i mean the provider that may not have the strongest online presnce but shows the performance where it matters, and not on paper/computer screen Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    soo.... VF? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    omit first guess...i'm betting AA.. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    omit first guess...i'm betting AA.. haha
    I think he is going to try to go Gintani but these are all good options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think he is going to try to go Gintani but these are all good options.
    either way, he'll be happy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hes going with no other supercharger than the Gintani lol, it has his name written all over it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    hes going with no other supercharger than the Gintani lol, it has his name written all over it!
    I think this guy might be onto something Click here to enlarge

Wait til early next year fellas.....Im currently working out some ideas with Jeremy and Alex, and we might end up being a more local certified install location compared to Poughkeepsie Click here to enlarge

I cant say much more due to my current work environment right now, but there is a good chance I will be splitting off to do my own thing in February/March of next year....and this is going to be one of my feature presentations Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    this is going to be one of my feature presentations Click here to enlarge
    yes...just ONE of them Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yes...just ONE of them Click here to enlarge
    1 of, but also THE baddest.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1 of, but also THE baddest.... Click here to enlarge
    there is an iron block LSX telling me otherwise Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yep...march is when it will all end....the spirit of vengeance will rise from the fiery pits of hell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    let me know when a bossted s65 (nos or no nos) can do this and then i will concede Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast