Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question S54 pump and boost

Okay, so it's no question that cars always perform better on better quality fuel I.e. Meth, c 16,ect.. When they can take advantage of it, and I see how well the s54 does with race gas and methanol, and I just wonder if some of those same numbers of whp can be obtained through straight pump 93 octane I.e. 700 whp on pump, I can understand a number of reasons why like BMPE pressures, piston speed, unadjustable tune option like knock sensor, or even just for safty of the motor, just a little thought I have that I hope some one can shine some light on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can definitely put out 700whp on pump gas if i want to, normally though im closer to 650-680whp on 91oct. You're going to need roughly about 20psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Honestly, you are going to need a built motor and then some for 700 whp on pump.

You are realistically shooting for the mid 500's on pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, this definitely requires a built motor, a solid fueling system and very good tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cool, I definatly know it requires a very good tune and built motor, I just havent heard of someone doing that honestly, just wondering if it could be done on this particular motor, without drastic changes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3D3von Click here to enlarge
    cool, I definatly know it requires a very good tune and built motor, I just havent heard of someone doing that honestly, just wondering if it could be done on this particular motor, without drastic changes
    $30+k is drastic Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3D3von Click here to enlarge

Drastic changes meaning? You will need a fully built motor, nice size turbo and a good tune for sure. Also it helps to have a manual boost controller with tuning that targets a specific AFR (like my setup). Those are the minimums.