Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ugh - trashy neighbors!

My street has very good people in it, but recently one of the houses has become a rental, and somehow a bunch of trailer trash have moved in and are literally causing chaos. First, they set up their BBQ on the front lawn, and frequently congregate there playing loud gangsta rap music, shout, swear, and when the dogs are tied up, they are attached to cinder blocks. Unfortunately, the dogs are normally let loose and run around at large. They must be unemployed, since they are always there, and have other undesirables visiting in their non-roadworthy vehicles.

This is totally out of character for our neighborhood.

They also have young kids, both of which are tear-away types .. the older (about 9) goes up and down the street beating the crap out of lamp posts with a wooden stick, and is apparently bullying other kids - he stops other cars and swears at them. They both cycle up and down on other peoples lawns, leaving bike trails on the nice grass. He was even wearing a t-shirt with the f-word on the back!

I've let it go until now (I usually live and let live) but when I got home today, my wife told me the older kid was throwing grass on her car, and beating the hood. Naturally I flipped, and went storming out the house hoping to confront one of the trashy men that live there.

Unfortunately, I got the kids apparent mother, so gave her an earful instead. Surprisingly she was very civil, polite, and actually apologized .. she claimed the kids are not hers, and she was just taking care of him while the guardian (Grandfather) was in hospital. She promised me she would keep the kids off my property, and leave our vehicles alone when they are parked in the street. Result. Probably.

Now I'm fully expecting to have our property egged or vandalized when we are not around.

My other neighbors are at their wits end, and one even promised to 'take care of it', hinting at somewhat non-legal measures .. LOL. For now, he's put a motion cam out of his window, covering both our properties, so we have some evidence if bad stuff occurs.

I live in an 'ok' part of Calgary, but since we moved here, I've noticed it's starting to take a turn down the slippery slope; so when we get back from vacation in Florida, we're going to throw the house on the market and move to a nicer part of the city.

Ugh .. sorry wanted to vent to the good folk on Bimmerboost Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats some BS. THats the one thing that scares me about doing investment properties...scumbags that move in and just drop the neighborhood down to crap..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Thats some BS. THats the one thing that scares me about doing investment properties...scumbags that move in and just drop the neighborhood down to crap..
    Yup .. for about 5 minutes, we thought about buying a second property, and renting our current home out .. but the idea of having to deal with bad tenants is not appealing.

Obviously, lots of good renters out there, but it's a bit of a minefield.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I once had an issue with some neighbors; We had a great set up and no one would ever make a fuss when we would have a get together. About 3 years ago we had our next door neighbors move away and a seemingly nice couple with a young child move in. This would be the worst thing to happen to me and my family. Not only would we get the police called on us on Superbowl Sunday. We would also get them called at twelve o'clock in the afternoon when having small BBQ's. She would claim her son was napping and we would wake him up with our "loud" music. Every time the cops would come they would say "Sorry to bug you guys but one of your neighbors, who would like to remain autonomous (BULL$#@!) has a young child and is trying to sleep, but I honestly cant even hear your music.. Have a nice day/night" That horrid family finally moved and my Dad was ecstatic when he saw the movers, he called me and said "YOU WONT BELIEVE IT, THE $#@! IS LEAVING!!" lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    this is what I would do...

go to a local costume shop and buy some deranged bloodridden murderer outfit.

go to home depot and buy a chainsaw

go to publix and buy chocolate milk and red food coloring

make a cup full of fake blood and keep it with you, in a cup

lie in wait for however long it takes until the kid comes outside, preferrably at night.

make sure no one else is looking, hide behind your car and let him come to you

pop out, take the cup of blood and thrash it in his face, run after him with the chainsaw, it doesnt have to be running but it would be nice if it was...

tell him you know who he is and you like his face

he will never bother you again
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    honestly its part the landlords fault for not doing the due diligence to properly screen the people that are renting the property from them. The people you are describing seem like they are prime suspects for not paying their rent on time or even at all....so while your taking a risk i bet the landlord probably is as well.....if people are not used to screening their tenants they have management companies that for a small fee screen anyone trying to rent the property and they usually do a great job a screening out the garbage like you were describing...plus people like that see this and those management companies become deterants to the bad tenants and they wont even try to apply....so you get nothing but good people Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    I once had an issue with some neighbors; We had a great set up and no one would ever make a fuss when we would have a get together. About 3 years ago we had our next door neighbors move away and a seemingly nice couple with a young child move in. This would be the worst thing to happen to me and my family. Not only would we get the police called on us on Superbowl Sunday. We would also get them called at twelve o'clock in the afternoon when having small BBQ's. She would claim her son was napping and we would wake him up with our "loud" music. Every time the cops would come they would say "Sorry to bug you guys but one of your neighbors, who would like to remain autonomous (BULL$#@!) has a young child and is trying to sleep, but I honestly cant even hear your music.. Have a nice day/night" That horrid family finally moved and my Dad was ecstatic when he saw the movers, he called me and said "YOU WONT BELIEVE IT, THE $#@! IS LEAVING!!" lol
    I hate people like that but glad they moved and left you the hell alone. Some $#@!ing $#@!s have nothing better do with their time than make everyone else as miserable as they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    honestly its part the landlords fault for not doing the due diligence to properly screen the people that are renting the property from them. The people you are describing seem like they are prime suspects for not paying their rent on time or even at all....so while your taking a risk i bet the landlord probably is as well.....if people are not used to screening their tenants they have management companies that for a small fee screen anyone trying to rent the property and they usually do a great job a screening out the garbage like you were describing...plus people like that see this and those management companies become deterants to the bad tenants and they wont even try to apply....so you get nothing but good people Click here to enlarge
    It isn't a flawless system. I've rented to people with good credit before whom had everything check out but later on they because a nightmare to deal with.

I'm sure the owner did not expect this turn of events and there is not much you can do unless they start breaking laws/codes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    this is what I would do...

go to a local costume shop and buy some deranged bloodridden murderer outfit.

go to home depot and buy a chainsaw

go to publix and buy chocolate milk and red food coloring

make a cup full of fake blood and keep it with you, in a cup

lie in wait for however long it takes until the kid comes outside, preferrably at night.

make sure no one else is looking, hide behind your car and let him come to you

pop out, take the cup of blood and thrash it in his face, run after him with the chainsaw, it doesnt have to be running but it would be nice if it was...

tell him you know who he is and you like his face

he will never bother you again
    HAHAHAH! That would def make him stop and never mess around there again!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since I had a few choice words with them, the kid has not been anywhere near my property, and they have at least suspended their trashy activities for now.

I have absolutely no problem with neighbors, so long as they keep off my property, keep their own front yards tidy, and realize there is other music out there beside gangsta rap (seriously seems to be the only stuff people listen to in Calgary .. must be compensating for something .. LOL)
    ~