Close

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Rendering of the BMW F32 4-series cabrio/convertible + new chassis designations

    This rendering is courtesy of Auto Motor Und Sport. Yes, you read correctly, BMW 4 series. Get used to the idea as BMW will be putting sedans into odd numbers and coupes into even numbers. Why? They were bored we guess and kind of a shame to throw away the 3 series tradition. Regardless, the 4 series coupe will be an F32. We reported the new chassis designations earlier but here they are again:

    F30 - 3 series sedan
    F31 - 3 series touring/wagon
    F32 - 4 series coupe
    F33 - 4 series convertible/cabriolet
    F34 - 3 series GT
    F35 - 4 series 4 door coupe

    Get used to them.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-4-Series-vert
    Repost. This one was posted at 3:46 p.m.




    lol Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm sick of bimmer right now $#@!! MB or Audi here I come............

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't really care what kind of caars they make. I stopped liking the new cars after the x6. I'll stick to my e46 m3 for a while. I love that car!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    so what are they gonna call the M version, M4? It's idiotic to get rid of M3 name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    120
    Rep Points
    364.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I'm sick of bimmer right now $#@!! MB or Audi here I come............
    Hasn't Audi been doing the same? Hence A5 and A4 and A5 sportback and etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    so what are they gonna call the M version, M4? It's idiotic to get rid of M3 name.
    hmm, good question.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trojan4evr Click here to enlarge
    Hasn't Audi been doing the same? Hence A5 and A4 and A5 sportback and etc
    You are right, the difference is that they are coming out with better and better unlike bmw. Watering the brand down by bringing fwd cars and all their eco friendly dog$#@!.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    F35 - 4 series 4 door coupe
    Anyone know what this is supposed to look like?
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    ill probably stick with e9x and older bmws x.x
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    This is bull$#@!. Now the 4 series will be sold at a large premium over the 3 series kind of like the 6 series price compared to 5 series pricing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Eh, It was imminent I guess...we had the 1,3,5,6,7 - only room left for the 2 and 4...Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    so what are they gonna call the M version, M4? It's idiotic to get rid of M3 name.
    Exactly, it's stupid.

    BMW is just trying to justify creating more niche models. Now we will get 4 series GT's and 3 series 4 door coupes and any other retarded bull $#@! they can think of.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know what this is supposed to look like?
    No clue.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, it's stupid.

    BMW is just trying to justify creating more niche models. Now we will get 4 series GT's and 3 series 4 door coupes and any other retarded bull $#@! they can think of.
    Most 4 door coupes look good and are practical at the same time. Coming up with one is a good decision.

    I would not like 6 series to be called 5 coupe, and similarly having 3 and 4 series differentiated makes a lot of sense.

    Previously if you had 335i, nobody knew if it was sedan or coupe. That won't be a problem any more.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Most 4 door coupes look good and are practical at the same time. Coming up with one is a good decision.

    I would not like 6 series to be called 5 coupe, and similarly having 3 and 4 series differentiated makes a lot of sense.

    Previously if you had 335i, nobody knew if it was sedan or coupe. That won't be a problem any more.
    I have no problem with CLS style cars and that is a hot segment. The thing is, they can justify creating these billion variants including ones that fail like the 550 GT yet we can't get a CSL or GTS?

    BMW is trying whatever they can to stay ahead of Mercedes and Audi. That is fine, but no more M3 coupe? M4? It just doesn't feel right.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see the 8-series coming back. A real big coupe Gran Tourismo. (not at all the ugly 550 "GT" style...calling that current 5-series GT a GT is so wrong)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    529
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This rendering is courtesy of Auto Motor Und Sport. Yes, you read correctly, BMW 4 series. Get used to the idea as BMW will be putting sedans into odd numbers and coupes into even numbers. Why? They were bored we guess and kind of a shame to throw away the 3 series tradition. Regardless, the 4 series coupe will be an F32. We reported the new chassis designations earlier but here they are again:

    F30 - 3 series sedan
    F31 - 3 series touring/wagon
    F32 - 4 series coupe
    F33 - 4 series convertible/cabriolet
    F34 - 3 series GT
    F35 - 4 series 4 door coupe

    Get used to them.

    >.< I posted before you did, ya slacker....and you closed my thread? Click here to enlarge lol
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    >.< I posted before you did, ya slacker....and you closed my thread? Click here to enlarge lol
    Ronin, I'm sorry, but I already wrote the article and promoted it so it was just easier. You still got your rep for the thread Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    529
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Just messin with ya, man...as long as the news gets out there. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see the 8-series coming back. A real big coupe Gran Tourismo. (not at all the ugly 550 "GT" style...calling that current 5-series GT a GT is so wrong)
    All they need to do is drop the E31 weight and sell it with new engines and technology stuff, nothing else.
    check this, looks awesome.
    Click here to enlarge
    check the killer engine. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •