Close

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Talking Turbo Dynamic Stage 2 turbo upgrade - Enrita Style

Well i came to the last few possible mods to be done on my car Click here to enlarge, starting this thread to future post dynoes and results of the Turbo Dynamic Stage 2 turbos.

I went for TD mostly because of their reputation in turbo solutions, them being based in Europe and as well because they were able to ship this month.
    Also The review and Tests performed on the Ring and Autobahn by E92Fan showed reliability and very good performance.

Price was high but i guess you have to pay for a top notch product. More infos and pictures can be found on E92Fan Thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318749

TD fixed my turbos in around 3 days after payment , really impressive turnaround.

My shop was very impressed about the job done on the turbos and confirmed a top notch approach. Turbos were very well packed and sealed in plastic bags.
    Each turbo had a checklist with all the tests done to it confirming their tolerances.
    Both Turbine and Compressor wheel are upgraded (looks like a TD04) and wastegate assembly has been reworked and looks very sturdy now.

My shop kinda estimated a 260-270 crank hps per turbo to be available on these babies.
    Today my engine will be lifted and oil/water lines measurements done in order to fit new ones .

Well i am extremely excited to see how my car will perform

This is Performance review , i will post before and after dynoes, Performance box results together with logs, videos and comparo to other Stage 3 335i with JB3 and CANProcede

Tuning will be done by GIAC but i will as well try out JB3 upgraded turbos map for comparo .
    I attach couple of bad pictures, more better quality pictures are available on E92Fan thread :
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I look forward to seeing your results! Great for the community that you are doing this.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am subscribed as well. They look like a very well thought out product. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get the numbers you are looking for.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

awesome entrita. beat me to the punch Click here to enlarge i was hoping to be the first on here with a compressor and turbine upgrade (which is what this is right? not a clipped turbine) . i hope you enjoy your new experience, it's going to be a new car man. i think every gear will feel 1 lower.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 04-27-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Thanks all! yes its very exciting! gonna do plenty of of Pbox and dynoes on Street and Meth maps.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

enrita, upon a second read-through, i actually visited the link in your OP. being a member of e90 i remember that thread getting out of hand fast. but i decided to read a couple pages. on the second page, near the bottom i see the back housing which looks like a clipped turbine wheel? that's the TD upgrade? is that stage 1 or something? later on, in page 3, someone compares the back to the ASR prototype. e92fan then quotes TD:
    From Turbo Dynamics -

"Looking at the ASR turbine wheel, they have changed the CHRA (core assembly) for a Garrett CHRA which not only means a lot of machining and probably a welded adaptor ring on the turbine housing. It also means that you would have to change the oil and water lines which I can imagine isn't easy!"

I'm not a turbo expert by any stretch in terms of the design and components, so I'll leave it at that for now! ---

what is the stage 2 upgrade then? don't you think you're over paying a bit for a machined td-04 like you say? the technology just seems a bit old school to justify a premium price.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 04-27-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    enrita, upon a second read-through, i actually visited the link in your OP. being a member of e90 i remember that thread getting out of hand fast. but i decided to read a couple pages. on the second page, near the bottom i see the back housing which looks like a clipped turbine wheel? that's the TD upgrade? is that stage 1 or something? later on, in page 3, someone compares the back to the ASR prototype. what is the stage 2 upgrade then? don't you think you're over paying a bit for a machined td-04 like you say? the technology just seems a bit old school to justify a premium price.
    yes the clipped version was Stage 1. Stage 2 has both warm and cold side upgraded. Might be overpaying but i am confident these turbos will be reliable and perform well for a very long time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    installation started , first removing the org. turbos Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can't wait to see the results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

GL man, cant wait to see more photos and videos? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You need a better shop light! Click here to enlarge Self-install or is a mechanic helping out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

My shop is doing it and i cannot be there since its 40 km away plus now he is at the ring till thursday Click here to enlarge

Some active driving, not me though, a pro cart driver, he was very impressed about my chassi and brakes, unfortunately i had winter tyres on with no grip at all but he kinda liked it:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

looks awesome, cant wait to see final results!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Enrita: your in Sweden right?!

how will GIAC tune your car? will you have to do like an online thing while your car is on the dyno ????

I do a lot business with swedish people!! its a great country!
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Enrita, first and foremost, congrats on the upgrade!

We are all patiently and anxiously awaiting the graphs!

p.s. your list of mods seem endless!
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    Enrita: your in Sweden right?!

how will GIAC tune your car? will you have to do like an online thing while your car is on the dyno ????

I do a lot business with swedish people!! its a great country!
    Hello Eugen! yes i am an italian living in sweden... i like blondes :-)
    GIAC will tune using logs from their own equipment and BT cable both on the street and on the dyno. Shouldnt be an issue.
    I have a JB3 as well and Terry will as well help out with a map that he is currently doing for RobBeck and his turbos . The Turbos are basically based on the same TD04 .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Hello Eugen! yes i am an italian living in sweden... i like blondes :-)
    That is funny Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Update: original turbos are out. both in good conditions, no play and wastegates didnt show much of wear/rattling causing issues. They have run 40.000 miles.
    Next is to fit custom oil/water lines to the turbos and install them.
    I have ordered as well a set of OKADA plasma coils to provide better spark for increased boost and power. The M3 turbocharges folks at e46fanatics go nuts about this coils so we will see how they perform.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The coils are nice but not nearly as special as they are played up to be. Either way, keep us updated, maybe they will make a big impact, we will see!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

still online

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

waiting on updates. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

still working on the custom water/oil lines. My shop has been too busy with other cars Click here to enlarge but by end of the week we should be able to fire her with these new OKADA coils as well:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

still working on the custom water/oil lines. My shop has been too busy with other cars Click here to enlarge but by end of the week we should be able to fire her with these new OKADA coils as well:
    nice, so ur gunna dyno pre and post install? will you keep it on the dyno while you install them? not sure how giac works, is there any adaption time or something? or will it not matter with this product?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I wont be doing a dyno just for the coils. Those will go on with the turbos a new NGK spark plugs 1 step colder.
    I got these to provide better spark for the higher boost provided by the upgraded turbos and prevent unwanted misfires.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I wont be doing a dyno just for the coils. Those will go on with the turbos a new NGK spark plugs 1 step colder.
    I got these to provide better spark for the higher boost provided by the upgraded turbos and prevent unwanted misfires.
    but without a proper baseline between mods, putting 3 mods like that in will sure, yield a higher dyno number (mainly because of the upp'd turbos) but you will have no idea what conributed what. for instance, lets say the coils lost you 5 hp, and the plugs lost you another 5. sure you gained 60 hp from the turbos, but lost 10 from your other mods which you thought helped! and you would never know, you would say all three gave me 50 hp. all im saying is i feel you would benefit from testing each mod, and you would also help the community with knowing what to buy, when.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast