Yup.

10.003 @ 137.61
    Stock Turbo 1/4 mile Record

10.7xx @127.xx Tune Only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are telling me bolt on's beyond a tune are providing 10 mph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Intakes, full catless exhaust, injectors and supporting fuel mods, drag radials, and some race gas or ethanol has produced multiple low 10 second GT-R passes that are beyond 130mph. The tunes are definitely aggressive though and probably wouldn't be safe for a road course or for multiple highway pulls.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Been done!

But its really pushing it!

All that on stock tranny!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    <br><br>Been done!<br><br>But its really pushing it!<br><br>All that on stock tranny!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuckyEff Click here to enlarge
    Been done!

But its really pushing it!

All that on stock tranny!!!
    Just seems like it is on the high end and inflated somewhat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just seems like it is on the high end and inflated somewhat.
    Definitely on the high end but not inflated. Kind of similiar to Drew running 133mph traps on his M3 with nitrous and the works. Except his $hit blew up and this GT-R is still running (for now).

Personally I would never push my GT-R this hard since the turbos are blowing out very hot air and the tranny dumps the clutch at some very high RPM's that may not be safe even though there are multiple GT-R's in Florida and throughout the US running this same package with no problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Definitely on the high end but not inflated. Kind of similiar to Drew running 133mph traps on his M3 with nitrous and the works.
    He never ran that fast, 131 on boost and I ran 130 on boost so not an anomaly or anything.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Personally I would never push my GT-R this hard since the turbos are blowing out very hot air and the tranny dumps the clutch at some very high RPM's that may not be safe even though there are multiple GT-R's in Florida and throughout the US running this same package with no problems.
    It just seems that high 130's for bolt on cars are not really representative of the reality. The vast majority are nowhere near that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He never ran that fast, 131 on boost and I ran 130 on boost so not an anomaly or anything.

It just seems that high 130's for bolt on cars are not really representative of the reality. The vast majority are nowhere near that.
    I think there are a few bolt on and tune GT-R's that have run mid 130's. Sleepdoc's car is a freak that is tuned to the edge so he trapped around 138 and cut 1.4x 60' times.

I think the reality of supercharged M3's are that they trap low 120's but there could be a few great nights and glory runs that result in 130+ passes just like the GT-R that traps 138.

I do agree that the vast majority of GT-R's with bolt on and tune are below 130mph traps and with E85 it shouldn't even be above 130 at all. But anything can happen when you push the turbos way past their efficiency range for a drag strip run. 26psi or whatever sleepdoc's car was spiking at is a lot of boost.

NOTE: how can a track time be inflated? It was run at PBIR. Sleepdoc and multiple HPLogic GT-R's have run 130+mph traps, all verified at PBIR. Also note that these times might be much better in the negative DA of MIR or Atco.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the reality of supercharged M3's are that they trap low 120's but there could be a few great nights and glory runs that result in 130+ passes just like the GT-R that traps 138.
    I see what you are saying but it is more along the liens of M3's with meth on stock internals. The vast majority trap mid to low 120's because they run low boost and no meth.

I do agree that the vast majority of GT-R's with bolt on and tune are below 130mph traps and with E85 it shouldn't even be above 130 at all. But anything can happen when you push the turbos way past their efficiency range for a drag strip run. 26psi or whatever sleepdoc's car was spiking at is a lot of boost.
    There we go, I agree definitely.

NOTE: how can a track time be inflated? It was run at PBIR. Sleepdoc and multiple HPLogic GT-R's have run 130+mph traps, all verified at PBIR. Also note that these times might be much better in the negative DA of MIR or Atco.
    You can inflate track times several ways, strip weight or negative DA at already fast tracks just as you stated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123