Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Tuned clk550 vs Moded Cobalt SS

So i see my friend in a parking lot i pull up and then see a black cobalt SS with a sticker on the back fender saying. " V8 LOL!". That got me very angry... i was thinking to have such a bald sticker this car better be an 11 sec car atleast. So i come up to the kid and tell him so lets run i have a V8 for you, he says his car traps 110 in the 1/4 and 290whp i told him right about where mine traps. So he wanted to run me at 40 mph i stayed in 3rd gear at 3k rpm my sweet spot is 4k, he got the jump both times held there for a little as soon as i hit 4th i just start to pull away, if i started in 2nd it would of been a lot worse.
    I really hope he takes that sticker off. Click here to enlarge
    Here are the videos =D
    2nd run i video from my car and let off after i was about 3 cars ahead. YES I WAS ANGRY!

This is the 1st run from Behind i was about 5+ cars ahead by 120.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Haha, that was a good run. I dont think he has 290 whp though. He has a supercharged ss, he wished he would trap 110 lol. I would like to run you! lol, I think it would be fairly even. I just raced a 09 jaguar xj and I pulled about a car and ahalf maybe 2 car after 120..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Listen to that V8 Rumble!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    So i see my friend in a parking lot i pull up and then see a black cobalt SS with a sticker on the back fender saying. " V8 LOL!". That got me very angry... i was thinking to have such a bald sticker this car better be an 11 sec car atleast. So i come up to the kid and tell him so lets run i have a V8 for you, he says his car traps 110 in the 1/4 and 290whp i told him right about where mine traps. So he wanted to run me at 40 mph i stayed in 3rd gear at 3k rpm my sweet spot is 4k, he got the jump both times held there for a little as soon as i hit 4th i just start to pull away, if i started in 2nd it would of been a lot worse.
    I really hope he takes that sticker off. Click here to enlarge
    Here are the videos =D
    2nd run i video from my car and let off after i was about 3 cars ahead. YES I WAS ANGRY!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZKMpoFmus

This is the 1st run from Behind i was about 5+ cars ahead by 120.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8ZA6h5Dx4

Nice run. He was a lot closer than I thought he'd be.
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

You took that more than a bit personal LOL... But nicely done, he wont remove the sticker. Instead he will say I raced a CLK and only put (insert number here) cars on me.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, that was a good run. I dont think he has 290 whp though. He has a supercharged ss, he wished he would trap 110 lol. I would like to run you! lol, I think it would be fairly even. I just raced a 09 jaguar xj and I pulled about a car and ahalf maybe 2 car after 120..
    Yeah he was full of $#@! and i called him out on it but it deff was not stock.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Listen to that V8 Rumble!!!!! Click here to enlarge
    Yeah i made sure to wave at him mas i was passing by.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    Nice run. He was a lot closer than I thought he'd be.
    Yeah but i sand bagged by being in a higher gear which gave him an instant full car jump.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You took that more than a bit personal LOL... But nicely done, he wont remove the sticker. Instead he will say I raced a CLK and only put (insert number here) cars on me.
    lol well the next time i will just put more cars this was a walk in the park.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yea that thing wasn't stock for sure, it was just a FBO supercharged SS. maybe had 250whp at the most...
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yea that thing wasn't stock for sure, it was just a FBO supercharged SS. maybe had 250whp at the most...
    he claimed he had headers also and pulley.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I'm sure he did lol. he needs those mods.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

supercharged SS's were bastard children, slow no matter what you did to them.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    supercharged SS's were bastard children, slow no matter what you did to them.
    Hell yea, my GTI was faster than them lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

hmmm looks like that was a Turbo SS from what i hear from others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here is an LSJ turbo cobalt SS (originally supercharged, claimed low 400s wheel) racing my 135i:

And here is a 2010 turbo cobalt SS running FBOs + 30psi peak tune (claimed 340whp):

Those cobalts can be nasty.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm impressed. 30 psi. What kind of power are you putting down with the 135?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    nice runs but still not 2 impressed with cobalts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    They are fairly quick its just some of the owners are...well "knowledge lacking"... car does have a lot of potential

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

hmmm looks like that was a Turbo SS from what i hear from others.
    That is 10000 percent a supercharged SS. You can hear the Supercharger whine when you pass him!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by doogle Click here to enlarge
    Here is an LSJ turbo cobalt SS (originally supercharged, claimed low 400s wheel) racing my 135i:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKz99rJvPpI

And here is a 2010 turbo cobalt SS running FBOs + 30psi peak tune (claimed 340whp):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7VP6WwjCQQ

Those cobalts can be nasty.
    Ahh, Ive seen those videos. Never understood what happened in the videos. I've raced a couple 335 and either i'm even with them or I beat them cause they're stock.

nice runs but still not 2 impressed with cobalts
    You need to race me to understand. On halloween night I actually raced a clk550 convertible. 2nd gear we were neck and neck, once I hit 3rd, I pulled like 8 cars. and kept pulling. It was pretty funny.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by novtec1 Click here to enlarge
    They are fairly quick its just some of the owners are...well "knowledge lacking"... car does have a lot of potential
    I totally agree. When I go on the Cobalt forums sometimes i have to reread it twice cause I literally cannot belive they wrote what they did. It just doens't make any sense. They're literally little kids that think they know everything..

I'm tapped out from vegas this past weekend. I get paid this friday, I will dyno my car and I will try to get some friendly runs with my friends to show my car's potential. I wish i was lying about my car... but It's pretty $#@!ing fast.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lol kid gets pwned...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

That is 10000 percent a supercharged SS. You can hear the Supercharger whine when you pass him!

Ahh, Ive seen those videos. Never understood what happened in the videos. I've raced a couple 335 and either i'm even with them or I beat them cause they're stock.

You need to race me to understand. On halloween night I actually raced a clk550 convertible. 2nd gear we were neck and neck, once I hit 3rd, I pulled like 8 cars. and kept pulling. It was pretty funny.

I totally agree. When I go on the Cobalt forums sometimes i have to reread it twice cause I literally cannot belive they wrote what they did. It just doens't make any sense. They're literally little kids that think they know everything..

I'm tapped out from vegas this past weekend. I get paid this friday, I will dyno my car and I will try to get some friendly runs with my friends to show my car's potential. I wish i was lying about my car... but It's pretty $#@!ing fast.
    that whine you heard was my sunroof slightly open letting air in making a noise like a SC =D
    that clk550 vert must of slowed down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

that whine you heard was my sunroof slightly open letting air in making a noise like a SC =D
    that clk550 vert must of slowed down.
    It was a chick, we raced from a launch at first. Her traction was on, I heard her engine bog out after she peeled a little. Then we tried it 2 more times 2nd gear. I pulled like nothing when I hit 3rd. She was like "damn that thing is a beast"
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

It was a chick, we raced from a launch at first. Her traction was on, I heard her engine bog out after she peeled a little. Then we tried it 2 more times 2nd gear. I pulled like nothing when I hit 3rd. She was like "damn that thing is a beast"
    yeah there you have it "chick drove it" my chick drove my car and at 60% throttle she $#@!s bricks while still thinking shes going all out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

yeah there you have it "chick drove it" my chick drove my car and at 60% throttle she $#@!s bricks while still thinking shes going all out.
    okay lol, lets do some other things. I beat an ISF by about two car to 120 mph. I've also raced an m6 on the freeway with his top down and we were dead even from 40 (he was tailgaiting me on the onramp) all the way till about 130. He stayed behind my bumper from the onramp till I let off the gas. We were even the whole time. I'm sure he was gonna pull up up top. I will dyno this saturday cause of so much speculation. I need numbers for my self as well. PS my car weighs 2900 lbs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

okay lol, lets do some other things. I beat an ISF by about two car to 120 mph. I've also raced an m6 on the freeway with his top down and we were dead even from 40 (he was tailgaiting me on the onramp) all the way till about 130. He stayed behind my bumper from the onramp till I let off the gas. We were even the whole time. I'm sure he was gonna pull up up top. I will dyno this saturday cause of so much speculation. I need numbers for my self as well. PS my car weighs 2900 lbs.
    Hey i walked an E55 no one still believes me even after videos =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Hey i walked an E55 no one still believes me even after videos =D
    There is a reason for that...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is a reason for that...
    sure just like the reasons when i ran 100 octane JB4 335i reasons are excuses i can use plenty of them also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast