Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    lol wut?
    As in, he doesn't want anything that might mess with the reliability.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A tune will not mess with his reliability at all unless he is cranking 19psi on pump gas on no other supporting mods or without meth. If his fuel pump is going out, tune or not, he is SOL.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    A tune will not mess with his reliability at all unless he is cranking 19psi on pump gas on no other supporting mods or without meth. If his fuel pump is going out, tune or not, he is SOL.
    And a tune won't exacerbate pump issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reliability with a piggy or any adjustable/map-switchable tune will largely depend on the user and their driving habits...

I'd say with any tune setup by a professional tuner as a safe tune for guven octane and left alone by the end-user in terms "tooning" the car should be close to stock reliability...Problem is everyone loves to tinker Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    idk about AT but a great thing about MT is that i can turn the car on/off while rolling
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And a tune won't exacerbate pump issues?
    Not really no.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    idk about AT but a great thing about MT is that i can turn the car on/off while rolling
    you can, but it is a bit dangerous if not on wide open roads. Put it in neutral and hold the start/stop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow dude that's dangerous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    While it certainly could be the HPFP, that almost sounds more like injectors. Any codes pulled?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As DarkPhanthom stated you can do this with an AT.
    My car is keyless, so to be able to switch the engine off the key needs to be in the ignition. Then you can switch off the engine when you put the AT in neutral, and push the Start/Stop button. Without key in the slot the engine can only be shut off in P.

One question though. Why would you ever want to do this while driving?
    No powerbrakes, no powersteering, and speed. You're basically about to arrive at your next major accident.
    It's marginally handy in a traffic jam, or at a traffic light when you're at the back, or at a railroadcrossing, but while driving...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I used to have to do this all the time because of my fuel settings in jb4. It would cut my boost to stock and I'd have to restart on the highway.

You can still steer and use the brakes, and it's really not dangerous at 70mph if you're on a straight road and no traffic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    As DarkPhanthom stated you can do this with an AT.
    My car is keyless, so to be able to switch the engine off the key needs to be in the ignition. Then you can switch off the engine when you put the AT in neutral, and push the Start/Stop button. Without key in the slot the engine can only be shut off in P.

One question though. Why would you ever want to do this while driving?
    No powerbrakes, no powersteering, and speed. You're basically about to arrive at your next major accident.
    It's marginally handy in a traffic jam, or at a traffic light when you're at the back, or at a railroadcrossing, but while driving...
    the only time ive ever done this was when the car was acting funny and i started getting weird check engine lights at full throttle so instead of pulling over to restart the car to solve the issue. you guys are making this way to big of a thing your obviously not going to do it when theirs a car in front of you so wheres the danger? the car will be off for 2-3 seconds. if the car doesnt turn on then you can still slowly stop it on the side of the road
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Normally I always drive key-less but for the exact same reason I have my key inserted in the slot when I take my car to the track. Just to be able to stop the engine and restart if and when it would go into limp mode. But when the HPFP got some air once due to a series of corners with hard breaking/accelerating, with only 3 gallons left in the tank and the car went into limp, I didn't have the balls to shut he engine off on a track with other fast cars around and corners every 8 seconds or so. I ended up limping to the pits to shut the engine off. To my defense, I never saw the fuel gauge, it was displaying boost all the time...

But anyways, you made a point of it preferring MT over AT because you could kill the engine while rolling... So I figured you made a habit of it. No problem.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Skyhart Click here to enlarge
    While it certainly could be the HPFP, that almost sounds more like injectors. Any codes pulled?
    No codes pulled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Since my warranty is up, they had to do the recalls on the HPFP and the injectors. Hopefully this "new" pump doesn't die on me as my old one didn't have any problems.

Also, you guys have 15% ethanol there right? We have 10% here...might have something to do with it. Do european n54's experience this issue as well?
    I get my gas on base, and nothing so far, but I only have only 6k miles on it. A few UK guys I know have had their cars for 3-4 years and no issues so far.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12