Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

M3 Steering Wheel Cleaning DIY

Hi Guys

I found a SMG Steering wheel in a box at home in my store and i forgot I had bought it from EAS used. LOL. It was in overall good condition but the M tri Stitching was really dirty. I used an old tooth brush and whitening tooth paste to clean the stitching..... Fast and easy.... here are the pics.......

Before:
    Click here to enlarge

After:
    Click here to enlarge

Some more before and after shots. On the right side of the wheel you can see its like new and the left is yet to be cleaned
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Before shots. Notice how the hidden stitching is so nice and clean and blue....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Tomorrow im gona use leatherique to clean and refresh the leather Click here to enlarge More pics to come......
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So today i first kept the steering wheel in the sun for an hour to make the leather nice and hot. After That i generously applied Leatherique rejuvenator and let it soak in the sun for 3 hours. The temps in Bahrain are around 45-47c today so didn't need anymore that that.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

After that I wiped off the wheel and applied the pristine clean to it by leatherique. The results are amazing. The wheel has a nice OEM Matt leather finish and it turned out like new!!!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

This wheel will now be installed in my car and my sport SMG wheel will be up for sale as I will be making a new design in the next few weeks Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 07-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice!! Never thought about the whitening toothpaste for the stitching. Sticky or caked up steering wheels are my pet peeve. Almost to the extent that I would wear driving gloves, but I don't want to look like a douche in a bimmer :/ for some reason only the leather on my z4m gets nasty, while my e70 and e90 can go for a long time before cleaning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Just installed it, looks new! LOL Just needs some nice polish on it this evening.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

man i could use a new steering wheel... lol. previous owner wore it down past the leather x.x
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    man i could use a new steering wheel... lol. previous owner wore it down past the leather x.x
    My Modded flat bottom wheel is up for sale. I'll be making a post today. Click here to enlarge If you would Like I'll clean it with toothpaste before putting it up LOL. Nah its already nice and clean.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Very useful Ejaz, thank you,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very useful Ejaz, thank you,
    Click here to enlarge No worries bro. Any time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ah, this gave me an idea to do mine as well! It's been a while...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Ah, this gave me an idea to do mine as well! It's been a while...
    Do it and post pics of before and after results.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Do it and post pics of before and after results.
    when I get the horn problem resolved, i'll do it!