Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He knows about it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what do you mean? what does prevent you from doing that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The idea behind 2-step and flat foot shifting came from my testing of the WOTBox...you can get the WOTBox, it works like a charm
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Seems easy enough. Ordered some parts from Digikey to PWM the signal from the JB4 for real testing. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OUMC32wnEtU

D
    id you embed that video manually by clicking the video icon to post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is good. More customers for me to replace their turbos on when they beat the turbos senseless.

There is a reason why WRC cars replace their turbos after x amount of hours. Because all the anti lag and backfiring beats the bearings and the turbine shaft up..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah
    K, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    This is good. More customers for me to replace their turbos on when they beat the turbos senseless.

There is a reason why WRC cars replace their turbos after x amount of hours. Because all the anti lag and backfiring beats the bearings and the turbine shaft up..
    A bit dramatic no? I mean they change the entire motor after every couple races with those cars. They are also constantly using it and dont even use this type of anti lag they have fuel and air injected directly into the mani. Sure it's tough on the turbos and I made a comment on another thread about the turbos wearing out abit quicker but if you go on the supra forums who use antilag and their turbos last years.
    Last edited by Jimefam; 07-19-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    The idea behind 2-step and flat foot shifting came from my testing of the WOTBox...you can get the WOTBox, it works like a charm
    HOLD IT! Dzenno the wotbox works with our motor?!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    A bit dramatic no? I mean they change the entire motor after every couple races with those cars. They are also constantly using it and dont even use this type of anti lag they have fuel and air injected directly into the mani. Sure it's tough on the turbos and I made a comment on another thread about the turbos wearing out abit quicker but if you go on the supra forums who use antilag and their turbos last years.
    I would assume that the supra community is a bit more mature than the BMW crowd....e90post gets ahold of this every kid is gonna be 2-stepping it at the light LOL

Do supra guys even drive their cars a lot? Most of them seem to be garage queens..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Do supra guys even drive their cars a lot? Most of them seem to be garage queens..
    It's harder to drive 600+ whp on the street. Since it is an older car now and many are heavily modded it is mostly a toy for many.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would assume that the supra community is a bit more mature than the BMW crowd....e90post gets ahold of this every kid is gonna be 2-stepping it at the light LOL

Not that it matters because this isn't a feature to be used daily or at every stop light. From my experience supra's are constantly at the strip or involved in mile or other events. Your right alot of the more powerful supras aren't DD but as I said this isn't something that is used non stop or that people should FFS every gear. This is something to be used occasionally when you might need a slight edge against a close opponent. Your right if used every single day that wouldnt bode well for the life of the turbos but if used right it'll be like every other mod, wears out your engine more but nothing excessive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or if were gonna say the supra isn't a good comparison then look up EVO forums. They also use it alot and you can get a significant amount of use out of drag turbos who are heavily anti lagged. I'm just saying nothing compares to a WRC car as those cars are abused more than pretty much any other type of racing. You know their turbos are sometimes 30k? There are teams that replace the motor after every race! No comparison to real life. I'd have been more worried about the mani as that usually cracks before the turbo goes but on these stock cast mani's it should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More customers for me to replace their turbos on when they beat the turbos senseless.

i would add that the with this you are retarding the timing, and that in turn rises cylinder pressures dramatically, i would say with enough abuse you would see a head gasket blow before the turbine shows enough wear to be the cause of failure.

oh and sticky, i love the new quote selected text process, and also the auto saving of quick replies
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i would add that the with this you are retarding the timing, and that in turn rises cylinder pressures dramatically, i would say with enough abuse you would see a head gasket blow before the turbine shows enough wear to be the cause of failure.

oh and sticky, i love the new quote selected text process, and also the auto saving of quick replies
    This is incorrect. It does not rises cylinder pressure or even raises it either. The idea is for there to be increased pressure in the manifold and turbo hence why it keeps the boost up. Usually what you want is the opposite of what your talking about you want the ignition well past what would be optimal for power but the gasses are still expanding as it hits the manifold and turbo and that adds the pressure keep up boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    e90post gets ahold of this every kid is gonna be 2-stepping it at the light LOL
    lol, i cant wait to see the influx of video's.. let alone when i occasionally run into one on the road Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty cool
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it's very cool. flatfoot shifting is a big difference, and I mean big.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not that it matters because this isn't a feature to be used daily or at every stop light. From my experience supra's are constantly at the strip or involved in mile or other events. Your right alot of the more powerful supras aren't DD but as I said this isn't something that is used non stop or that people should FFS every gear. This is something to be used occasionally when you might need a slight edge against a close opponent. Your right if used every single day that wouldnt bode well for the life of the turbos but if used right it'll be like every other mod, wears out your engine more but nothing excessive.
    Yeah this is exactly what I mean. The E90 community has gotten so immature that they will deem this mod cool and will do it everywhere they can. Then here come the threads of 'BMS FFS killed my turbos, I'm goin to Procede now' ignorance...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah this is exactly what I mean. The E90 community has gotten so immature that they will deem this mod cool and will do it everywhere they can. Then here come the threads of 'BMS FFS killed my turbos, I'm goin to Procede now' ignorance...
    Besides just the turbos. Not good for your tranny either! can blow a syncrose.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No worries your right as with anything else if used in the wrong way it will cause a problem. I wouldnt worry about that scenario above as unless I'm mistaken it's a Procede feature and not a BMS one right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Besides just the turbos. Not good for your tranny either! can blow a syncrose.
    Yes if you misshift it can be harmful to your trans but how is that different from regular speed shifting? Also if you've ever FFS you'll see that it makes it significantly easier to shift correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes if you misshift it can be harmful to your trans but how is that different from regular speed shifting? Also if you've ever FFS you'll see that it makes it significantly easier to shift correctly.
    Yes of course I have.

It's very different than regular shifting because power barely gets cut off, its constantly giving power. When you shift regularly, you lose boost and power isn't constant cause you let off the gas for that split second. A lot less stress on the tranny.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast