Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This is why I don't like street races.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-11/07-14-11page-Street-Race-Mustang-Turbo-crashes-into-DSM.htm

This is a video of a Mustang turbo loosing control while break boosting agents a DSM. $#@!ing idiot drivers hit you and its both your faults. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

$#@! happens... Ultimately we dont know what happened with the other car to cause it to change lanes. Bottom line is playing on the street is dangerous. Act accordingly.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Highway pulls in general aren't really racing. Someone always gets the jump and whoever gets a bit of a lead starts to slow down while the other claims he was "pulling". I so prefer a proper drag strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Highway pulls in general aren't really racing. Someone always gets the jump and whoever gets a bit of a lead starts to slow down while the other claims he was "pulling". I so prefer a proper drag strip.
    I agree.
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I like highway pulls. Although, my favorite videos involve Gallardo twin turbos so they are always able to overcome any jump, lol.

I find it funny, if its true, the mustang owner still blames the dsm driver.... YEAH, okay dummy. He swerved into the DSM on camera.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

$#@!ing annoying sponsor messages, plus that $#@! doesn't embed. Damn it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-11/07-14-11page-Street-Race-Mustang-Turbo-crashes-into-DSM.htm

This is a video of a Mustang turbo loosing control while break boosting agents a DSM. $#@!ing idiot drivers hit you and its both your faults. Click here to enlarge
    Repped for truth.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Things happen cars crash I have seen cars crash into eatch other at the track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Things happen cars crash I have seen cars crash into eatch other at the track
    I understand that but the track is an envorment that is designed for safety and on the freeway you have 0 control over the other drivers car/ everyone else on the road man. I have had family members pass away from idoit drivers who lost control and crashed over the median and hit them head on while street racing.
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I understand that but the track is an envorment that is designed for safety and on the freeway you have 0 control over the other drivers car/ everyone else on the road man. I have had family members pass away from idoit drivers who lost control and crashed over the median and hit them head on while street racing.
    Sorry to here about your family members but street racing will never stop. You will alway here people say take it to the track there just arent enough tracks around there alway at least a hour plus drive for most.This is because people that own homes dont like the noise so a track must be in a area that is not around a bunch of homes.This is a site that has plenty of street racing videos up ,there are a bunch a forums that dont allow the talk or even videos at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

wow that was terrible. Hope there alright.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I like highway pulls.
    Same, roll on pulls are the best way to show the difference between the cars not the drivers. Same reason 60-130 is getting popular.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's always going to be an ongoing debate -- but where I live, I feel like I take my life into my hands every time I drive; I get tailgated all the time, cut up, and have idiots everywhere who believe the throttle is an on-off switch. I feel like I'm the only person who actually stops at stop signs, or stays at the speed limit inside residential areas. I have actually been passed in SCHOOL ZONES or playground zones. Several times. I watch people weave in and out of heavy traffic frequently. And so on.

I consider myself a very safe driver -- 99% of the time. This is not to say I 'earn' the right to have a little fun occasionally; but we all do it. If we didn't everybody would be happy driving around in a Prius or Camry (even though they are often some of the worst drivers on the road!)

My point is, every day I see driving that is FAR MORE dangerous than a couple of highway pulls; yet those people are left alone.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    It's always going to be an ongoing debate -- but where I live, I feel like I take my life into my hands every time I drive; I get tailgated all the time, cut up, and have idiots everywhere who believe the throttle is an on-off switch. I feel like I'm the only person who actually stops at stop signs, or stays at the speed limit inside residential areas. I have actually been passed in SCHOOL ZONES or playground zones. Several times. I watch people weave in and out of heavy traffic frequently. And so on.

I consider myself a very safe driver -- 99% of the time. This is not to say I 'earn' the right to have a little fun occasionally; but we all do it. If we didn't everybody would be happy driving around in a Prius or Camry (even though they are often some of the worst drivers on the road!)

My point is, every day I see driving that is FAR MORE dangerous than a couple of highway pulls; yet those people are left alone.
    Well put my friend, I cant say I don't speed when I know it is, "safe." I can tell you I have 0 tickets other than the occasional parking violation. I am by no means a saint when it comes to driving but I know the rules of the road and abide by them as much as possible while not getting stuck in traffic. When it gets to be unsafe for the other drivers on the road I have to shake my head, its not fair for their family's just because you cant drive an hour or two to your nearest track.
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge

Yeah, it's rediculous how many bad drivers are on ther road. My big pet peeve is people who don't use the turn signals.

It's best to be a defensive driver. And it's great to have a nice car that can handle to avoid the jerks that can't drive. I had to take my Hyundai Sonata to the limit to avoid a driver who was going to change lanes directly into my car. At that moment I really wanted to be in my AMG. But, I digress...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    My big pet peeve is people who don't use the turn signals.
    And those who leave them on indefinitely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And those who leave them on indefinitely.
    Yeah, them too. Although I've been guilty of this one before.

On one occasion, upon seeing the constant blinkers in a car up ahead of me and a passenger , he remarked "I'm dumb, I'm dumb, I'm dumb" in cadence with the blinkers. So, now whenever I see this situation, that's what goes through my head. And when I realize that I have left the blinkers on I think the same thing. One of those weird things that never seems to leave my brain. And it's been like 15 years!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, it's rediculous how many bad drivers are on ther road. My big pet peeve is people who don't use the turn signals.

It's best to be a defensive driver. And it's great to have a nice car that can handle to avoid the jerks that can't drive. I had to take my Hyundai Sonata to the limit to avoid a driver who was going to change lanes directly into my car. At that moment I really wanted to be in my AMG. But, I digress...
    Had an 18 wheeler try and run me and some friends off the road when he was going to sporadically change lanes with out a blinker on Sat... I almost grabbed the wheel in an attempt to avoid a collision.
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Had an 18 wheeler try and run me and some friends off the road when he was going to sporadically change lanes with out a blinker on Sat... I almost grabbed the wheel in an attempt to avoid a collision.
    That sounds pretty scary.

I tell my wife we need cars with some power due to the occasional need to pass dangerous situations. So far it's working. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That sounds pretty scary.

I tell my wife we need cars with some power due to the occasional need to pass dangerous situations. So far it's working. haha
    Hell yeah man, when I sell a car I take my customers on the freeway and I tell them to pass a car if they feel comfortable. Usually they feel it is somewhat necessary and gun it right away but I always stress safety whenever getting in the car with a stranger!
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hell yeah man, when I sell a car I take my customers on the freeway and I tell them to pass a car if they feel comfortable. Usually they feel it is somewhat necessary and gun it right away but I always stress safety whenever getting in the car with a stranger!
    I like your style!