Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 164
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    LOL, you mean a fuel system ,nobody cares about the single Click here to enlarge
    lol....yea the fuel....its always been the fuel...lol

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    why not add a boosta pump to the stock fuel pump?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great summary. You should add that the second dyno came from another site too (you state that he may have created it himself). As pointed out in the original thread, it is a crop of the second dyno image shown in a 2009 post at another Scion site: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174987

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    odd dyno charts that looked nothing like what an N54 motor should look like.
    Thats because it was supposed to have a single turbo on it...

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Murrland
    Posts
    287
    Rep Points
    489.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ah I see what you mean.

    Don't get it, why didn't he confront me here after already posting?
    Because that would give him negative attention here that would offset the positive fanboy attention he's searching for there maybe? Click here to enlarge
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    I spoke to him on the phone once, he seemed to be legitimately working on the project and had pertinent questions. But I was dubious of the track times claimed. You'd expect a video and more fan fare over a low 10 second pass like that. Hopefully the project gets done and we really see a low 10 second N54 some day...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I just want an explanation for the manifold/turbo pictures on the car and that fuel rail that bolts to the head.

    Those are obviously real, but they could possibly be to a different motor.

    And what ever happened to AR Design's project? They had pictures AND a video.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Points
    9,058.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I just want an explanation for the manifold/turbo pictures on the car and that fuel rail that bolts to the head.

    Those are obviously real, but they could possibly be to a different motor.

    And what ever happened to AR Design's project? They had pictures AND a video.
    You'd have to check with Andrew but the big hold up was tuning, nothing related to their hardware. I can't tune it with the JB4 (it would need a board mod I don't have time to make right now), CPE had other projects going and could not give it the attention it needed, and last I heard Vishnu was working with him on it. Not sure where that went. ESS also passed on it.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You'd have to check with Andrew but the big hold up was tuning, nothing related to their hardware. I can't tune it with the JB4 (it would need a board mod I don't have time to make right now), CPE had other projects going and could not give it the attention it needed, and last I heard Vishnu was working with him on it. Not sure where that went. ESS also passed on it.
    Thank you for the very honest and informative reply Terry! We need to find the BMW DME engineers just to get a damn aftermarket turbo to work....

    Do you happen to know specifically what is happening between the DME and new turbo system that is holding things up?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    +1 Your candor is truly refreshing (and appreciated) after all of this
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,880
    Rep Points
    31,857.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    why not add a boosta pump to the stock fuel pump?
    Because it is a high pressure fuel pump to begin with.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,880
    Rep Points
    31,857.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I spoke to him on the phone once, he seemed to be legitimately working on the project and had pertinent questions. But I was dubious of the track times claimed. You'd expect a video and more fan fare over a low 10 second pass like that. Hopefully the project gets done and we really see a low 10 second N54 some day...
    Exactly. A project is taking place, and the 10 second slip was really just too much for me. At that point this whole thing had to be popped. I wasn't the only one, pretty much everyone got suspicious after that just people bit their tongues because some had interests in it (like fuel being completed).

    I hope it gets done.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    why not add a boosta pump to the stock fuel pump?
    we have low pressure, electrical, which ive done just that, but high pressure is mechanical,

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Do you happen to know specifically what is happening between the DME and new turbo system that is holding things up?
    one of the main issues is the n54 dme needs to see ~7pounds before 3k revs. if it doesn't it limps. that feat will be hard to do with a large single unless you use nitrous to spool it, but even then, it may not be enough exhuast gas to spin a big single, unless the turbo had something similar to porsche's VTG.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,880
    Rep Points
    31,857.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    one of the main issues is the n54 dme needs to see ~7pounds before 3k revs. if it doesn't it limps.
    Nobody has been able to tune around this?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    not that i know of, did you hear someone say something different? or i suppose, claim something different?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    i didnt think it was the boost, but rather the dme needs to see 2 different wgdc, and to fool the dme into thinking it still has 2

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,880
    Rep Points
    31,857.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    did you hear someone say something different? or i suppose, claim something different?
    Nope.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i didnt think it was the boost, but rather the dme needs to see 2 different wgdc, and to fool the dme into thinking it still has 2
    unfor told the community that the boost issue was not a problem, i specifically remember it. but what can we really believe from him now? and you're right about the wastegates too, afaik.

    my theory is that single turbos may work on specific pulls, from above x revs and whatever (which is why we saw that AR video), but it is not yet a daily drivable option, and to boot, the overall luxury that is BMW goes out the window, let alone the constant limps when trying to get some good torque in there. the n54 and dme are too finicky for a single imho. if you wanna go big single, go with the n55, my bet is it'll be easier.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 07-14-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    This whole ordeal has just been so sad. Why would someone lie to so many people? Just makes no sense.....

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    unfor told the community that the boost issue was not a problem, i specifically remember it. but what can we really believe from him now? and you're right about the wastegates too, afaik.

    my theory is that single turbos may work on specific pulls, from above x revs and whatever (which is why we saw that AR video), but it is not yet a daily drivable option, and to boot, the overall luxury that is BMW goes out the window, let alone the constant limps when trying to get some good torque in there. the n54 and dme are too finicky for a single imho. if you wanna go big single, go with the n55, my bet is it'll be easier.
    yea, your probably right, a combination of both, and anything previously stated is probably not accurate

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -194.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    So what was real about him? that manifold looks pretty real to me.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    can we get the pictures of the manifold/turbo setup and the fuel rail pictures on the first page sticky?
    JB4LIFE

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    95.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is truly Unforgivable

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    The hardware is real. That's about it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •