Close

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,121.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Road and Track runs the 1/4 mile in the Alpina B7 in 12.7 seconds - The number to focus on though is 4795, its curb weight

    BMW's are getting fat, really fat. Good thing they have twin turbo motors because they need the torque to move their giant behinds. Road and Track did a quick first drive of the Alpina B7 and hit 12.7 (no trap speed listed) in the 1/4. The 760Li they tested did it in 12.6@114.9. Why bother with the B7 when you can get the V12 and tune that? Or even tune the regular 750? For a body kit?

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    12.6 at 115 is not bad for a 5000 lbs car man
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,121.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    12.6 at 115 is not bad for a 5000 lbs car man
    That is the V12, not the B7. They didn't list a trap speed for it but it is likely less, like the 113 Car and Driver got: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ts-curb-weight

    Not bad at all for such a heavy car, but why is it so damn heavy?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is the V12, not the B7. They didn't list a trap speed for it but it is likely less, like the 113 Car and Driver got: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ts-curb-weight

    Not bad at all for such a heavy car, but why is it so damn heavy?
    Probably because it has advanced magneto-rheological trans-dimensional extra fluffy airbags that weigh 700 lbs each and explode with confetti during the accident so you cant help but to laugh after wrapping the car around a pole. It's all in good fun!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Do we have a "best response of the month" thread?

    DFBIU is defintely a top contender.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Agreed lol
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    cars are getting so heavy now... shouldnt they start getting lighter now with the new lightweight materials? x.x
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Yeah, thanks to light materials the cars are heavier nowadays !! WTF?!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,121.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    cars are getting so heavy now... shouldnt they start getting lighter now with the new lightweight materials? x.x
    Porsche making their cars lighter AND more efficient.

    BMW is making boats.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    302
    Rep Points
    256.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Alpina is like the luxury version of M division. Besides the engine upgrades (they replace the turbos and make some other changes) they also upgrade the brakes to the ones used on the Protection package 7 series. They replace the gauge cluster with a bespoke set of dials with blue faces. They replace the stock wood trim with much higher grade woods that are grown on a special farm and hand selected for their unique patterns. There are other interior upgrades, too. It's a really nice package, it feels much more elegant than the 760Li. It's about as close as you're going to get to coachbuilt BMW.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    530
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Which B7 short wheel base or Long at that weight Im pretty sure its the Long Wheelbase

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,121.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Which B7 short wheel base or Long at that weight Im pretty sure its the Long Wheelbase
    Same, better be the long! Still heavy as hell though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,121.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Alpina is like the luxury version of M division. Besides the engine upgrades (they replace the turbos and make some other changes) they also upgrade the brakes to the ones used on the Protection package 7 series. They replace the gauge cluster with a bespoke set of dials with blue faces. They replace the stock wood trim with much higher grade woods that are grown on a special farm and hand selected for their unique patterns. There are other interior upgrades, too. It's a really nice package, it feels much more elegant than the 760Li. It's about as close as you're going to get to coachbuilt BMW.
    I agree, it is a very nice package. But it is a damn elephant.

    Nice to see them tune he motor, change the turbos, etc. But... doesn't a 760 make more sense?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    that V12 sounds like $#@! though, but it has a massive low end torque.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    That is a heavy beast for sure, but damn I love that car!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •