Close

View Poll Results: Was not bringing the M3 GTS to the USA a mistake?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it simply was not cost effective.

    5 31.25%
  • Yes, it would have shown respect for the US market and it would have sold.

    7 43.75%
  • Irrelevant, it was designed to show BMW has not abandoned/ignored their hardcore fans.

    4 25.00%
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Was not bringing the M3 GTS to the USA a mistake?

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    795
    Rep Points
    591.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    No.


    //thread. Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    63
    Rep Points
    90.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I would've bought it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How much was it? I believe the ACR Viper was cheaper, and I would MUCH rather have the Viper......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    How much was it? I believe the ACR Viper was cheaper, and I would MUCH rather have the Viper......
    You can't apply euro prices here. It would have ended up about the same as the Viper ACR. I think the 90-100k range would be accurate.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can't apply euro prices here. It would have ended up about the same as the Viper ACR. I think the 90-100k range would be accurate.
    Well in that case, I would STILL much rather have the Viper. It has the specs, lap times, neutrality, adjustably, simplicity and looks that I would want in a factory racer that can be street driven. I'm pretty confident it would out pace the M3 GTS as well. I believe it holds the street car record at Leguna Seca, not sure though and I have to go to class, will check later.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Well in that case, I would STILL much rather have the Viper. It has the specs, lap times, neutrality, adjustably, simplicity and looks that I would want in a factory racer that can be street driven. I'm pretty confident it would out pace the M3 GTS as well. I believe it holds the street car record at Leguna Seca, not sure though and I have to go to class, will check later.
    No doubt the Viper ACR is one of the ultimate track cars ever built that is street legal. In crushes just about anything around a race track. It would hand the M3 GTS its ass, clearly.

    However, some of us just want the top BMW's in the USA Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    281
    Rep Points
    245.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Big mistake...
    I would have bought one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    528
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm torn. The M3 GTS is quite a sexy beast, and a performer, too, but in the sector its competing in, there are other, better options.

    I think that's what really prompted BMW not to bring it over...they analyzed the competition here and decided it wasn't in their best fiscal interest.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    I'm torn. The M3 GTS is quite a sexy beast, and a performer, too, but in the sector its competing in, there are other, better options.

    I think that's what really prompted BMW not to bring it over...they analyzed the competition here and decided it wasn't in their best fiscal interest.
    Money played a part but I'm a believer in it being simply a statement and halo car. No on the level of a LF-A or anything but BMW did it to show a little muscle.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    528
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Question is, did they really need to? I guess with Chevy doing it with the Z, Dodge having done it several times with the Viper, Porsche, etc, they were due, but still...
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,228
    Rep Points
    31,321.6
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    Question is, did they really need to? I guess with Chevy doing it with the Z, Dodge having done it several times with the Viper, Porsche, etc, they were due, but still...
    Well, I think they did as they were getting a reputation of going soft and selling out their ideals, at least in my mind. Doing M SUV's instead of CSL's certainly hurt their image.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    528
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, I think they did as they were getting a reputation of going soft and selling out their ideals, at least in my mind. Doing M SUV's instead of CSL's certainly hurt their image.
    Yeah, can't argue with that, but at least they're going to apply that M engine in the X5/X6 to the F10 M5. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well they should gain a lot of peepz supporting the brand if they make the 1 series M car.
    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •