Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

JB4 map 2 + Custom map 6 on 91 octane!

Recently I moved for work... Where I live they don't offer 94 octane, so I'm limited to Shell V-power 91 octane.

Previously I would run JB4 map 6 when I was in Calgary and had access to 94 octane. I tweaked it to sustain 15.5 PSI at 5 - 6K RPM then drop to 14.5 PSI at 6,000 RPM and 14 psi at 6500rpm.

Well, since I have not had 94 octane I have been running JB4 map 1 as I was told JB4 map 2 or greater will not work with 91 octane etc etc..

This weekend when I was in town I did a bunch of data logging with BigUp and Lol and behold my car ran Beautifully!!! Using Shell V-power 91 octane and JB4 map 2. I even ran my custom map 6 with 91 octane and the logs looked incredibly clean!!!

I can't speak on behalf of anyone elses car... but with my car / modifications - I can run JB4 map 6, boosting to 15.5 PSI while using 91 octane no problem.

I also found out that previously I did have a boost leak! When installing the charge pipe we missed the main o-ring that goes on the inside of the charge pipe... it was stuck in my stock pipe so we did not see it to swap it out. We fixed this on the weekend as well and the cars an animal.

I'm so happy I can run my 500+bhp tune with the gas I have where I live now!
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    At first i didnt know what to think. Then I saw the username and it all made sense.
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for being a jerk.. I'm telling you guys it can be done, then you make fun of me.... I'm riskin my car to help out the BMW community so go to hell sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for the extensive research.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I would have to see the logs myself, but not suggested to run those boost levels on 91 octane. Run the 94 octane you have, it can't cost much more! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can't seem to find the logs we made -- I keep having issues with the JB4 software crashing on my computer, so I'm not sure if it exported properly this time.

From my observations (with my very limited knowledge!), out of the many 2,000-7,000 rpm third gear pulls we did, only the first pull had a timing drop .. the remaining were very smooth curves. Boost was exactly where the map said it should be. IAT's were a little on the high side, but it was hot yesterday, and Vader had been doing a lot of playing with the car before the runs.

Personally, I'd prefer Vader stayed lower PSI with the lower octane, but he insisted it stays up there! His car is still PDQ on map 1 with his mods.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    At first i didnt know what to think. Then I saw the username and it all made sense.
    Might want to check that the address bar says "E90Post.com" before making comments like that sir!
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terry, I do not have 94 octane where I live in Sylvan Lake! I also won't have 94 octane where I will be living in Jasper Either!!
    However, when we reviewed the Data Logs, they looked """ CLEANER """ Then the previous Data logs when I was using 94 octane!! And those logs you told us looked damn good!

Reason is because I had a boost leak when I did the previous data logs, it has since been fixed.

I won't recomend jumping onto an aggresive tune with 91 octane, I do however suggest that you data log it first to see if your car can manage it, if so do er up! I don't need 94 octane to run extensive boost and I'm even at 3,000 elevation.
    Your car may be just as monstroserous!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Joey is going to loose reputation points over that comment Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

At the least I'd run map 5. If timing is really that good, it will max out at 15.5psi anyway. And if it's not you are covered. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right now I'm running map 1 again.. I'm just a little paranoid. If anything I would run map 2 but " NOT " my custom map on 91 octane just incase..
    I don't run Map 5 because I'm not at sea level.. Even with 94 octane map 5 would only go to around 13PSI, then again I never logged it or did extensive pulls to allow it to correctly adjust. It just felt much slower then my map 2 at the time.

Will map 5 still easily reach 15.5 psi when I'm at 3K elevation?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    I think Joey is going to loose reputation points over that comment Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by joeyballs; 07-12-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right now I'm running map 1 again.. I'm just a little paranoid. If anything I would run map 2 but " NOT " my custom map on 91 octane just incase..
    I don't run Map 5 because I'm not at sea level.. Even with 94 octane map 5 would only go to around 13PSI, then again I never logged it or did extensive pulls to allow it to correctly adjust. It just felt much slower then my map 2 at the time.

Will map 5 still easily reach 15.5 psi when I'm at 3K elevation?
    Next time you are in Calgary, let's get Virtualbox installed on your Mac, then you can run Windows + the JB4 software. At least your 500 feet lower in Sylvan Lake Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Map 5 will only go to 11psi if it senses lots of timing drops. Which can happen at higher elevation with 91 octane. But, you have all the mods, maybe map 5 will give 13-14psi. You won't know until you try it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terry!!! Map 5 is f***** AWESOME!! I never ran it before as I know it is more conservative at higher elevation but WHOLLY $#@!!
    It proves that my car is a frankenstein of a 335i. I have been running it for two days now and "while using 91 octane" My car Boosts to 16PSI then drops to 15psi from 5K rpm until 6000 rpm then drops to 14psi at 6500 rpm then drops to 13 psi at 7K rpm I have a video attached to prove it!

Today I also added octane booster and ran map 5 for a few pulls, I was showing 16 psi until 6,000 rpm then from 6 - 6500 rpm it held 15 psi then it dropped to 14 psi at 7K rpm!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I get windows on my mac I will do some logs, my car has never been this powerful or fast before! I can't believe how hard I can run with my octane levels!!!

This was 91 octane, I'll take a video tomorrow with my 91 octane + octane booster to show you how much more it boosts.
    When you watch the video focus on the boost gauge, enjoy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Not bad. My shop car is set to run 15.0-15.5 through the midrange all the way to redline. It is a 6MT though. On RBs it works very well on 93 pump gas. Since this fuel system is taking forever I might go the meth route with it and see what I can crank it up to..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terry!!! Map 5 is f***** AWESOME!! I never ran it before as I know it is more conservative at higher elevation but WHOLLY $#@!!
    It proves that my car is a frankenstein of a 335i. I have been running it for two days now and "while using 91 octane" My car Boosts to 16PSI then drops to 15psi from 5K rpm until 6000 rpm then drops to 14psi at 6500 rpm then drops to 13 psi at 7K rpm I have a video attached to prove it!

Today I also added octane booster and ran map 5 for a few pulls, I was showing 16 psi until 6,000 rpm then from 6 - 6500 rpm it held 15 psi then it dropped to 14 psi at 7K rpm!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I get windows on my mac I will do some logs, my car has never been this powerful or fast before! I can't believe how hard I can run with my octane levels!!!

This was 91 octane, I'll take a video tomorrow with my 91 octane + octane booster to show you how much more it boosts.
    When you watch the video focus on the boost gauge, enjoy!
    Nice Vader .. I'm still convinced the hijacked fuel gauge is slightly inaccurate by +/- 1.5PSI .. mine always reads a little higher than the logs indicate.

Are you coming to the cruise on July 24th? Since you're banned on Shivpost, the details are on Project Technik Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    Since you're banned on Shivpost,
    For what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For what?
    Nobody really knows .. he attracted a lot of haters in the tuning forum because he posted about his exhaust and JB4 .. nothing bad, just an enthusiast posting enthusiastic comments.

I posted this "b---i---m---m---e---r---b---o---o---s---t dot com" deep inside the Alberta members thread, a few days ago, and no mods have spotted it yet, and it beat their censoring filter Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People were jealous that I have ae 500bhp 335i with fantastic mods, the best tune ever made, and it runs cleaner then theres with less octane.

I did not use the site for 2 weeks while I moved to Sylvan Lake and started managing a new bank as I was super busy!! Then I try signing on a few days ago and it said I was banned.

The site is trash anyways, half of the people there don't even drive BMW's, they just make fun of people all day long.

Joey Ball --- Why did you give me a " negative feed back to my thread "? Super mean dude. Super mean...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I think someone hacked his account. I remember one night I saw 20 posts from him in the FI forum saying "I am gay" and stuff like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think someone hacked his account. I remember one night I saw 20 posts from him in the FI forum saying "I am gay" and stuff like that.
    Way to trivialize him having the courage to come out publicly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only good thing going for that forum is the regional section .. and if I can convince everybody to move over here, I won't even need to go there for that Click here to enlarge Maybe the Bimmerboost stickers will help on the local cruise next week .. ha ha.

Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice boost man. Your 91 is clearly better then SoCal's 91 dog$#@!. I just started using Map 5 too, I was using Map 1 but I'm FBO, so I wanted to see if my car boosted more than 13psi. I haven't really done any serious pulls, but the most I have seen is like 13.5psi. I gotta do some serious runs though, to see if it will adapt better to my mods and conditions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice stuff man! Yah, Map 5 is absolutely the best for FBO cars. I've found that depending on your actual car / type of FBO modifications / altitude ETC map 5 will adjust to give you the maximum power safely!

When I finally adjusted to map 5 it boosts much harder then map 1 ever did while I run 91 octane!
    When I have 93 octane which I currently am running due to an octane booster my map 5 is pulling much harder then map 2! It pulls almost as hard if not harder then my map 6 which I custom tuned to 15.5 PSI until 6K then it drops to 14.5 then 14 at 6500 rpm then 12 at 7K

I've seen 16PSI until 6500 rpm running map 5 and 93 octane. I can't confirm this via data logs yet but as soon as I can log I'm going to!

I'm so impressed with map 5 its not even funny! I absolutely love my JB4 tune, I'm so happy I bought it! When COBB stage 2 comes out I won't even budge... JB4 is simply the most advaptive / strongest / best running tune I have ever had!

I'll take a video clip on 93 octane when I drive home from work tonight!

My next test will be to track down 94 octane next time I'm in the city, + add octane booster so I'm running around 96 - 97 octane and do a bunch of pulls on map 5 and see how it adapts!

TERRY I LOVE YOU MAN! Thanks for making the best tune, and thanks for selling it for a reasonable price!
    Shiv is a dick.... 1,000 for a useless tune.... I'd rather spend 2,000 for aligator shoes and eat gold bars..

Terry, you said someone hacked my account!?!?!?!?
    I'm definitely not gay, so it wasn't me who posted those things!
    I'd only ever consider being gay if Jennifer aniston had a dick.....

jk....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice dude. I'm going to try an Octane booster soon, and see how that goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast