Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Finally Done HPF 2.75 #1

Over the last 3 years my car has seen several changes at HPF. I started out as a stage 2 and drove that for 20,000 miles, I loved the streetablility of the stage 2 but just need a bit more horsepower. I move to the 2.5 and quickly racked up 60,000 miles on my built block, during this time I had been bugging Chris, Dave and John to do a 2.75 with the billet turbo and 4 inch exhaust. Since this car is my daily driver I need the car to drive like a daily driving car, I could not be more happy with my current set up. Once I upgraded the turbo and exhuast I notice than my traction was shot to sh!t. I talked to Dave and Chris about trying to run a 305/35/18 street radial, after 6 weeks of waiting the wheel arrived! The 2.75 is a no joke set up, it gives the HPF race car a good run for it's money! We stuck a pair of HPF/technocraft seat in it for good measure. I know my set up isn't everyones cup of tea, but I love it! Scares the sh!t out of me everyday when I punch it.

Here are some pics of the finished set up.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Even the cop's love my set up...ummm no

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Forcefed M3; 07-07-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The wheels are horrible... Change the red bolts to black ASAP

Everything else is sick! You have a bad ass car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL I love my red bolts, they break up the black a bit. Everyone does black.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you know it's not easy for me to believe that car is your DD. with that turbo lag and throttle response it must suck at daily driving.

anyway sick car, love the both interior and exterior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the billet wheel I have hardly any turbo lag, I love this as my daily driver. I drive to bimmerfest and Mfest every year, love the drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    get black bolts for those wheels please... Black wheels with black bolts and red center caps = win

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hate the wheels but not my car, it's yours and if you like them fine.

Didn't you lose the motor when it was a 2.75? Or was that a 2.5? So this is now the rebuild completed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 Click here to enlarge
    With the billet wheel I have hardly any turbo lag, I love this as my daily driver. I drive to bimmerfest and Mfest every year, love the drive.
    Dunno, my Stage 3 was plenty laggy on the street with the billet 71mm. It had insane top end no doubt, but down low it wasn't very exciting. I'm going to a billet ball bearing T67 to spice things up some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to a billet ball bearing T67 to spice things up some.
    Sorry, not sure, is this bigger or smaller?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to a billet ball bearing T67 to spice things up some.
    Sorry, not sure, is this bigger or smaller?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice looking car! To each his own on the styling, but im sure it hauls ass! Glad its being driven a lot too!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have the other 2.75 with the 71mm billet and it is laggy but its no different than my stage 2.5 except for now when I put my foot down it gives me a rush that the 2.5 never had. I'm sure the 71 is a bit laggier...but if it is I can't really tell.

The easiest way to describe the difference in street driving is say you're sitting at 2000rpm in an NA M3 or a Turbo M3 and you floor it...the NA will pull steady from 2-4k...the Turbo will start building boost and the lag will be evident from 2-4k...but really who drives an M3 aggressively below 4k.
    Another thing...you can drive an NA M3 on the street and floor it all over the place with no worries...floor a turbo M3 all over the place and it'll be a handful of fury.

Just gotta learn to drive in the power band Click here to enlarge ...unfortunately mine is too fvcking loud to rip around on the street without people a mile away hearing me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    ...unfortunately mine is too fvcking loud to rip around on the street without people a mile away hearing me.
    Aren't there valved exhaust options?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah, Kreissieg give you a cool option. push a button and the car will be quiet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Aren't there valved exhaust options?
    Ya there is...but you see atm I have resonators in my exhaust...resonators which actually amplify the sound inside the cabin of the car...sure its a few decibels lower outside the car but at or around 2500-2800rpm it is the magic spot that decides to split my ears...and that happens to be in my cruising rpm.

As far as adding a cutout it is definitely on my to do list...but I bought a brand spanking new 4" stainless/polished exhaust that was supposed to be the quietest version available with the two resonators in it. Needless to say if I get a cutout...I would therefore need a muffler installed...and I want the muffler to be at or better than the quality of my exhaust system...I'm not going to fab up the stock exhaust to work with this sweet exhaust. So my problem is finding a muffler or having someone make a muffler that is going to be at or near the stock sound levels...have no rasp...and be top quality and not cost me a fortune.

I would like HPF to step up and build such a muffler as I do not have the time, knowledge or connections to do this. In all honesty I wish someone would take the stock BMW muffler, cut it apart and copy it in a full brand new stainless application with a single 4"/3" going into it and have the same HPF titanium tips on it...mabe make a few changes as needed to increase flow, etc... I mean BMW did make a great muffler on the M3 so why not mimic it in a sense.

Does anyone have a cutaway of a stock M3 muffler by chance? A friend of mine does amazing work making manifolds and such and I'm sure he'd be up for the challenge...my stock muffler is gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the thread jack Derek; you've got a great car there...best color for sure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like it. wheels are difnatly a personal choice, but thats why you bought them Click here to enlarge car looks mean man,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it was the head that failed, two valves died. It was up and running with in a week when it finally got back to Portland from Vegas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats on the 2.75 derek! your exhaust is loooooowd, i just put a hpf exhaust on my 2.5 i dunno how you don't get pulled over but i hope i don't either Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it was the head that failed, two valves died. It was up and running with in a week when it finally got back to Portland from Vegas.
    I understand but my question is was the car a 2.5 or 2.75 at the time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In for some vids of this beast, and I want to hear this $#@!er lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ooops my bad it was a 2.75 when the head failed due to a bad sensor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ooops my bad it was a 2.75 when the head failed due to a bad sensor.
    Ok, gotcha, so this is the rebuild that was completed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct it was a rebuilt head. Car was done on thursday in portland and I drove it to bimmerfest on friday, I will admit that after driving for 18 hours and doing pulls I was deaf when I arrived...lmao. So worth it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct it was a rebuilt head. Car was done on thursday in portland and I drove it to bimmerfest on friday, I will admit that after driving for 18 hours and doing pulls I was deaf when I arrived...lmao. So worth it!
    Sounds like you need a new fresh designed HPF Quiet Muffler with built in exhaust cutout!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast