Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely, in terms of educational value, the .22 cartridge is priceless. You will learn a lot about basic technique with the .22

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    You're right and wrong. You are 100% correct in the respect that choosing a handgun is a process that requires a person to find the right pistol that suits their anatomical features. You're wrong in undermining the suggestions of other people as being completely worthless. People that are more experienced provide valuable insight into narrowing the general selection. The more helpful advice would be to cast aside individual's negative commentary if it isn't backed up by some sort of logical reasoning.
    yea i sort of agree, i just didnt have the time or energy to lay out 'my experiences backed up with reason' because my experiences are specific to me. Although other people can help you choose, or narrow down your selection, ultimately you have to be comfortable with your pistol and the only way to do that is to shoot it. But overall, my top picks would be the Ruger LC9 and IWI Jericho which is based off the CZ75 another good gun.

    stopping power is really not why you should buy a gun. id rather have a gun with 1/4 the stopping power but fits better in my hand and i can place shots on a dime from 25 yards in comfort. At least for me, its not about stopping power, its about precision.

    In any case, sticky, there are literally tons of guns out there. Picking the one you will be comfortable with is gonna require you to physically hold it and try out. Would you buy a car without test driving it first?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    Cali is limited to the 10+1 law. Anything more can get you thrown in the klink.
    Thanks for that, I had no idea! What if you are from out of state and just passing through?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Would you buy a car without test driving it first?
    Only something I know is ridiculous to begin with. But otherwise, no, I would have to try it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,337
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Walther p99c is nice also.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    yea i sort of agree, i just didnt have the time or energy to lay out 'my experiences backed up with reason' because my experiences are specific to me. Although other people can help you choose, or narrow down your selection, ultimately you have to be comfortable with your pistol and the only way to do that is to shoot it. But overall, my top picks would be the Ruger LC9 and IWI Jericho which is based off the CZ75 another good gun.

    stopping power is really not why you should buy a gun. id rather have a gun with 1/4 the stopping power but fits better in my hand and i can place shots on a dime from 25 yards in comfort. At least for me, its not about stopping power, its about precision.

    In any case, sticky, there are literally tons of guns out there. Picking the one you will be comfortable with is gonna require you to physically hold it and try out. Would you buy a car without test driving it first?
    So we technically agree with each other. You're 100% right in regards to choosing the right round, in my experience I feel most comfortable with 9mm than any other round.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that, I had no idea! What if you are from out of state and just passing through?
    Federal firearm transport laws cover you in that case.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Walther p99c is nice also.
    100%, depends on the size of your hand though.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see. Well, it will be good to learn on right? I can always move to something stronger once I get the basics down and having a .22 pistol for protection is better than nothing. The other handgun has considerably larger rounds, not sure what they are.
    I agree with this, thats why I was looking for a rimfire rifle in the other thread, cheaper to learn on before moving to a more powerful rifle. In all honesty though, if it came down to it, some dude in your house we will say 20 to 30 feet away. Your heart pounding, looking each other in the eyes, in a split second you will have wonder if he is armed and make the decision to shoot or not before he bum rushes you. Odds are that you will probably miss. That is why you need to go with the dog and the shotgun. Between hearing the dog bark and the sound of the pump action, the $#@! will be long gone.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I agree with this, thats why I was looking for a rimfire rifle in the other thread, cheaper to learn on before moving to a more powerful rifle. In all honesty though, if it came down to it, some dude in your house we will say 20 to 30 feet away. Your heart pounding, looking each other in the eyes, in a split second you will have wonder if he is armed and make the decision to shoot or not before he bum rushes you. Odds are that you will probably miss. That is why you need to go with the dog and the shotgun. Between hearing the dog bark and the sound of the pump action, the $#@! will be long gone.
    For long distance shooting with a rifle the .22LR is an incredible learning tool. All technique learned early on will help tremendously when graduating to larger cartridges.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    For long distance shooting with a rifle the .22LR is an incredible learning tool. All technique learned early on will help tremendously when graduating to larger cartridges.
    Any recommendations for the rifle?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I agree with this, thats why I was looking for a rimfire rifle in the other thread, cheaper to learn on before moving to a more powerful rifle. In all honesty though, if it came down to it, some dude in your house we will say 20 to 30 feet away. Your heart pounding, looking each other in the eyes, in a split second you will have wonder if he is armed and make the decision to shoot or not before he bum rushes you. Odds are that you will probably miss. That is why you need to go with the dog and the shotgun. Between hearing the dog bark and the sound of the pump action, the $#@! will be long gone.
    Absolutely no reason I can't have the pistol and the shotgun, not to mention the dog.

    The thing is, someone is not always in your house. They could be on your property and if the property is large enough then you may want something offering distance and accuracy over spread.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Any recommendations for the rifle?
    You could go with the traditional route and pick up a Ruger 10/22, gives you a lot of flexibility with modifying it after you get used to it. There's a plethora of choices when it comes to stocks, aftermarket barrels, triggers, etc.

    I personally went with a CZ452. The reason was due to it being a bolt action opposed to semi-automatic like the Ruger 10/22. The build quality is stellar compared to other .22LR rifles.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    698.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I own an XDm 9 and a M&P 9c...love them both...I like the 9c better now that I have the Apex DCAEK kit, makes the trigger AWESOME...I'm actually looking to sell my XDm to get a fullsize M&P so I can switch mags and stuff...but...haha best advice is to just go and shoot the gun...it has to feel right in your hand and has to be natural; you can buy a badass $2000 1911 but if it doesn't fit your hand and if it doesn't feel natural/good...then it's useless
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

    Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely no reason I can't have the pistol and the shotgun, not to mention the dog.

    The thing is, someone is not always in your house. They could be on your property and if the property is large enough then you may want something offering distance and accuracy over spread.
    lol, you're right, but depending on how big you property is we might have to talk about rifles. Some handguns aren't accurate to 20 ft.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    560.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Keep in mind if you practice a lot, the cost of ammo. If you end up getting a larger pistol, 9mm is cheaper than most everything besides .22 IF you're now looking for a shot gun, See if the Keltec bullpup is out yet!


  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    You could go with the traditional route and pick up a Ruger 10/22, gives you a lot of flexibility with modifying it after you get used to it. There's a plethora of choices when it comes to stocks, aftermarket barrels, triggers, etc.

    I personally went with a CZ452. The reason was due to it being a bolt action opposed to semi-automatic like the Ruger 10/22. The build quality is stellar compared to other .22LR rifles.
    I am looking to get something that is bolt action. Is the CZ452 single load or does it have a cartridge?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NNJ
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I am looking to get something that is bolt action. Is the CZ452 single load or does it have a cartridge?
    It has a magazine.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Keep in mind if you practice a lot, the cost of ammo. If you end up getting a larger pistol, 9mm is cheaper than most everything besides .22 IF you're now looking for a shot gun, See if the Keltec bullpup is out yet!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc
    Is that legal? I though you had to have at least an 18" barrel. I would be afraid of blowing my fingers off! lol

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maciej Click here to enlarge
    It has a magazine.
    Sorry, that's what I meant. ;\

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    123.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I like the 38 super over the 9mm.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    S&W Bodygaurd 38. You get the laser!!! http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Keep in mind if you practice a lot, the cost of ammo. If you end up getting a larger pistol, 9mm is cheaper than most everything besides .22 IF you're now looking for a shot gun, See if the Keltec bullpup is out yet!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc
    That thing is nice but probably costs a fortune.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,098
    Rep Points
    5,890.6
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    My dad has that same one!!! hahaha his is all black though
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    that keltec looks dangerous as $#@! just to fire... recoil looks heavy for a 12 gauge and fingers are close to the muzzle, WTF??
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    One more thing to remember about handguns and concealed carry, the moment you pull it out in public you would have already committed enough crimes to put you behind bars for 5 years. The moment you shoot it its like 15 years, if you kill someone, 25 years... So before you get your conceal license, train yourself about situation awareness and basic self defense. The first thing to break down in a situation like that is your mind, you loose your mind and you are in jail for pulling a gun out.

    Also, just because you have a backyard doesnt mean you need to snipe people from 50 yards. If you shoot and kill someone on your property, and you shot him in the back at 50 yards, you better damn well have an explanation. I am all for self defense, but more for education about the laws of self defense in this country, because the laws have a lot of grey areas that can put you (the defender) in jail.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    just burn the bodies. no body , no crime.. except that one guy..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •