Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 320
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Won't ffs be an issue for people using meth? May cause some serious back fires
    Not with our PWM meth kit. Spray stops during gear changes. Flat foot or otherwise.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Not with our PWM meth kit. Spray stops during gear changes. Flat foot or otherwise.
    Well that's good
    JB4LIFE

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I just came from a haltech seminar and was told they aren't working on any DI solution ATM. However they did mention Shiv's new board and some pretty badass features that can be implemented with it. As for the users who bought the older procede that's just the way of the world nowadays. It's like the people who complain about a new iPhone coming out every year! Although I'm sure when you bring out new hardware you swap all the old units for free right?? Or you let them know months in advance that your gonna release new stuff and everybody stop ordering till the new stuff is out right?? God sometimes you guys talk some craziness!!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I just came from a haltech seminar and was told they aren't working on any DI solution ATM. However they did mention Shiv's new board and some pretty badass features that can be implemented with it. As for the users who bought the older procede that's just the way of the world nowadays. It's like the people who complain about a new iPhone coming out every year! Although I'm sure when you bring out new hardware you swap all the old units for free right?? Or you let them know months in advance that your gonna release new stuff and everybody stop ordering till the new stuff is out right?? God sometimes you guys talk some craziness!!
    FWIW we gave everyone who bought one of our older systems within 4 months of the JB4 release the upgrade for free and offered the rest new ones at close to cost. We've always done what we can to take care of our loyal customers. Click here to enlarge

    Funny stuff re: Haltech.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So no announcement when you began working on new hardware to give anyone a heads up to just wait for it? Odd as that seems to be what your critizing here. I guess you just never miss an opportunity to criticize the competition whether it makes sense or not.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    So no announcement when you began working on new hardware to give anyone a heads up to just wait for it? Odd as that seems to be what your critizing here. I guess you just never miss an opportunity to criticize the competition whether it makes sense or not.
    No real criticism here and we announced the JB4 development many months before its release. You seem a little hypersensitive today? Long day at the Haltech seminar?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Points
    1,353.5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So what can this do in practice? For a fast shifter it should't really matter? Flat foot shift is still a time consuming shift.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I just came from a haltech seminar and was told they aren't working on any DI solution ATM. However they did mention Shiv's new board and some pretty badass features that can be implemented with it. As for the users who bought the older procede that's just the way of the world nowadays. It's like the people who complain about a new iPhone coming out every year! Although I'm sure when you bring out new hardware you swap all the old units for free right?? Or you let them know months in advance that your gonna release new stuff and everybody stop ordering till the new stuff is out right?? God sometimes you guys talk some craziness!!
    Haltech mentioned Shiv's new board features? Come on, have to crack a smile at that.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    God sometimes you guys talk some craziness!!
    No craziness, BMS didn't just dump on their previous customers are stated above.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,101
    Rep Points
    1,398.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    So no announcement when you began working on new hardware to give anyone a heads up to just wait for it? Odd as that seems to be what your critizing here. I guess you just never miss an opportunity to criticize the competition whether it makes sense or not.
    The opposite, jb3 customers where both informed about the next gen board and offered a free or $80 upgrade, kept customers buying the current product and also made sure they upgraded fast (keeps support costs down)...as a customer I prefer this, cannot be fun to have ordered a Procede last week today, or?

    For the procede updates, since I have a MT flat foot shift and boost in neutral sounds like stuff I wish my jb4 had, if reviews are good I would not mind trying a procede to test those features.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Not sensitive I just find it funny how this "community" conducts itself. Look at the people blowing it off because only a small % will use some of the new features. Or you complaining that a newer version makes existing hardware obsolete. Really? I suppose that's why BMW tuning lags other brands. Perhaps when you copy these features then everyone can rejoice lol. As for the seminar it was over this past weekend and was pretty good actually, always nice to have the developers of my standalone look at my maps and maximize them. Looking forward to their October seminar as well.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    boost in neutral sounds like stuff
    This is the main feature out of everything I see that would have me thinking.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Haltech mentioned Shiv's new board features? Come on, have to crack a smile at that.
    Actually someone asked a question about running a sport 2000 on a DI motor and they were told it wasn't possible but that a custom solution was made for a company that tuned BMW's(which I knew to be Vishnu) and he mentioned that their new board would have the capabilities of a Platinum Pro vs those of the older Platinum Products. I enquirer specifically about the FFS as I was keen on setting that up on my Pro for the RB drag car.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    but that a custom solution was made for a company that tuned BMW's(which I knew to be Vishnu) and he mentioned that their new board would have the capabilities of a Platinum Pro vs those of the older Platinum Products.
    Too good Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I just find it funny how this "community" conducts itself. Look at the people blowing it off because only a small % will use some of the new features.
    I would tend to agree here, just because its procede there are some jb guys blowing it off... this is an amazing feature set that will make a huge difference, honestly guys if you have nothing nice to say, meaning give constructive criticism or correct something, just dont hit reply...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps when you copy these features then everyone can rejoice lol.
    lol exactly, and when/if that happens i can guarantee we dont see a 'jb4 copied rev 3 wot box feature...' but instead something along the lines of 'jb4- no lift shift for MT's!' ... i guess no forum can have complete unbiased members, unless we were all robots.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is the main feature out of everything I see that would have me thinking.
    Badass for sure but as cheap as some people apparently are I can't imagine they'd be willing to swap out turbo's sooner. Still for people that are big into drag and want the best it's a winner. Couple this with the advanced TC and you'd have a he'll of a launch.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Not sensitive I just find it funny how this "community" conducts itself. Look at the people blowing it off because only a small % will use some of the new features. Or you complaining that a newer version makes existing hardware obsolete. Really? I suppose that's why BMW tuning lags other brands. Perhaps when you copy these features then everyone can rejoice lol. As for the seminar it was over this past weekend and was pretty good actually, always nice to have the developers of my standalone look at my maps and maximize them. Looking forward to their October seminar as well.
    How many times does it need to be said BMS took care of its previous customers, didn't leave them out in the cold? They were informed and not taken advantage of. Isn't this different from what you were saying a few posts earlier?

    Who is blowing this off? Are you kidding me? Vishnu isn't a sponsor here but the product details are allowed to be put up. Go try that on "other" communities and see how it goes.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    I would tend to agree here, just because its procede there are some jb guys blowing it off... this is an amazing feature set that will make a huge difference, honestly guys if you have nothing nice to say, meaning give constructive criticism or correct something, just dont hit reply...



    lol exactly, and when/if that happens i can guarantee we dont see a 'jb4 copied rev 3 wot box feature...' but instead something along the lines of 'jb4- no lift shift for MT's!' ... i guess no forum can have complete unbiased members, unless we were all robots.
    It's not so much that the features will make a huge difference to everyone(at least not these two) but for the people who are real serious about getting their times down this will be a huge thing for them. And my point of it was that because it is a new feature from XYZ companies the people who hate on that XYZ talk nonsense and it works the same in reverse on the other board. Too many rabbits on either side and not enough racers. I'm on a few different boards for different builds I have going on and only with these bmw's do you see petty ish like that. I bet if I had created a thread yesterday that said "I want a two step and FFS in my tune everyone would be raving how badass that would be.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I'm on a few different boards for different builds I have going on and only with these bmw's do you see petty ish like that. I bet if I had created a thread yesterday that said "I want a two step and FFS in my tune everyone would be raving how badass that would be.
    probably true, and its sad that bmw forums are the only ones you see petty fights, are you sure its not just n54 related lol?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Points
    1,353.5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Actually someone asked a question about running a sport 2000 on a DI motor and they were told it wasn't possible but that a custom solution was made for a company that tuned BMW's(which I knew to be Vishnu) and he mentioned that their new board would have the capabilities of a Platinum Pro vs those of the older Platinum Products. I enquirer specifically about the FFS as I was keen on setting that up on my Pro for the RB drag car.
    Actually MT has certain hesitation in shifting so that it seems to be impossible to shift quickly consistently flat foot or not.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How many times does it need to be said BMS took care of its previous customers, didn't leave them out in the cold? They were informed and not taken advantage of. Isn't this different from what you were saying a few posts earlier?

    Who is blowing this off? Are you kidding me? Vishnu isn't a sponsor here but the product details are allowed to be put up. Go try that on "other" communities and see how it goes.
    Lol now who's sensitive. No it isn't different as what Terry was lamenting was that people had been sold the old version with a new one on the way. As stated by him he did the same, I don't believe we've seen what if anything Vishnu has said about upgrade options so what we have to compare is what Terry said about people buying a product then finding out a newer one is coming. That happens in every product type. It was announced now we'll see when it will be released and how any issues maybe handled. My point was Terry throws out a comment like that in the hopes of baiting you guys on to $#@! about it(and of course people on here jump on that) and it's silly IMO. As for you blowing it off I'm not talking about you I mean people saying ish like only a few people will need or use a two step so it's pretty pointless. I couldn't disagree more, it's true that the more hardcore or extreme you push the car the less people will follow but As a person that like to push the envelope as much as possible I'm glad those options are there. There are only a few people who have RB turbo's but I'm glad the option is available and lament that it isn't yet on my N63. That's what I mean. Of course vendor or not your not gonna remove the content you want the hits! Hell more than a few threads on here are about Vishnu or any of the POST websites and it isn't because of your love for them it's the traffic.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Points
    1,353.5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I remember Clap/Laloosh saying that in his huge amount of logs he can consistently keep up around 8psi on the shifts anyways.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    probably true, and its sad that bmw forums are the only ones you see petty fights, are you sure its not just n54 related lol?
    Your right on the older engines on bimmerforums.com their seems to be more of what I would expect from enthusiasts. And on every N54 discussion it is this same thing on every forum so I suppose your right.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Actually MT has certain hesitation in shifting so that it seems to be impossible to shift quickly consistently flat foot or not.
    Don't really understand what you mean. I've always FFS my MT cars even without the feature but if you don't know what your doing you can over rev the engine or $#@! up your box trying to go to fast.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,691
    Rep Points
    31,530.8
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol now who's sensitive. No it isn't different as what Terry was lamenting was that people had been sold the old version with a new one on the way. As stated by him he did the same, I don't believe we've seen what if anything Vishnu has said about upgrade options so what we have to compare is what Terry said about people buying a product then finding out a newer one is coming. That happens in every product type. It was announced now we'll see when it will be released and how any issues maybe handled. My point was Terry throws out a comment like that in the hopes of baiting you guys on to $#@! about it(and of course people on here jump on that) and it's silly IMO. As for you blowing it off I'm not talking about you I mean people saying ish like only a few people will need or use a two step so it's pretty pointless. I couldn't disagree more, it's true that the more hardcore or extreme you push the car the less people will follow but As a person that like to push the envelope as much as possible I'm glad those options are there. There are only a few people who have RB turbo's but I'm glad the option is available and lament that it isn't yet on my N63. That's what I mean. Of course vendor or not your not gonna remove the content you want the hits! Hell more than a few threads on here are about Vishnu or any of the POST websites and it isn't because of your love for them it's the traffic.
    How is me responding to your accusations me being sensitive? You have thrown a lot of things out that were baseless and didn't even apologize to Terry for example when you were wrong.

    He didn't do the same, he kept the users well informed and credited people. He didn't pull something out of thin air. BMS often will give credit or grandfather people who have existing products. It has nothing to do with baiting anyone, it's a fact.

    A few people only need tunes to begin with. It's easy to see how these things are becoming so full of features that living without one or two won't kill you.

    I want the hits? This is info available in another place that is the primary source for it. What hits am I getting exactly? How about the money I lose by providing you with the info whether it is a vendor or not? Well, it is clear what I choose. As I said, go make posts of a commercial nature somewhere else and see how it goes. Seems "hits" aren't the driving factor in it.

    I think the reason you see the guest vendor ability built in is because of my love of giving even competitors a say so that businesses can not be bashed unjustly. Too bad other sites don't have integrity and instead ban the competition to give one vendor the upper hand. Ya, totally about traffic Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •