Close

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Which v5 map targets 20 psi?
    They all target 20psi when you set boost to 100% in the user adjustable menu.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    They all target 20psi when you set boost to 100% in the user adjustable menu.
    So how about that 1/4 mile record?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335ili Click here to enlarge
    Oh give him a little credit sticky lol
    I do, I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    So how about that 1/4 mile record?
    Any Vishnu customer here or anywhere to show how that piggy fairs nowadays?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2step and no-lift are still disabled. once they are ready im sure we will see some awesome strip times from 6MTs. i personally hate the strip, the hard launch always scares me. i usually get a 2.0-2.3 short time at best with a best of being a 1.9. but this is all before the upp'd turbos and rev 3. however i dont think the turbos will have anything to do with my 60', but the rev 3 sure will if i let it lol. anyway expect a dyno before strip numbers, at least for me.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    2step and no-lift are still disabled. once they are ready im sure we will see some awesome strip times from 6MTs. i personally hate the strip, the hard launch always scares me. i usually get a 2.0-2.3 short time at best with a best of being a 1.9. but this is all before the upp'd turbos and rev 3. however i dont think the turbos will have anything to do with my 60', but the rev 3 sure will if i let it lol. anyway expect a dyno before strip numbers, at least for me.
    Disabled from the firmware UI?
    I hope they'll manage to activate it soon! Buying WOTbox or Soldering JB-board are the only ways to achieve 2-step as of right now, but having one integrated in a tune would be so easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im not sure what exactly is disabled, it was just what i was told. i hope they do it soon too, but there's no rush in my eyes. so i guess terry cant bring everything over (features), thanks for the clarification on how the JB line integrates a 2step, i thought it was software based. just dropped the car off this morning, should get it back tuesday or wednesday, just in time for Irene Click here to enlarge im going to look for a public garage or something, my carport is not going to stand up to it i dont believe. the storm looks mean and nasty on the radar.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2-step and NLS are enabled as far as the Procede goes. The only thing keeping it from working is 2 wires and a relay. The relay has been included in most Rev.3 shipments. We are the process of putting together wires right now.

shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    2-step and NLS are enabled as far as the Procede goes. The only thing keeping it from working is 2 wires and a relay. The relay has been included in most Rev.3 shipments. We are the process of putting together wires right now.

shiv
    You haven't been able to put two wires together for a few weeks? I must be missing the difficulty in it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv, still sourcing the wires? Let me know if you have them, I could try this 2-step shifting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Shiv, still sourcing the wires? Let me know if you have them, I could try this 2-step shifting.
    Not sure what they are using a relay for on it but I'd expect a couple wires and a simple circuit. Perhaps they put that circuit in the Rev3 box but I don't believe the contacts have a high enough current rating to allow it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that would explain the time it takes to source wires... What would be the outcome of the contacts not being able to handle it? He has put up some videos on Youtube, so would it be like the contacts can handle it for a limited time? Or that he is he using Wot-box? Click here to enlarge

Good to see some customers are using 2-step already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that would explain the time it takes to source wires... What would be the outcome of the contacts not being able to handle it? He has put up some videos on Youtube, so would it be like the contacts can handle it for a limited time? Or that he is he using Wot-box? Click here to enlarge

The coils use up to 5-6amps under heavy load and the procede contacts are rated for 3-4amps. Adrian had the benefit of being able to redesign his whole PCB to accommodate this (because their customers are OK paying $300 for it) so its possible he added dedicated high current wires out the back, etc, that I haven't seen. I can only speculate as I have not looked at their Rev3 system in detail. But in our case since we wanted to use the same JB4 box we put the parts needed for 2step/NLS on a small PCB like this. They could easily do the same thing and allow even their Rev1 and Rev2 hardware to 2step. The parts on the board cost around $1.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol....I wish I had a car to try this out on..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

So how is the 2step working for you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Odd what's the problem? To be honest I'm curious how they wired it up given the limitations of their TYCO/AMP connector.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu has gone mute for some reason. As far as I know the last message from a few weeks back was that they "will send wires this week". I don't think anyone has their 2step.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu has gone mute for some reason. As far as I know the last message from a few weeks back was that they "will send wires this week". I don't think anyone has their 2step.
    Interesting, sounds like it needs some more work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    usually when they go quiet they come out with something but they did make false promises for sure which is disappointing. ive noticed everyone these days are underestimating the time things are taking sadly including myself.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213