Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cool ESS supercharger kit vs. Gintani

Hi guys I'm a new member of our community in Bimmerboost so nice to meet yoll first!Click here to enlarge

I have a 2011 E92 M3 with 3,500 miles and I'm looking for a supercharger kit for her, there are two options for me, ESS stage 2 vt-625 kit, or Gintani stage 2+. I did some research on them but there isn't much competitions between them two straightly so I'm still kinda confused.

So which one is faster and more reliable? Click here to enlarge
    I heard that ESS is actually damaging the engine due to the failure or tuning?

What do you guys recommend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are no direct comparisons because ESS has not participated in any direct comparison even after they asked for it. We organized a dyno day at their request, they backed out after numerous reschedules to accommodate them. We tried again, they didn't respond. ESS will not do a direct comparison because there is too much for them to lose. Roman@ESS also discouragesn and prevents owners from directly comparing.

They are both good in standard forms. If you want to push beyond what is there, Gintani is finishing a Stage 3 setup and has cars based on lower compression running around that ESS does not and will not have.

Your location is really the main factor. If local to Gintani, I recommend them. ESS has a better DIY kit which you can purchase from our premier vendor IND.

It depends on your power goals and location. I do not know of any ESS blown motors on the stock engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both sides have their fanboys, ESS can be a DIY, i'm more partial to Gintani because i've seen what they can do but it comes down to you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Active autowerke also has a nice kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the advise, sounds like Gintani is much better than ESS since they actually dare to stand out for any competition which means that they are more realiable and confident

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A little of topic:

Did anyone see a member on m3post post their dyno results? He has a VT-535 running 7.9psi. I thought that kit ran a 5psi? His numbers just seem to a lot higher than all the other VT-535 kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I mentioned that but got them out of my list cuz I think that they aren't really that aggressive as the others? VF sounds pretty good but they just started sc for bmws not as long as ess and gintani which I think they are just a starter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He could have some other bolt ons to support that... Or he maybe doesnt care $#@! up his engine by turning that much psi lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J*M3-ZCP Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the advise, sounds like Gintani is much better than ESS since they actually dare to stand out for any competition which means that they are more realiable and confident
    I don't know if you should read that much into as that is not what I am saying. I'm saying Gintani has some added flexibility.

Both have pros and cons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J*M3-ZCP Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I mentioned that but got them out of my list cuz I think that they aren't really that aggressive as the others? VF sounds pretty good but they just started sc for bmws not as long as ess and gintani which I think they are just a starter?
    VF doesn't even have their kit released yet so who knows what the deal is with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both kits are great in quality and speed, and will do the job successfully. As Sticky stated above, it's more of a location factor now.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i may soon be in an M3 myself, and the options for me are Gintani or AA. A good friend has the AA kit, i drove it, I love it. its the fastest so far here on the east coast so far. Dont discourage AA. But im partial to pushing limits, so a Gintani kit that allows me flexability down the road is also exciting. IMHO, nothing wrong with ESS kits themselves, but I dislike the company and their propganda, and i dont do business with those types if i can help it. With AA and Gintani, I know what im getting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i may soon be in an M3 myself, and the options for me are Gintani or AA. A good friend has the AA kit, i drove it, I love it. its the fastest so far here on the east coast so far. Dont discourage AA. But im partial to pushing limits, so a Gintani kit that allows me flexability down the road is also exciting. IMHO, nothing wrong with ESS kits themselves, but I dislike the company and their propganda, and i dont do business with those types if i can help it. With AA and Gintani, I know what im getting.
    AA makes a nice kit, the only problem is the tiny blower and room for growth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, the smaller blower has yet to be seen "as a problem" as it shows equally excellent power, and more down low tq. but i think your refering to flexability in pushing more boost. and in that regard, in theory, it could be an issue down the road, but at what psi it loses efficiency is questionable, and also how much more boost the S65 can handle, so I dont think 1 more psi (8) is going to throw it out of its range. I believe the most aggressive setups are at 8 or so psi, so I think thats about the limit, or just on the safe side, of what a stock motor can take. So AA's 7 PSI kit is solid, especially for a reliable setup,.AA is a great kit , and to me, in regards to install and forget, the best kit so far

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well, the smaller blower has yet to be seen "as a problem" as it shows equally excellent power, and more down low tq. but i think your refering to flexability in pushing more boost. and in that regard, in theory, it could be an issue down the road, but at what psi it loses efficiency is questionable, and also how much more boost the S65 can handle, so I dont think 1 more psi (8) is going to throw it out of its range. I believe the most aggressive setups are at 8 or so psi, so I think thats about the limit, or just on the safe side, of what a stock motor can take. So AA's 7 PSI kit is solid, especially for a reliable setup,.AA is a great kit , and to me, in regards to install and forget, the best kit so far
    The smaller blower works fine on the stock internals but even with meth it is starting to run out of breath at around 520 whp. It just doesn't have the volume of the larger blowers which are making more power.

It isn't just boost, but efficiency and ability to flow CFM.

The kit is quality, no doubt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes ^

remember the AA blower can make the 8 psi but i bet at much higher inlet temps because the blower is screaming
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many gintani cars are up and running?? Any stage

I do like gintani but not having to Many kits makes me
    nervous. Not much info on there stage 3.

I like ess and there kit but like lostmarine don't like the way they act.

People keep saying "small blower" I'm no expert but was told hks blower can boost 16psi or little more
    noone has pushed. Just because you slap the biggest
    blower you can find doesn't mean it's going to perform the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There as some talk somewhere about using the hks blowe on build s54. I'm searching now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge

People keep saying "small blower" I'm no expert but was told hks blower can boost 16psi or little more
    16 psi on what size motor? That hks blower is rated at a certain flow rate, you put that thing in front of a big block and it wont hit 2 psi at 6000 rpm. Put on a 3 liter S54 and you have your 16 psi. Somewhere in between lies the S65, a 4 liter at 8300 RPM, 8 psi will be out of efficiency or nearly out of efficiency at that point.

Engine displacement and VE and RPM determines air flow rate and supercharger output boost pressure.
    Last edited by DBFIU; 07-03-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

there seems to be a good amount of gintani cars running but you also have to realize that there are more ess kits out because their stage 1 is alot cheaper than most kits at like 8k? and they also have companies like ind selling their kits
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where are ALL these gintani cars? Not trying to be negative. Just not trying to give this guy one sided advice. I've seen some recent videos of Eugene stg3 and tightie vids.

There was that real nice white m3 also. I like gintani because of options and built motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The HKS blower may be able to boost higher on other motors but for the S65 V8 it just can't flow enough air. It is likely approaching its max efficiency way below 16 psi.

Biggest blower doesn't mean it will be the best necessarily, but thus far the biggest blowers have provided the most power.

Even a T-trim is undersized for a built motor S65 application...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    16 psi on what size motor? That hks blower is rated at a certain flow rate, you put that thing in front of a big block and it wont hit 2 psi at 6000 rpm. Put on a 3 liter S54 and you have your 16 psi. Somewhere in between lies the S65, a 4 liter at 8300 RPM, 8 psi will be out of efficiency or nearly out of efficiency at that point.

Engine displacement and VE and RPM determines air flow rate and supercharger output boost pressure.
    Exactly, thank you. You can't just hit the same PSI on every motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    there seems to be a good amount of gintani cars running but you also have to realize that there are more ess kits out because their stage 1 is alot cheaper than most kits at like 8k? and they also have companies like ind selling their kits
    Yes, and to be honest, ESS markets better. Their tactics are devious but they are able to control m3post and control the minds there who think ESS is some kind of superior option.

The lower priced kit and DIY kits help. Gintani should have done the same but its their business, not mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where are ALL these gintani cars? Not trying to be negative. Just not trying to give this guy one sided advice. I've seen some recent videos of Eugene stg3 and tightie vids.

There was that real nice white m3 also. I like gintani because of options and built motor.
    You forgot Paul Walker's which won at Mfest. Then the built motor car out of San Diego who is on the board, then Ryboy, they some car in Canada, then a few others, etc. Not all are on the boards but ESS has a greater number of people running their kits no doubt about it. At one time VF-Engineering had more SC M3's than anyone, didn't mean anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast