Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Oh I'm not saying they are slow by any means! But if they raced around where I live, they would be SOL, unless someone actually agreed to a 80+ mph roll race haha.
    80mph? i can hook 3rd on $#@!ty toyos
    theres a 2.5 up near kileen who's done some roll on damage before 80mph.
    ... and (to stay OT) the german 2jz is busting thru the 1000rwhp+ range, still think your open deck can catch up?
    N54 POWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    80mph? i can hook 3rd on $#@!ty toyos
    theres a 2.5 up near kileen who's done some roll on damage before 80mph.
    ... and (to stay OT) the german 2jz is busting thru the 1000rwhp+ range, still think your open deck can catch up?
    N54 POWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Catch up? Shouldn't you be saying S54 POWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Joke I guess.

Are you assuming I think the N54 is superior to the S54? By the way, the 2JZGTE was finished up by GERMAN engineers, so not sure what you mean there either.......

And yes, I still think the N54 is an awesome motor and will hit 1000+whp in the future.

Anyway, that's still irrelevant. I said where I live, they would be SOL because everyone races from a dig. Try to beat a built Viper on the bottle, a built turbo 5.0 setup for drag or a WS6 Trans-Am with a 350shot of Nitrous and $10,000 in rear-end parts.

Annihilation is what would happen. Frank with the Viper is probably the only one who would even care to roll race, and good luck with that!

Also, have fun paying $49,000 for a turbo kit. Hope it comes with gold-plated internals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the Supra just has a rear end that is far more stout along with many more people drag racing it.
    Everything on a supra is stout as hell even they need upgraded everything at 1000+whp. Driveshaft shop has 1200whp axles that they can make for any car. As for the tranny look up Jessica Barton, she drives a 1000whp Supra 6 speed into the 8's. Oh btw I need to get a hold of HPFChris to spend some $$!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, have fun paying $49,000 for a turbo kit. Hope it comes with gold-plated internals.
    At least they have 1000 whp options that exist though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    German 2jz? There's 2,000HP 2jz's so I think it'll be a while before the N54 gets there. Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    At least they have 1000 whp options that exist though...
    I don't really mean to come off rude, just was annoyed. And you are right, if they will pay it, they can charge it, and they have excellent engineering and one of the only options available so there isn't much you can do....

Unless you do it yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    German 2jz? There's 2,000HP 2jz's so I think it'll be a while before the N54 gets there. Lol
    The 2JZGTE was partially developed by Germans and that 2,000HP figure was on an engine dyno, not at the wheels.

Nobody said a 1,000WHP N54 is going to pop up over night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 2JZGTE was partially developed by Germans and that 2,000HP figure was on an engine dyno, not at the wheels.

Certain elements of the final design were handled by a German firm but the 2jz is Japanese without a doubt. Irrelevant really as there are several 1500+whp rb26's and even a 1776awhp RB26. These were engines that won't easily be equaled. And that 2300hp 2jz was on an engine dyno because they could keep the car strapped down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or ever... but let's be positive. The best is yet to come especially with big singles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think we'll see a 1000+whp S63 or N63 before we see the N54 get there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I think we'll see a 1000+whp S63 or N63 before we see the N54 get there.
    I would tend to agree and would add the S65 to the list if it was not constrained by superchargers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2JZ didn't make +1000whp from day one, or S54. How long did it take to achieve +1000whp with S54? 10 years.

so give N54 some time to see it's best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    2JZ didn't make +1000whp from day one, or S54. How long did it take to achieve +1000whp with S54? 10 years.

so give N54 some time to see it's best.
    The S54 made it before 10 years. 2011... car came out as a 2001 model here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    still a 11 sec car Click here to enlarge

It wouldnt be hard to fab up some small rear brakes on these cars so you can run a smaller wheel that will allow Slicks on it.... as soon as that happens it will be the end of the 11.0 curse
    Last edited by gringotegra; 07-08-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    It wouldnt be hard to fab up some small rear brakes on these cars so you can run a smaller wheel that will allow Slicks on it.... as soon as that happens it will be the end of the 11.0 curse
    A-freaking-MEN.

Why BMW owners don't run bias-ply slicks is beyond me. I know that is my next drag tire...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    still a 11 sec car Click here to enlarge

A lot of people don't know this, but Stoptech for a while was the brake company of choice because they were doing custom rear brake setups for many road racing programs. Since 75-80% of the braking was being done by the front end, huge rear brakes weren't necessary, and custom 11" or smaller rear brake setups were the norm.

By my measurements, it's going to take something in the 280-310mm area for rotor size to properly fit a 15" rim. Say good-bye to your parking brake though.

In contrast, F1 cars have a much more balanced braking system with up to 40% of the total braking being done by the rear wheels. (Depends on ballast distribution)
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Adam I find 300mm even fits most 15's well with a single piston caliper. Its all about caliper design as you're aware.

Ok ok, so what's faster? An 800 RWHP M3 or an 1100 RWHP M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A-freaking-MEN.

Why BMW owners don't run bias-ply slicks is beyond me. I know that is my next drag tire...
    Because its another set of wheels to have. Ive been talking to CCW and they lag responding. To fit bias ply I need to get rid of my front bbk, ive already gotten rid of my rear bbk to fit 17's. I want to put a set of 16's (trying to get ccw to make it for me) on the rear now and run an even larger radial drag tire for the street. Im not sure if i want to go through the hassle of getting skinnies made, take off the front bbk, find a set of stock brakes and have them put on for a day at the track.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems like my comment hurt some feelings.... most neg rep I've ever got ha.

I mean, are they going to use a 4508R for road racing? If they do then I am impressed, that will be a handful on the road course given the torque curve it's gonna make.

I think HPF is a great company and this is gonna be a badass build, but this seems like a drag orientated turbo, and they are going to need some work to be competitive in street racing (unless from a high speed roll, which I already mentioned, don't know why people are getting butt-hurt....) or at an actual 1/4 track.

I bet it would make one hell of a mile car too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A-freaking-MEN.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That track looks kinda iffy..... waves in it. That really sucks, I hate seeing a car go into the wall. Click here to enlarge

Definitely had some power!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    video
    im not sure what you're trying to say here, either that drag racing can be dangerous, or that drag radials/slicks can cause you to crash. with the latter statement, how can more traction lead to a more probable crash than with street tires that spin till the cows come home? you can plainly see from the video, he was torque steering in 2nd, and when he shifted 3rd, he lost the rear slightly, let off throttle causing a weight transfer, then went back on throttle trying to finish the run and spun out of control and eventually into the wall. more traction will only help imho, correct me if im wrong. the video though does get cogs turning for people who think dragracing in a high hp bmw is effortless. the video clearly shows driver error (probably little practice/exp), at its finest.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    A lot of people don't know this, but Stoptech for a while was the brake company of choice because they were doing custom rear brake setups for many road racing programs. Since 75-80% of the braking was being done by the front end, huge rear brakes weren't necessary, and custom 11" or smaller rear brake setups were the norm.

By my measurements, it's going to take something in the 280-310mm area for rotor size to properly fit a 15" rim. Say good-bye to your parking brake though.

In contrast, F1 cars have a much more balanced braking system with up to 40% of the total braking being done by the rear wheels. (Depends on ballast distribution)
    A lot of people are running strange engineering brakes for the drag set ups these days....http://www.strangeengineering.net They'll do custom set ups.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    A lot of people are running strange engineering brakes for the drag set ups these days....http://www.strangeengineering.net They'll do custom set ups.
    I concur. These are the brakes I'm getting for my drag RB25. Also check out aerospace components.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know about you guys but id take a set of slicks over street tires at the track any day of the week... For one, you ET better, 2 it actually hooks and 3 i have seen way more wrecks on street tires than i have on anything else.. 800whp on a set of street tires is asking for the ass to kick out on you @ 80mph+...

And like i already said, That Tial housing is actually going to be a Restriction over 1000whp... We have already been down that road just not on a BMW...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast